Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Noise

Noise
November 04, 2007, 03:46:58 PM
I've been listenning to a lot of grindcore lately, along with ambient black metal like I Shalt Become. I've also been getting into Japanese noise artists like Merzbow. I was wondering if anyone could recomend some more extreme grind or black metal bands that fit this discription. I'm not so keen on electronic noise, more blasting drums or guitar feedback. Any thoughts?

Re: Noise
November 04, 2007, 04:02:22 PM
I Shalt Become is massively influenced by Burzum and Judas Iscariot [hence the choice of the covers] and I hear some similarities to Ildjarn. Paysage d'Hiver and Vinterriket are "ambient Black Metal" and are both highly recommended. One caveat is that both of these bands have many pure Ambient works and you should research the genre of the album before you buy.

As far as Noise goes, Merzbow and Null are the cream of the crop. A lot of Noise is simple novelty... only the pure Noise that I've heard is artistically significant.

November 04, 2007, 06:56:18 PM
Vinterriket is very pretty much pop.

November 05, 2007, 07:15:44 AM
vinterriket has some great ideas but it all breaks down upon closer inspection. mainly because whatever creativity it has is outweighed by the number of recordings that have been made (and the desire to put out records) rather than spend that energy on creating one excellent album - the ideas are too repeatative. but i guess a lot of musicians are like this. also, software synths are weak.

November 05, 2007, 10:05:26 AM