Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Crappy Halloween

chrstphrbnntt

Re: Crappy Halloween
November 03, 2007, 05:23:39 PM

Shut up. It's a day to let kids dress up and have fun. Get off it.

To the gallows with ye, untermensch! ::)

November 03, 2007, 05:23:50 PM
If you want to let your kid become a spoilt little shit by allowing it to think it has a divine right to sweets etc, feel free.

AttheGates1996

November 03, 2007, 06:04:45 PM
Trick or treat = "Give me something even though I have done nothing to earn it, or else."

Wrong interpretation. You don't HAVE to give the kids anything. If you don't want to buy candy and hand it out, then don't. You're right, they have done nothing to earn it so therefore it won't be held against you to not give candy out on Halloween. I don't know why anyone would have to view such a trivial tradition by being defensive.

November 03, 2007, 06:47:02 PM

Wrong interpretation. You don't HAVE to give the kids anything. If you don't want to buy candy and hand it out, then don't. You're right, they have done nothing to earn it so therefore it won't be held against you to not give candy out on Halloween. I don't know why anyone would have to view such a trivial tradition by being defensive.

Of course you don't you complete cretin, you've missed out half the fucking statement.

TRICK OR TREAT

TRICK

OR

TREAT

TRICK

TRICK

TRICK

TRICK

TRICK

TRICK

TRICK

November 03, 2007, 07:06:10 PM
Since I'm kinda clueless about Halloween anyway, what happens if you say "trick" when they kindly inquire of you "trick or treat?"

chrstphrbnntt

November 03, 2007, 07:34:21 PM
Since I'm kinda clueless about Halloween anyway, what happens if you say "trick" when they kindly inquire of you "trick or treat?"

It's not an inquiry, it's an exclamation -- you are expected to either not answer the door or hand out candy.

Typically, my family asks it of me to take the younger children out for the night; this year I wasn't asked to, so I had some fun in a loincloth, a can of spray paint, a bag full of propaganda, and a few friends from the local record store. May as well make the best out of what the day has become: an excuse to either gorge yourself on candy or engage in pranks.

November 03, 2007, 11:53:42 PM

To the gallows with ye, untermensch! ::)

Such conversation about Halloween would make Nietzsche roll over in his tomb.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

November 04, 2007, 01:16:26 AM
Wherever this holiday may have come from doesn't really matter as what it is now is the "issue" so to speak. Stupid (and often times fat) American children with no point, purpose or future in life walking around at night to get free industrial chemical goo called "candy" that's been laced with refined sugars, dyes and Odin knows what else. Each junk when they're young and eat junk when they're old. Keeps the medical field prosperous and growing.

AttheGates1996

November 04, 2007, 03:36:48 AM
Ha, I don't understand why all of you are so against halloween. Sure, its unhealthy to eat a shit load of candy but it's fun when you're a little kid. Celebrating halloween is just a way to have fun, just as some find it fun to play instruments, or sports.

November 04, 2007, 08:22:02 AM
Celebrating halloween is just a way to have fun, just as some find it fun to play instruments, or sports.

God damn, I need Born for Banning to take this one.

November 04, 2007, 12:07:28 PM
Ha, I don't understand why all of you are so against halloween. Sure, its unhealthy to eat a shit load of candy but it's fun when you're a little kid. Celebrating halloween is just a way to have fun, just as some find it fun to play instruments, or sports.

I'm with you on this issue. In fact, this holiday is much funner when you're older.

I remember being bored out of my mind going from house to house asking for candy, and being tired and sweaty in that fucking costume. And the only reason to do it was because all your friends did it.

Nowadays, it's a lot funner to dress up when you're older (late 20's for me) and go to adult Halloween parties. What is wrong with acting a little zany once a year?

November 04, 2007, 03:01:20 PM
But that's not trick or treating is it. WHY IS EVERYONE VERY SLIGHTLY MISINTERPRETING ME EVERY TIME??

Most of the kids I grew up with didn't actually go trick or treating though so I guess I am being a little unfair... they just threw eggs at people, peoples houses and cars.

November 04, 2007, 04:27:41 PM
But that's not trick or treating is it. WHY IS EVERYONE VERY SLIGHTLY MISINTERPRETING ME EVERY TIME??

Most of the kids I grew up with didn't actually go trick or treating though so I guess I am being a little unfair... they just threw eggs at people, peoples houses and cars.

You must have grown up with some truly moronic people. I'm sorry for you.

November 04, 2007, 04:45:20 PM

I grew up between two neighborhoods. One was the nice upper middle-class neighborhood, where parents took kids out trick-or-treating in cute costumes, and everything was over by nine.

The other was the lower middle-class border neighborhood, where everyone was a bit surly, and the resulting mayhem was so much fun we all went over there. Fireworks, eggs, fires, shaving cream, high explosives and something called a "shit hose" were in play.

My god, it was nostalgic. But most of those kids went on to live adulthoods as hellish as their childhoods.