How many sub-pages do you want to make people navigate through?
I'd prefer to even avoid that, but if we agree on reducing the number of links on the ANUS frontpage the things must land somewhere. One sub-page level is all we'd need, as said above. We then should just make it nice so that instead of saying "Grmbl, a damn intermediary page to access what I want" people would say "Oh, there are many interesting things there, the page looks beautiful and that exponentiation e-zine logo attracts me, I'm gonna click on it. The short description under it sounds interesting, it's what I was looking for."
So, we'd need :
- A webpage per "family" of content, nice-looking. Maybe looking different from each other, if we have the time (via a banner, or the character type for the title, or both ?) The most difficult thing is to agree on what to put together and what to leave alone (some things would still be accessed directly from ANUS homepage).
- On the page itself, a list of the links with graphic logo and title for each one (a perfect example of what it would be is what you can see on top of the Zine
page. For The Undiscovered Country
, an image with just the green letters on black background, just as can be seen on the page, would be perfect. And so on. Each section already has its graphic identity, so it shouldn't be too hard to do.)
- A navigation system of some sort at the bottom of the page (and/or top ?).
And we're done. No need to touch to any section in itself, we're just presenting them from a kind of attractive menu.
My first suggestion is :
- A "Writings" page (this is only a working title)
- On it, the Exponentiation e-zine logo/title is at the top, and the TUC logo/title is under it. Short description for each (no more than three lines).