Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Dependency on ANUS and Nihilist Teachings

Re: Dependency on ANUS and Nihilist Teachings
November 13, 2007, 03:59:33 PM
I am not a nihilist.  I am not a hessian.  I am a person who takes modern music seriously and looks for others who do as well.  That's why I only post here and not on Corrupt.  The only thing I relate with on this website is music history.  I am not here for politics or world views.  Musical transcendence is above all that anyway.

I only read the articles here because they are objective in a world where it's hard to find such articles.  That's the only thing I enjoy besides the music here.

November 13, 2007, 10:38:10 PM
One thing that makes the articles here valuable for me is the topics I bring up, even if I don't immediately see the truth in them. What matters is what's real, and sometimes I'm wrong.

STS

November 14, 2007, 04:45:46 AM
I personally do not derive all of my philosophies and political opinions from any one group, book, or person.  I agree and support a lot of the ideas from this site, but my views vary in some instances, and I am completely unapologetic for that.

I think, for a group to be successful and complete, you have to know the individual outlook of the members that make up that group.  Kind of a "know thyself" effect on a larger scale.

This site being respectable for the most part, and definitely helping to establish Nihilsm in its entirety among readers, I was just wondering which of the users actually use this site for 100% of their philosophical reference.

Which of you had a strong understanding of Nihilism before finding this website, and which of you used it to learn and understand the world around you through Nihilist teachings?

Am I the only one who isn't completely submitted into this term, or are there other people walking the line here?

This isn't supposed to be detrimental to what you're trying to do; more of an evaluation, plus I'd like to see how you guys feel about ANUS

If you find the website(s) offering useful information which will benefit you then this is probably what should matter. Eclecticism makes sense because no single body of thought will encompass everything that’s important. Anus.com and Nazi.org may not be complete either, but their eclectic structure is a good point for reference.

STS

November 14, 2007, 04:53:28 AM
I am not a nihilist.  I am not a hessian.  I am a person who takes modern music seriously and looks for others who do as well.  That's why I only post here and not on Corrupt.  The only thing I relate with on this website is music history.  I am not here for politics or world views.  Musical transcendence is above all that anyway.

I only read the articles here because they are objective in a world where it's hard to find such articles.  That's the only thing I enjoy besides the music here.

I take music “seriously” to the extent that it becomes a channel for ideas, not as a blueprint for living a lifestyle. If music is only entertainment, or just "music", then you have Britney Spears; Burzum channels essential ideas through the totality of it's essence from the mentoring of it's proprietor right down to each chord played and this is why Burzum is important.

November 15, 2007, 10:07:11 PM
I actually think music can transcend above ideas and I think Burzum does just that.  You would never know it by listening to Varg speak though.  

November 16, 2007, 02:14:14 AM
Music is there to express beauty.

Beauty comes in many forms, and how we interpret it reflects how we look at life.

The greatest beauty comes from not trying to be beautiful, but telling a story of arriving at beauty... music of triumph, loss and return.

This idea of beauty, as a journey, expresses more than written philosophy or pictures can. It is an attitude that unites emotion and logic, an aesthetic power.

This is what all good metal has. All bad metal has ugliness or like Nightwish beauty with ugly structure, goes nowhere.