Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Hessian Pugilist Compact

Hessian Pugilist Compact
November 08, 2007, 01:52:20 PM
I'm pondering a non-profit, no gambling, mouthpiece and pads fight club for headbangers only. Maybe this would only take the shape of an annual convention, but it would serve to:

1) Gather Hessians
2) Draw attention to metal society
3) Information videos with propaganda
4) Get people healthy and motivated
5) Donations, band, music and arts promotions
6) Tours, lectures and conventions
7) Hessian warrior school and security company
eight) Fight arena combined with concert events
9) Political Action Committee
10) Hessian cultural centers and communities

The biggest drawback (#7) is probably local laws and liability. Nevertheless, boxing and karate fighting schools legally operate, so there is a way.

Re: Hessian Pugilist Compact
November 08, 2007, 03:34:58 PM
There is a way because they are master of their own school.

I don't know how it works in US, but here in Canada when you're a Black Belt and you assault someone, it's considered as ''physically assaulted with lethal weapon''. It's very strict here for Martial Arts.

If you want to open your school of martial art you generally need to be black belt with some dan, or the equivalent, and then to have some formation and all that stuff.

As far as mixed martial arts goes (what you're going to do obviously, since it's gonna be ''real'' figthing with every useful technique possible), I don't know how it works. Must be the same to open that time of school and say, box school IMO.

You should try to check for laws, because generally it's very strict.

November 11, 2007, 04:58:56 PM
I would have thought instead of teaching martial arts one learns more modern and western forms of fighting. Much like the kind learned by police officers. I would suggest this simply because it is far quicker to pick up and learn, where martial arts takes many years before it has practical applications.

November 11, 2007, 05:58:12 PM
I agree that Martial Arts is arts and spirituality before being a martial discipline for self-defense.

I was giving exemple with martial arts thou., cause I do them, I know nothing of modern self-defense.

November 11, 2007, 08:59:30 PM
In terms of practical fighting, muay thai, brazilian jiu jitsu, and wrestling/grappling have been proven to be the most effective forms of training to help achieve victory in mixed martial arts competition. The techniques employed work in the streets and in competition.

Hessians might be interested in the spiritual dimensions of martial arts as well though, so there is a price to pay for abstracting away practical technique from the above mentioned disciplines. Krav Maga is also worth looking into...

November 12, 2007, 01:53:44 AM
Before you become Fight Club, maybe try hybridizing your idea with 25 essential manskills club.

November 12, 2007, 10:41:49 PM
Self defense and physical fitness should get added to that list. Some unsettling things about most of the fellow men I have encountered include lack of experience with unarmed close combat and inability to comprehend strength/endurance training without reliance on consumer products. Boat propeller replacement could probably wait until we hone our pre-modern skill basics.

November 24, 2007, 12:37:03 AM
Real fight clubs are impossible unless you can rotate the fighters. Me and a group of friends had a weekly fight club for a while. It quickly ended. The reason why was that we were a small group of people and we fought hard. We all ended up breaking bones and could no longer fight so the fight club ended. Besides that breaking bones sucks...a lot. I personally broke a rib in the fight club. It practically immobilized me. It hurt to fucking breathe much less do anything else. The thing with broken bones is that you can't just take the pain because it worsens the injury and makes it take longer to heal. You have to be immobile which is horrible. A martial arts school would be much better.

Perhaps we should learn Combat Ki. Part of it involves being impervious to all blows. To become a master in it involves being hit blind folded in random weak points so you can't brace yourself. If you flinch, you fail; you must be completely immobile after being hit. Two of those spots where you get hit are the throat and groin extremely hard. And they do it as hard as they can too. Look up videos. They have demonstrations of 4 people simultaneously punching a guy in the neck from all sides and him not being affected at all. This is a large and established school and all this is real. Although I'm sure many martial artists from other styles can do this.

EDIT: I did some research and there's a style called Hwa Rang Do. I saw a guy put a chisel on his throat and a guy slammed it with a piece of wood. He did it so hard that it splintered the wood. But it doesn't end there, he continues doing it in rapid succession. It's much more impressive. I'm not 100% sure that it's real, but it appears to be. They also show a guy get run over by a truck. I'm not sure if anyone can do that though.

chrstphrbnntt

November 24, 2007, 03:10:25 AM
Real fight clubs are impossible unless you can rotate the fighters. Me and a group of friends had a weekly fight club for a while. It quickly ended. The reason why was that we were a small group of people and we fought hard. We all ended up breaking bones and could no longer fight so the fight club ended. Besides that breaking bones sucks...a lot. I personally broke a rib in the fight club. It practically immobilized me. It hurt to fucking breathe much less do anything else. The thing with broken bones is that you can't just take the pain because it worsens the injury and makes it take longer to heal. You have to be immobile which is horrible. A martial arts school would be much better.

Perhaps we should learn Combat Ki. Part of it involves being impervious to all blows. To become a master in it involves being hit blind folded in random weak points so you can't brace yourself. If you flinch, you fail; you must be completely immobile after being hit. Two of those spots where you get hit are the throat and groin extremely hard. And they do it as hard as they can too. Look up videos. They have demonstrations of 4 people simultaneously punching a guy in the neck from all sides and him not being affected at all. This is a large and established school and all this is real. Although I'm sure many martial artists from other styles can do this.

EDIT: I did some research and there's a style called Hwa Rang Do. I saw a guy put a chisel on his throat and a guy slammed it with a piece of wood. He did it so hard that it splintered the wood. But it doesn't end there, he continues doing it in rapid succession. It's much more impressive. I'm not 100% sure that it's real, but it appears to be. They also show a guy get run over by a truck. I'm not sure if anyone can do that though.

Combat-Ki doesn't make you impervious to blows -- blows are controlled, and pain is all but nullified. However, if you break a bone, you break a bone. Notice how nobody ever gets hit square in the face in Combat-Ki demonstrations, or receives a roundhouse kick to the side of the head.

A fight club can work, and not necessarily even rotating. Some people live in fighting dojos, and have fights daily. Some Cambodian pradal serey fighters have had thousands of fights.

However, we are not true martial artists. The purpose of this fight club would be health, self-defense and promotion of Hessian ideas -- not to make an ANUS killing machine. A rotating, infrequent ordeal would most likely suffice. The goal should be a prominent MMA group. The question is: is it possible?

November 26, 2007, 09:31:38 PM

I don't know how it works in US, but here in Canada when you're a Black Belt and you assault someone, it's considered as ''physically assaulted with lethal weapon''. It's very strict here for Martial Arts.

Pretty much the same thing here. I know a few people who trained for cagefighting and boxing and they were told if they beat somebody up even with their bare hands it goes down as assault with a deadly weapon.

Cigno

January 08, 2009, 02:11:20 AM
Martial artists use to understand hierarchy better than most people.

Martial Arts also teachs us how impersonal conflict make us stronger and wiser. This would be an excellent idea to achieve the broterhood we really need.

January 08, 2009, 03:14:40 AM
I'm guessing this idea never got off the ground which is a shame. It is a good idea and would work, be sustainable, if done in a properly controlled manner. The problem is the vast distances that separate us all; however, that doesn't make it impossible and unworthy as an idea. Would be great if it got going.

January 08, 2009, 03:27:28 PM
We need a topic listing active ideas that are good but need collaborators because Hessians are too dysfunctional to launch anything themselves.

"Put up a flyer? But I've never had a class in putting up flyers!"