Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Music to fall asleep to/how it affects your dreams

Eh. I've found that you either let life ride you, or you ride it. You have to make your mind ready to appreciate music and you can do that whenever you want.

1. Calm your mind.
2. Focus on the sounds around you.
3. Start music playing.
4. Remain in focused state.

It's not rocket science.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Most lately I've been falling a sleep to either ambient or classical music. It helps me fall asleep, and when I wake up the next morning I'm more relaxed and full of energy.

It's not rocket science.

Hey, what's wrong with Rocket Science lol?
If music can influence us even when we are in a near-unconscious state, then what does that tell you about the power of music?
People immediately assume that because one falls asleep to music that a) the music must suck or b) the listener is not paying attention to the music played before them. What if it was the musicians intention to put the listener to sleep in order to ultimately send them to a different realm of experience? What the hell is "full-attention" anyways? I don't our minds are so absolute that they can give this so-called "full-attention". What is being asked of listeners (and should be asked) is what have they discerned from the music?
Signature: Something I didn't sign up for but found inherently true.

Hey, what's wrong with Rocket Science lol?
If music can influence us even when we are in a near-unconscious state, then what does that tell you about the power of music?
People immediately assume that because one falls asleep to music that a) the music must suck or b) the listener is not paying attention to the music played before them. What if it was the musicians intention to put the listener to sleep in order to ultimately send them to a different realm of experience? What the hell is "full-attention" anyways? I don't our minds are so absolute that they can give this so-called "full-attention". What is being asked of listeners (and should be asked) is what have they discerned from the music?

I have to agree with this. For a couple of reasons. When I'm trying to write, I have a hard time durning the day and my mind not being clear of other things. It doens't matter if the television is on in the background or  family members arguing in the next room. When I'm falling alseep or almost close to being unconsious, it's easier to write stuff. It doesn't matter if it's lyrics or poems.

I would encourage for everybody to check out Shining's "V. Halmstad" to fall asleep to

first time I did, I had very disturbing dreams.
=U= we will be back

Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
Tyranny - Bleak Vistae
Morbid Angel - Formulas
are good to sleep to.

But the best for me is Rigor Sardonicus - Risus Ex Mortuus