Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Suicide

AttheGates1996

Re: Suicide
November 19, 2007, 02:51:22 AM
Yea... I'm sure that while I see fast food bashers on this site they initially thoght of all that... that justification was probably never even conceived of until now.

The real reason: This site hates everything that is popular.

Examples:
Fast food
Metalocalypse
Family Guy
Greenday and all similar bands
At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul
Metallica's Black Album
Metallica in general
Any majority

Other possible exmaples I'm guessing on by basing my assumptions on the common thinking exeplified from this site:
Coca-Cola perhaps? It's way to popular for you guys to like
Telvision?, I'm sure you guys can't stand the fact that a lot of people watch television
Car? WAY over rated... I'm sure

Hell, you hate every band that is known by a lot of people... you might as well hate music. After all, it's just like the addiction that some have with fast food.

Dunkelheit

November 19, 2007, 03:43:51 AM
I'm not going to say that everyone who condemns McDonalds does so for any reasons I stated, but I think they are somewhat obvious observations of fast food operations. And my "justification" was conceived awhile ago but has been nurtured through education and reading.

As far as hating everything that's popular, why does this site and most of its posters champion bands like Slayer? They're arguably one of the most popular metal bands, so by your logic everyone on ANUS would hate them. The reality is, most of us don't care about whether something is popular or not.. rather we evaluate things based on what they communicate, how they make use of certain forms and structures, and how well they are done. If you just want to be entertained, eat, sleep, fuck, and die.. then this probably won't make much sense to you. But if you want something more out of life, want to tap into something that's bigger than you, then it should be somewhat clear.

November 19, 2007, 05:45:30 AM
McDonalds??! what the hell? fuck that subhuman shit! and fuck anyone that doesn't live by the code..

shadowmystic

November 19, 2007, 05:54:12 AM

Think before I post? It seems as though I'm the only who actually thinks intently on this site. It's so full of one-sided views that it holds back what many on this site wish for, a utopia of a world. You see everyone on this site (just like every one else in the world) preaches against what they don't practice and consider themselves supreme to everyone else.

Christian preach against sex, a bunch of other shit, and blasphemy.

This site preaches against any form of music not liked by Prozak, any music that obtains to large of a number of fans, any musician who is popular around this era (Chuck, Dimebag, James and Kirk[not that I necessarily like the ones I listed]) eating fast food, watching comedy, and yet nothing is preached against that is real stupidity. Example: Smoking, doing drugs, drinking until you puke (something I’m sure many of you have done.)

@Moses

Think before you support shit standards that make no sense.

You have completely misinterpreted the intentions of this site, you seem to only come to this forum to start pointless arguments.  This site supports the removal of preconceived values in order to construct a values system based on reality, not emotional symbolism, or anything concerning your egotistic notion that your opinion matters.  Not everyone on this site has the exact same views, I for one have my disagreements with the admin and have brought it up in the past, but have since learned that the important thing is coming to a consensus that benefits everyone and working towards it, not whinging that 'everyone is against you' when you come on here saying we're all idiots who are wrong about everything and refusing to provide one decent argument as to why.

rollin.out420

November 19, 2007, 07:12:37 AM
Suicide is the cowards way out.

November 19, 2007, 12:26:02 PM
Last argumentation of Athegates = epic fail.

Everything you named (apart from music yo), IS degeneracy of modern society. Why in the hell, popular or not, we would eat Mcdonald ? Listen to shit ? Waste our time on TV ? etc.. It just DOESN'T STAND. I think you're just pissed off and try to find some argument... but fact is that it don't works.

November 19, 2007, 05:55:41 PM
The fact that those things you listed, Atthegates, are all popular and are all things that most ANUSians detest is more than mere coincidence.

What you're forgetting is that they are popular BECAUSE they are unhealthy, meaningless, and at the same time, profitable.

They appeal to a large group of people because, in the case of the black album, they're too goddamn dumb to tell the difference between cock-rock and old school speed metal, in the case of Metalocalypse, because they like to have their distorted misconceptions of metal upheld, in the case of McDonald's because they'd rather buy convenience in the form of a $1 hamburger.

There is one common thing holding these together: they're all the result of a moneymaking scheme.

The fact that bad products that help contribute to the massive failure that is our society are popular is because most people will accept it, and by that logic, most people aren't worth their own fucking weight.

To say that we're just arbitrarily going against the grain and despising everything popular including popularity itself is missing the point. The best part of nihilism is using it as a tool to evaluate some decisions over others. The decision to not listen to ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME?, not eat McDonald's, or whatever has nothing to do with some selfish need to point fingers and say "I'm better than everyone else" (although some people have turned it into that). It's simply discarding the trash in pursuit of something meaningful.

November 19, 2007, 05:59:23 PM
Back to the topic of suicide, anyone? I don't think we're asking the right questions here. What about committing suicide for fun, just like when some people smoke PCP for the out of body experience. Sure you might not come back, but one way or another, you'll be finding out what happens when you die.

The final step in the quest for knowledge?

(it's okay, you can laugh)

November 20, 2007, 12:22:38 AM
The real reason: This site hates everything that is popular.

Examples:
Fast food
Metalocalypse
Family Guy
Greenday and all similar bands
At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul
Metallica's Black Album
Metallica in general
Any majority
Coca-Cola
Telvision
Car

You assume one reason. Let me give you another:

Fast food - instead of real nourishing food, eat crap and act like a moron

Metalocalypse - entertainment for morons

Family Guy - don't know, don't watch TV

Greenday and all similar bands - horrible

At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul - step back from their groundbreaking, awesome earlier work; assimilation by the stupid

Metallica's Black Album - a step back from their earlier work

Metallica in general - not so, there's a Metallica review on the site

Any majority - not so, but most are LCD

Coca-Cola - you pay 1500% markup for sugar water? with phosphoric acid to rot your teeth? help

Telvision - better ways to spend your time

Car - I like my car, but there are less destructive ways to travel

I guess what it comes down to is this: most things most people like are stupid, and that's how it has always been. It's the consistent pattern of the stupid overwhelming the smart with superior numbers that makes me uneasy. And what a wonderful world it has created!

You might want to go re-listen to City of Screaming Statues and re-read the lyrics.

November 20, 2007, 01:56:55 AM
Thanks for saying essentially the exact same thing I did, if you don't mind can we go back to talking about suicide?

Point has been made, Atthegates proven wrong, let's move on.

November 20, 2007, 03:29:36 AM
Dunkelheit wrote: why does this site and its posters champion bands like Slayer?
That's because this is a nazi site, for pete's sake. Any band who feature Hitlerian motifs or symbols gets a thumbs up sign by Chancellor Prozak. How could Massacra's album end up as number one on the best of death metal list without the word "Holocaust" on the title?
As for the topic of suicide, the act is honorable or despicable depending on the situation. Samurais killing themselves for their emperor sounds cool while some guy blowing his brains out because he couldn't pay the rent is pathetic.

November 20, 2007, 09:14:50 AM
What about committing suicide for fun [...] Sure you might not come back, but one way or another, you'll be finding out what happens when you die.

The final step in the quest for knowledge?

(it's okay, you can laugh)

The main problem is that most people leave something behind when doing this and don't want their family/friends to be sad. Of course when you're dead it doesn't matter anymore, but this weird piece of meat that is our brain can foretell the future from the directions of the present, and it can influence what you do or not.

AttheGates1996

November 20, 2007, 01:55:07 PM
Point has been made, Atthegates proven wrong, let's move on.

Now when you say proven wrong, you really mean the majority of members on anus disagree with me?

Let's take the perspectives of the views I expressed from a non bias point shall we? Sure, it’s a hell of lot more difficult to prove fast food to be worth eating but you guys don’t even think about it. You just follow majority of this site, which typically follows the minority of the world. When you take a non bias point of view you’ll realize that some might not consider fast food a bad source of food. Now your first reaction to this is something along the lines of this person being a moron but the question is why? Why is this person a moron? Because he might die sooner? Because they might get fat? What if they don’t care. Why are they stupid now? My point being, why is being strict about your diet to be healthy a smart idea? You say there is better things to consume than McDonald’s but what is better? Some might consider taste better, and I know that sounds ridiculous but aren’t all of our lives just going to end anyway?

As I said before you can’t prove McDonalds is bad. From your bias perspective on this site you can, but not in reality. As I was saying before, smoking you can prove wrong, because it kills with no benefit whatsoever. At least McDonalds is a type of food, food of which, being a necessity of life.

Therefore, my conclusion, and this should be your conclusion also, is that to consider McDonalds a poor decision in life while neglecting the inevitable pointlessness of smoking is nothing short of narrow-minded and chances are your ideas of poor decisions is based on what your PERSONAL practice or the longing to be accepted by the majority of this site and not on intelligence gained through open-mindedness and an awareness of other points of view in life.

November 20, 2007, 02:28:16 PM
What if they don’t care.

ATG: Your posts reek of fatalism. You should read more and, if your brain allows it, perhaps you will come to understand the basic mentality of people here.

This site espouses nihilism aka objective common sense and utilizes it in a manner that most intelligent people would assume without thinking twice. There is no need to state why any of your caveats are "wrong" as it goes without saying to anyone who has done their share of reading and learning the basic doctrines behind this site.

AttheGates1996

November 20, 2007, 02:56:59 PM

ATG: Your posts reek of fatalism.

This site espouses nihilism

Very strange that you bring beliefs into this, so let me say this:

I know NOTHING of fatalism. I know NOTHING of nihilism. I will admit I have not read one word of information on these ways of living. Perhaps my lack of knowledge is what frees me. I feel no influence to follow. My thoughts are not subconsciously binded. Maybe you should consider revising your views because they seem to be flawed if you think McDonalds is worse than smoking. I obviously proved it wrong… to eat something unhealthy? Or to just inhale something unhealthy? The fact that your point of view is flawed is apparent. End the denial. And if one does think that smoking is less healthy then why wasn’t it pointed out? And if the reason is simply that it was overlooked than once again… your point of view has failed to see the true aspects of why McDonalds is bad, and that is: It is unhealthy. If you see that in McDonalds and you truly follow your viewpoints instead of, say for instance, the majority of this site, then you would have, by no doubt, clearly thought of smoking.