Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Suicide

shadowmystic

Re: Suicide
November 15, 2007, 06:01:55 AM
Perhaps in a case where one was disgraced by their actions or if it was simply better for everyone if someone died.  

I'm thinking of suicide in the Japanese tradition, sometimes people would be ordered to commit suicide rather than be executed, this allowed them some dignity I suppose.

November 15, 2007, 01:44:12 PM
kampf bis tod

November 16, 2007, 02:18:44 AM
I'm thinking of suicide in the Japanese tradition, sometimes people would be ordered to commit suicide rather than be executed, this allowed them some dignity I suppose.

Can we send a form letter to all the morons?

Dear Occupant,

You have been determined to fall below the standards of a rising society for the following reasons:

• IQ under 120

[ ] Dishonorable behavior
  • Zero accomplishment

[ ] Parasitic behavior
[ ] You eat at McDs and watch Family Guy

Consequently, the Emperor requires your suicide by sepukku. For instructions, please visit http://www.anus.com/etc/sepukku.

Thank you for your cooperation,
- The order of the Chrysanthemum

(shrugs) It's worth a try.

shadowmystic

November 16, 2007, 05:45:54 AM
If it works it would save us alot of time and washing of hands.

November 17, 2007, 07:32:02 PM
Although I'm not 100% certain that it's a black and white issue, I cannot imagine any admirable suicide which is based on phsychological issues.  The whole "content with your accomplishments" thing is BULLSHIT and I cannot believe people here are espousing that kind of crap.  No human being will reach the end of their rope mentally; we only fool ourselves into thinking we do.  You can always do more.  Unless...

I agree with you.  No individual ever know everything, and there will never be a shortage of things to experience, to learn, to perceive, etc...  I know that I will never stop trying to learn until the day I die (unless I develop alzheimers...fuck that).  However, I interpret the Buddhist decision to commit suicide as an (older) man becoming completely aware and accepting of his ignorance.  People generally don't understand what's happening around them in nature, and most of the things they "know" are faulty interpretations about the world that they have inherited from their ancestors (see writings by Heraclitus for better explanations on these ideas).  

Well, there are several ways in which a person can react to this.  Socrates chose to walk around Athens and call people on their bullshit.  He realized that 99.9% of all people (including him) don't know what they're talking about, and all he wanted to do was inform them of their inherent ignorance.  We all know how that ended.  

I suppose another way is the Buddhist suicide route.  I personally would never choose it, but it seems like a man would make this decision after learning and thinking all of his life and coming to the conclusion that we can't really know anything.   It's a fairly profound realization to come to, realizing the true limits of the human mind and the human condition.  I admit that suicide seems like a cop out in this situation, but maybe the man committing suicide is simply ready to take the "next step." Man is ignorant, so maybe he no longer wants or needs his human body after coming to this realization...

On a more personal level I realize that I, along with the rest of humanity, am ignorant.  We are all destined to misinterpret the world around us, and our minds are so fragile and underdeveloped that we can't really "know" how or why things happen; there can only be interpretations that are closer to the truth than others.  However, that doesn't give us any right to give up and say that trying anything or declaring anything is a futile task.  Some interpretations are better than others, and some decisions are better than others.  Nothing we do is ever guaranteed to succeed, but sitting back and assuming everything will be okay guarantees failure.  We all have a duty to try and prevent the world from turning into complete shit, even though most of our decisions are destined to fail.  All we can do is learn to make better, but not perfect, decisions, which will hopefully prevent man from completely destroying himself.  I guess it's a little something to think about.

November 18, 2007, 11:38:52 AM
On a more personal level I realize that I, along with the rest of humanity, am ignorant.  We are all destined to misinterpret the world around us, and our minds are so fragile and underdeveloped that we can't really "know" how or why things happen; there can only be interpretations that are closer to the truth than others.

Exactly. Keep getting better at it. Or, if that's too much, turn on the TV and stop thinking, which is close enough to suicide.

AttheGates1996

November 19, 2007, 01:13:49 AM
“Dear Occupant,

You have been determined to fall below the standards of a rising society for the following reasons:

• IQ under 120
    [ ] Dishonorable behavior
  • Zero accomplishment
    [ ] Parasitic behavior
    [ ] You eat at McDs and watch Family Guy

Consequently, the Emperor requires your suicide by sepukku. For instructions, please visit http://www.anus.com/etc/sepukku.

Thank you for your cooperation,
    - The order of the Chrysanthemum”

Is this really how society is judged? These standards are beyond bullshit.

IQ under 120: Okay, even if this isn’t the person’s fault, I guess its understandable. But not these other standards…

Dishonorable behavior: First off, are these standards something that this particular site encourages? Because if so, you’re all a bunch of dumbasses. There are  people in the “school shooting in Finland” thread standing up for his actions, and yet committing suicide is the most cowardly and dishonorable thing to do to yourself. Also, Hitler was honorable to his beliefs but I wouldn’t call him someone up to the standards of a “rising society.”

Zero accomplishment: This makes no sense. An accomplishment is fulfilling what one wants or basically “to do.” What one might not consider an accomplishment, another might.

Parasitic behavior: What exactly does this mean? To be attached to something? because after all, repeated attempts is a vital key to becoming better.

You eat McDs and watch Family Guy: First off… McDonalds? Are you sure? You’re sure smoking isn’t more stupid? What’s wrong with McDonalds? I eat it every now and then simply because it tastes good and I don’t gain a pound. Sure, its unhealthy for me, but at least I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life. Family Guy is a decent show. It’s not a work of art but humor is a matter of opinion.

These standards are what really keep society from rising.

Dunkelheit

November 19, 2007, 01:22:55 AM
These standards are what really keep society from rising.

You really just don't get it. Having standards is what enables society to "rise." When there are no standards there is degeneracy. I'm not advocating stiff rules like IQ requirements and other similar assessments, but the idiotic and damaging behavior of certain individuals and groups should not be tolerated by the rest of society.

AttheGates1996

November 19, 2007, 01:39:48 AM
the idiotic and damaging behavior of certain individuals and groups should not be tolerated by the rest of society.

So smoking is acceptable while McDonalds is not? That is truly idiotic. I much rather the person next to me be eating McDonalds than me inhaling second hand smoke.

shadowmystic

November 19, 2007, 01:44:35 AM
@AttheGates1996

Please remember to think before you post.

November 19, 2007, 02:01:02 AM
So smoking is acceptable while McDonalds is not?

Smoking sometimes kills, but can be fun. McDonald's on the other hand produces nothing good. Legalize smoking (Hitler wanted to ban it) and band McDonald's, or even better use it as a gas chamber for eugenic eliminations of morons.

AttheGates1996

November 19, 2007, 02:07:22 AM
@AttheGates1996

Please remember to think before you post.

Think before I post? It seems as though I'm the only who actually thinks intently on this site. It's so full of one-sided views that it holds back what many on this site wish for, a utopia of a world. You see everyone on this site (just like every one else in the world) preaches against what they don't practice and consider themselves supreme to everyone else.

Christian preach against sex, a bunch of other shit, and blasphemy.

This site preaches against any form of music not liked by Prozak, any music that obtains to large of a number of fans, any musician who is popular around this era (Chuck, Dimebag, James and Kirk[not that I necessarily like the ones I listed]) eating fast food, watching comedy, and yet nothing is preached against that is real stupidity. Example: Smoking, doing drugs, drinking until you puke (something I’m sure many of you have done.)

@Moses

Think before you support shit standards that make no sense.

AttheGates1996

November 19, 2007, 02:10:49 AM

Smoking sometimes kills, but can be fun. McDonald's on the other hand produces nothing good. Legalize smoking (Hitler wanted to ban it) and band McDonald's, or even better use it as a gas chamber for eugenic eliminations of morons.

You just have to much of an ego (caused by this site) to say that you're stupid for smoking, don't you? Your not man enough to admit that you're just as stupid as anyone else this site preaches against. But you don't have to... because this site is on your side, you're in your comfort zone... with other smokers accomplishing nothing in life except feeling better about themselves for liking under rated music.

Besides the preservation of great music this site has blessed us with... it sickens me.

November 19, 2007, 02:19:14 AM
You just have to much of an ego (caused by this site) to say that you're stupid for smoking, don't you?

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I'm not a smoker.

My point was that while smoking might have some advantages, McDonald's is always a lower standard of behavior. Another example: there are cases in which sleeping late can be good, but sleeping on feces is always bad.

Dunkelheit

November 19, 2007, 02:34:22 AM
I don't think anyone was advocating smoking in here, but I really don't see a good reason to condemn it aside from the harmful additives put in cigarettes by Big Tobacco. All the second hand smoke shit sounds like bullshit to me, it can't be any more harmful than breathing normal city air (you also aren't forced to stand next to a smoker). As for drugs, to deny that there are responsible drug users, using drugs for reasons other than a selfish escape from reality exist would be a major mistake. Alcohol also has it's place.

What you did was get personally offended by Born For Banning's post because it spoke against eating at fast food restaurants which you yourself enjoy. His post was obviously sarcastic, while holding a bit of honesty. Besides, do you really think eating cheap over-processed food is in any way shape or form good for you? Yeah most of us have and probably will eat McDonalds. Fast Food, Walmart, and other abominations have become a major part of our cultures. They're obviously harmful to us in the long run and are perpetuated by the shortsighted thinking of the common modern man. You may see no harm in eating a hamburger at a fast food place, but that is because you are seeing it only as a source of food and nothing else. If you were to think of the mass ammount of commodity corn that is grown to feed the giant polluting feedlots where the beef is grown, the oil needed to farm the stuff and transport it, the land taken up by the whole operation. the natural resources consumed, the plastics and papers used to package it, etc, etc, etc all for a cheap food source that isn't nutritious.. but makes a large profit.

That isn't even the whole picture but it's a start.. when you look at a situation, taking in all sides of it it is easier to see it's impact.

Aside from all that, you're paying too much attention to the minute details of what is being said here and not enough to the core ideas of what is being expressed. You see the majority of the posters as having some sort of single mentality and set of ideas. In reality it's a rather diverse group that has come to agree on a few key issues.