Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Suicide

Septicemia

Re: Suicide
November 21, 2007, 01:31:32 PM
Since when does this site offer a sped program?

November 21, 2007, 03:40:20 PM
Concerning AtTheGates1996:

An attempt at a summary for you to perhaps aid understanding:

It sounds to me, given you mentioned that you haven't read the anus material or philosophy or any of that, that you've developed a certain picture of what anus is about. I can only presume it's been informed by the postings you've read on these metal forums and perhaps by the various bits of propaganda produced by the staff.

I think that the propaganda and some of the posts shouldn't be taken in any kind of absolute or even literal manner. There's usually alot of sarcasm in the posts, for example. Maybe it really is Born For Banning's position, but an arbitrary standard like "kill everyone below IQ120" is (hopefully) obviously foolish. Rather, what I get out of the post is that it is showing that we do not value intelligence, that people of low intelligence often don't realize they're stupid, and that maybe if they did realize it, they wouldn't go beyond their means and might try to do the best with what they've got, or something like that.

You then came back and responded in a harsh absolute way. Ex: degrading people because they eat fast food is an insane judgment. This is misunderstanding the point. The goal is not to create a standard of absolute evil upon which if you eat a cheeseburger you're the fucking devil. The fact that someone ate a big mac one time, or even a few times, says very little about them. What might say more is if they are a regular customer. What would say even more is if they're a regular customer and they're overweight. The more qualities and patterns that reveal themselves, the more they begin to paint a picture of what a person values and cares about.

The current day and age is insane in alot of ways in terms of what it values and cares about. We have alot of very easy ways to accomplish alot of things in our lives. There's easy entertainment with television, easy food with fast food, and all the other examples that get thrown around on these boards that you no doubt are aware of. These things come at a price. They show that we are willing to raise up ease at the cost of other things. It is these things that we try to investigate. We want to know what we're losing by leading these modern lives because we are undoubtedly losing something.

The diagnosis often runs like this: We are losing meaning to our existence when we throw off challenge and all that comes with it. We no longer have great health, let alone flourishing. We simply keep society going for the sake of keeping society going with no greater goals or ideals to help us recognize that maybe some things shouldn't be kept around. This situation bothers alot of people and that's why many of us are here.
You call yourself free? Let me hear your ruling thoughts, and not that you have escaped bondage. Are you one who deserved to escape from it?

November 21, 2007, 09:36:45 PM
The goal is not to create a standard of absolute evil upon which if you eat a cheeseburger you're the fucking devil. The fact that someone ate a big mac one time, or even a few times, says very little about them. What might say more is if they are a regular customer. What would say even more is if they're a regular customer and they're overweight. The more qualities and patterns that reveal themselves, the more they begin to paint a picture of what a person values and cares about.

The goal is to establish values.

Some people think fast food is totally awesome. We use our brains when we look at them. If it's a child or teenager, it means little. But someone who should know better is probably slovenly, mentally useless and impotent.

People under 120 are generally the less competent who cause problems for the more competent. Increasingly, we do not need them, and they are so much in the majority we cannot control them. The whole point of the argument is: if everyone under 120 IQ points died tomorrow, would things be better/worse?

Answer that honestly, and look there for your answers.

November 22, 2007, 07:37:49 PM
Wow people some of us have too much time on our hands donít we?
All we can do is sit on our lazy bottoms and argue all day about the reputation of a WEB SITE?!?! Wow, ďoh I donít watch TVĒ who ever that was well all I can say to you is that you may not watch TV but you sure as hell can waste your life in front of a computer. Well FYI people, your all losers! Woo! Congrats! Now letís establish something, were all old enough to be out in the world working productive middle class Americans. Instead of crying over a WEB SITE and bitching at a person who simply stated their views, letís go out there and make something out of ourselves! Good idea!
Now I for one am going to work,
*hint, hint*  ;)

November 22, 2007, 07:42:03 PM
Gyna, that's what you call making something of yourself?

November 22, 2007, 07:45:01 PM
do you have a better idea?

November 22, 2007, 07:56:53 PM
do you have a better idea?

Fuck work and fuck supporting this economy.

"Making something out of yourself" is an illusion to make people feel like they're doing themselves some kind of big favor by becoming an insignificant dickheaded bureaucrat in a suit, supposedly doing "big business." Every suit I've ever talked to was a cowardly man subconsciously wishing he lived in a better time, milking this world away, one barrel of oil and a sweep of the slaughterhouse at a time.

November 22, 2007, 10:23:11 PM

Every suit I've ever talked to was a cowardly man subconsciously wishing he lived in a better time, milking this world away, one barrel of oil and a sweep of the slaughterhouse at a time.

I'll vouch for that.

And to Gyna, I believe you asked me if I have a better idea? Yes I do, and it doesn't rule out having a job to achieve some of those ideas on a personal level, but having a good job or becoming a "working productive middle class American" doesn't make you worth a goddamn thing.

Seriously, do you aspire towards mediocrity? What comes next after becoming a "productive citizen"? Are we supposed to feel warm and cozy inside because, after all, our paychecks tell us how much we're worth? Wake up, Gyna.

I don't so much detest jobs as I do the idea that jobs are the one and only key to a happy rest-of-your-life. Talk to some crust-punks. Many of them are homeless and eat out of dumpsters, but still some of the kindest, happiest people you'll ever meet.

I don't want you to think that I'm a lazy person, quite the contrary. I work hard for things that matter to me. I'm sure most of us here have jobs, but in a small portion of our spare time, we talk on the metal forum about how we can achieve something higher than mediocre.

The spirit of metal is one of strength and independence, not sheepish servitude. We care very little about commonly accepted conventions, laws, morals, or the drones trying to enforce them.

November 23, 2007, 02:12:35 AM
these same morals, laws and conventions are what keeps the world going. what keeps it from being chaotic. Do you actually believe those welfare state crust punk limeys are actually happy? They're probably wishing they're wearing pinstripe suits and balling some high priced bimbo instead of having to eat left-overs.
Eating at fastfood joints or watching t.v. is a choice, if you can't stand watching, then turn off the t.v. for god's sake, you don't have to make an issue out of it (unless you have a big ego).
Only shitheads would think not watching t.v. or eating burgers make one better than all the rest. Achievement is the only virtue, the rest is mere bullshit.
self-improvement is for the weak.

November 23, 2007, 12:04:35 PM
these same morals, laws and conventions are what keeps the world going. what keeps it from being chaotic.

It will be chaotic no matter what. It's fairly chaotic now. Run out of money in the USA, and you'll end up in Iraq.

We can have better morals, laws and conventions.

November 25, 2007, 12:08:06 AM
Gyna, would you like to exchange your mediocre middle class life that seems to me already destroyed the last brain cells you had, (supposing you ever had any of course). What was that about? Come here and insult those the few that come here and exchange extremely interesting ideas? This is the wrong place for you little working ant. *smiles*
The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit.