Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The roots of modern alternative and indie music

I have often wondered why the ANUS staff doesn't make their own band and release music in the vein they'd like to see out now.

A movement of only musicians fails because there's no one there to explain it, to advocate. If Nietzsche had junked any thought of philosophy for a musical career, would we be better off?

This is why I stopped reading your posts, I think. Over and over you advocate things that have failed in the past.

Open your eyes. Everyone has strapped on a guitar, and none of them understand the values behind the music, so they hash out the same crap that flooded the following genres:

Because they cant do it, you cant do it?  That isnt what your elitist tone says.  You're better than they are?  Prove it.

No wonder this board is regarded as the internet's largest concentration of pretentious, basement-dwelling, elitist forum nerds.  You are.  You don't want to take part of any real action.  You just want to hear yourselves talk about doing something, and bitch about how no one else is good enough for you.  I'm out.  The methane that comes out of you assholes' mouth is probably what ripped a hole in the o-zone.

Because they cant do it, you cant do it?  That isnt what your elitist tone says.  

No, what my elitist tone says is stop repeating the past. We need people to think outside the box, not "everyone grab guitars and rush headlong at the problem." That has failed.

we should just sit in our fucking basements on a computer and raise our post count by bitching about the same old shit then, huh?  Cause thats how saviors are made.

we should just sit in our fucking basements on a computer and raise our post count by bitching about the same old shit then, huh?  Cause thats how saviors are made.

ANUS is the single foremost proponent of quality metal and has thousands of people a day reading its articles. That's doing nothing? Working with local bands, writing about music, promoting quality music?

What you don't understand is that a scene isn't made of just musicians. It needs more, including some people to keep those musicians heading toward some creative goal.

You're missing the main point, which is that the 100,000 metal bands we have now should have just stayed in their basements typing on computers... they're not achieving anything else, with a handful of exceptions.

If it is garbage and you put it out with the pretense of having other people listen to it, therby piling higher and deeper, then yes.  If you mean creating and performing music explicitly for your own amusement, why would you even bring it up?

Why have you got no mates? lol @ u

A movement of only musicians fails because there's no one there to explain it, to advocate. If Nietzsche had junked any thought of philosophy for a musical career, would we be better off?

And so he did both...
Maybe that is what you meant.

Anyway, that was very wise from him. I too, cannot have only one occupation. It is important to find inspiration in the many aspects of life, something most musicians today seem to have problems with.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

And so he did both...

Not really. It is only because of his philosophy that we have his music today. That is what I meant.