Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Photographs

Re: Recent Photographs
November 21, 2007, 12:26:34 PM
Out of curiosity, do metal tours tend to come through Seattle?

If not, what areas of Oregon/Washington do they tend to frequent?

November 21, 2007, 10:14:40 PM
San Diego, CA.

Most of this area now is occupied by real estate

November 22, 2007, 02:48:07 AM
Out of curiosity, do metal tours tend to come through Seattle?

If not, what areas of Oregon/Washington do they tend to frequent?

Immolation was in Portland a few weeks ago...and probably Seattle too but not sure on that. Seattle seems to have more come through though than Portland. Which is most likely a result of Seattle's bigger population.

Salem, Oregon and Spokane, Washington are probably the rare secondary locations. Everywhere else is too low key, especially eastern Oregon.

November 22, 2007, 02:52:13 AM
San Diego, CA.
Most of this area now is occupied by real estate

Farmland in Western Oregon is gradually being processed into a concrete Southern California clone. Complete with strip malls, new houses everywhere, strip clubs, KFC, and car dealerships. Time to move somewhere else soon.  ;D

November 27, 2007, 10:47:24 PM
While I don't intend to continue attention whoring myself indefinetely, photographs from an outing a couple days ago seem particularly in tune with the "spirit of metal" so to speak.

The Sun No Longer Rises

Over the course of a day, I traveled alone up a trailless valley, using a wide gravel riverbed to avoid the tangled undergrowth on either side.  The valley sits, deeply carved by an ancient glacier, on the north side of a major mountain massif, and recieves little to no sun during the winter.  The third photograph above was taken at mid day.  From that point, I continued up the valley toward where it dead ends in a great cirque where glaciers still claw at the cliffs, unhindered by sunlight even in summer.  At the point where I turned around (last two pictures), the temperature was dropping rapidly and the hoar frost crystals were two inches long.  The river itself was beginning to freeze and bury itself in its own ice.  I got out with little time to spare, as a winter storm came in yesterday, as a winter storm came through and buried the valley in 3 feet of snow.