Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Alternative education

Re: Alternative education
November 16, 2007, 02:49:52 AM
The only positive I can think about for staying in high school in your case (from what youve described) is the possibility that your school provides scholarships for the next level.

I just recieved MCAS scholarships, but I think that was set up especially for my school.

I dont know, if you have to stay, check out what your school can do for you, instead of walking in there every day and making them the beneficiaries by taking your tax money in return for a completely irrelevant education.

Whatever you decide. Good luck.  It isn't always the decision that matters, its what you make of the result.  

November 20, 2007, 12:26:34 AM
It isn't always the decision that matters, its what you make of the result.  

Most of the smart people I know, even those who went to Harvard, are self-educated in that they pursued knowledge with an eye for learning and practical use.

You can't go to Harvard and passively become educated. You can, through many channels, become well-educated, even if you just go to a library and read extensively.

It is more tempting to play with your XboX 360, or your penis, but it's more effective to do other things.

Things that will not help you become educated:
Metallica's Black Album
At the Gate's Slaughter of the Soul
Television
Fast Food
Green Day and similar bands
Hollywood movies
Corporate jobs
Multiculturalism
Buying gadgets

November 20, 2007, 01:14:03 AM
Corporate jobs

I IZ LIKING travel opportunities and chances to be famous offered by corporate jobs ;D