ConceptProposal: Create a compilation to appeal to alienated, insightful people ages 12-42 who might find an understanding in underground metal if the seed of its ideals is explained to them.Method: CD-Rs with handwritten labels, enclosed in a paper enveloped made from 8x12 or A4 paper.Content
"Language is a virus," said the author. A virus is a fragment of a living being that uses you, the host, to pass on its message so it creates more of itself. All of the music and media that comes at you is from a society bent on justifying itself, and this increases as this society fails.
There is one genre of music that has not bent to the law of doing what is popular, profitable, and therefore part of the virus infection of a dying society. This music, underground metal, is based on the Romanticist (Blake, Wordsworth, Poe) notion that we must look at life from a perspective outside of ourselves, and see it from the perspective of science, history, philosophy and occult religion in order to understand the significance of events in our life. It alone does not endorse the infection of our time, which is the idea that we can exist in personal realities and that we are not created by events outside of ourselves.
This music may sound disturbing to you. It is meant to, as its goal is to find beauty in darkness, and so to show us the yin-yang of good and evil, death and life, that allows us to exist. It is meant to show us that a world exists outside of our neurotic, product-driven, entertainment-guided lives. It is not for those who want to go through life by appeasing others and following the course to doom. You will be stepping to the Other Side, the only honestly different viewpoint you will find in this society, and it may change your life for good or ill. Use caution.
A. Technical Metal
1. Atheist - An Incarnations Dream
2. Gorguts - something from Erosion of Sanity
3. Demilich - something from Nespithe
B. Terrifying Metal
1. Deicide - something from Legion
2. Incantation - something from Onward
3. Obituary - something from Cause of Death
C. Cosmic Metal
1. Burzum - something from ???
2. Emperor - something from ITNE
3. Gorogoth - something from Antichrist
4. Enslaved - something from Hordanes Land
5. Graveland - something from Celtic Winter
D. Bridge to Normalcy
1. Voivod - something from Dimension Hatross
2. Slayer - ???
3. Celtic Frost - Procreation of the Wicked
4. Bathory - something from Hammerheart
Inspired by Back It Up
, the thread.Possible cover image