Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Kill em' All writing credits

AttheGates1996

Kill em' All writing credits
November 23, 2007, 02:10:46 AM
I don’t know why I feel compelled to prove this point, but here it goes. To all Megadeth fans who claim that Metallica’s Kill em’ All was only a success due to Mustaine having “wrote all the material” lets analyze a bit shall we?

Hetfield wrote:
Hit the Lights
Motorbreath
Whiplash
No Remorse
and Seek and Destroy

Mustaine wrote:
The Mechanix… NOT The Four Horsemen… he just started that song.
Jump in the fire (annoying as shit)
Metal Militia (has absolutely no substance to it)

Hmmm… it seems as though Hetfield wrote the best songs of that album.

Re: Kill em' All writing credits
November 23, 2007, 02:16:17 AM
I kinda like Metal Militia,
self-improvement is for the weak.

AttheGates1996

November 23, 2007, 02:19:37 AM
I kinda like Metal Militia,

Perhaps Metal Militia, Ride the Lightning, and Call of Ktulu were the only decent songs Mustaine wrote for Metallica. But my point being, he did not write Kill em' All.

November 23, 2007, 02:48:56 AM
still, Megadeth's early material runs rings around Selloutica.

also, you don't think that Hetfield and Ulrich (the egomaniacal bastard that he is) changed the credits or took credit for songs that they didnt write? i would not be suprised.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

AttheGates1996

November 23, 2007, 03:53:14 AM
still, Megadeth's early material runs rings around Selloutica.

also, you don't think that Hetfield and Ulrich (the egomaniacal bastard that he is) changed the credits or took credit for songs that they didnt write? i would not be suprised.

If they did that then why would they give any credit to Mustaine at all. Hit the Lights is obviously the best song on the cd and that was written before Mustaine joined. And "selloutica" or not, Kill em' All through And Justice are good albums.

November 23, 2007, 11:02:56 AM

If they did that then why would they give any credit to Mustaine at all. Hit the Lights is obviously the best song on the cd and that was written before Mustaine joined. And "selloutica" or not, Kill em' All through And Justice are good albums.

I can definately agree with you, I've also always believed Metallica had a fatalist/existential approach to their music and lyrics, alhough that might be going as far as saying they're pretty intelligent, i believe that Hetfields' Christian background and doubts in his religion at the same time might have lead to this.

November 23, 2007, 11:36:31 AM
Call of Ktulu

This is what I like Mustaine for, and the instrumental parts of Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

Most of early Metallica was ripped from NWOBHM and played at Motorhead speed.

November 23, 2007, 11:38:18 AM
'Jump in the fire' is likable.

Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

November 24, 2007, 02:04:31 PM
Apparently you're not the only who thinks so.

November 27, 2007, 02:01:16 AM
In spite of the cheesy lyrics (no life till leather?), "Kill 'Em All" comes off as a decent speed metal record though I prefer Slayer's "Show No Mercy".  8)

November 27, 2007, 03:55:51 PM
In spite of the cheesy lyrics (no life till leather?), "Kill 'Em All" comes off as a decent speed metal record though I prefer Slayer's "Show No Mercy".  8)

as do i. what a good one that is. TORMENTOOOOOORRRRRR!!!!
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.