Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Facebook for metal?

Facebook for metal?
November 23, 2007, 11:24:45 AM
Is this a reliable website if one wants to spread ideologies around? I honestly see it as the result of our hedonistic society and how democracy promises that every individual benefit and obtain pleasure, without contemplating the aftermath of it all. This is how to voice your opinion in a popularity contest, but could be utilized any other way?

chrstphrbnntt

Re: Facebook for metal?
November 23, 2007, 12:35:04 PM
1. Make an addicting flash game.
2. Put it into a Facebook app.
3. Add in ANUS/extreme metal propaganda.

That's about all I can think of.

August 15, 2010, 04:58:35 PM
For all who have been waiting for this to happen - click away!

DeathMetal.Org Fan Page
DeathMetal.Org Group

Caffeine

August 15, 2010, 05:54:20 PM
1. Make an addicting flash game.
2. Put it into a Facebook app.
3. Add in ANUS/extreme metal propaganda.

That's about all I can think of.

I fuckin hate flash games....but it converts masses for some reason despite the lowly programming (if you can even call it that) involved.  I'd say it's perfect for infoterrorism!

August 15, 2010, 08:58:20 PM
Facebook is almost like a giant advertising storehouse.  If you put down any interests or activities, email or usn, you're basically screwed and will often be targeted as you continue to use the service.  If you put down "metal" as your interests, you'll see sidebar advertisements asking you to like the new Nile album or something stupid like that.  On top of that, if you do a search for your name on google or something, after you've officially "liked" doom metal, you'll find your name and status updates on a separate, special interest page for doom metal.  It makes ad targeting much easier. 

...then again, that's also an opportunity for smaller/ideologically based groups to reach people.  I'm kind of of torn on it, honestly.  After all, people mostly use facebook to contact old high school class mates (the most mastubatory thing ever) or get in touch with friends at a distance.  I'm not sure if what happened to myspace (crashing your internet browser with excessive ads and user stupidity) will happen to facebook, but they definitely have their paws all over everyone's interests....strange as that is.

Caffeine

August 15, 2010, 10:21:11 PM
Facebook is almost like a giant advertising storehouse.  If you put down any interests or activities, email or usn, you're basically screwed and will often be targeted as you continue to use the service.  If you put down "metal" as your interests, you'll see sidebar advertisements asking you to like the new Nile album or something stupid like that.  On top of that, if you do a search for your name on google or something, after you've officially "liked" doom metal, you'll find your name and status updates on a separate, special interest page for doom metal.  It makes ad targeting much easier. 

...then again, that's also an opportunity for smaller/ideologically based groups to reach people.  I'm kind of of torn on it, honestly.  After all, people mostly use facebook to contact old high school class mates (the most mastubatory thing ever) or get in touch with friends at a distance.  I'm not sure if what happened to myspace (crashing your internet browser with excessive ads and user stupidity) will happen to facebook, but they definitely have their paws all over everyone's interests....strange as that is.

Facebook has pissed off a lot of ignorant users for insecurity, and they change privacy settings often (your settings can get erased therefore sending out all of your info without your realization).  They do it on purpose of course, as you said: for advertising, or the devs are too lazy to program good security (maybe both?).  It's good to reach out for a project (like infoterror or whatever), but if you use it personally you have to secure everything and not give out info (or "like" stuff).  That's what I do, and I only made an account because my friends bug the shit of me about it.  It's the latest high school fad.....or at least I though high schoolers like myself were the only jerkoffs using it.  Then everyone began (including my own freakin parents) using it.  What happened to email and the occasional IM?  I hated myspace enough, but Facebook's ridiculous use of AJAX and Javascript is wearing me thin.....

August 16, 2010, 11:01:30 PM
[spam]It's easy to set up a social networking site at:
http://www.ning.com/ [/spam]

Beats the hell out of facebook groups. Has no ads, you're free to run your own ads. And ning is relatively known which means you can get a userbase quicker than with an unknown social network host. There used to be a fairly cool Kriegspace at ning which was mostly dedicated to industrial, gothic and martial but had some metalheads too. Unfortunately it's been deleted for some reason.

August 20, 2010, 02:09:35 PM
Nice pic.......really wish I had me one of them when I was in a band......

September 01, 2010, 04:39:20 PM
facebook is shit, sometimes it can be useful though, i made a fake profile to a dummy email address.. fuck stupid facebook, i wish it was real so i could smash it with a hammer.