Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Listen to less

Re: Listen to less
November 28, 2007, 04:49:40 AM
Bach as part of his job had to write a great deal of music, several pieces a week and by piece I don't mean a singular piece but rather somethin like a concerto, consisting of either three of four movements. Thus he had to write 6-7 independent pieces of music a week.

Do you think he only wrote music three times a week? Tchaikovsky would spend entire days for months on end working on music. Or is the process of writing music so much higher then the listening to it? Which seems absurd because music is written to be heard, not written to be written.

November 28, 2007, 06:06:08 AM
The technical term you're searching for is 'fact.'

Generally, I have to say I hate the concept of people hiding behind flawed logic (or complete lack of) under the guise of "it's my opinion therefore I don't need reasoning", so generally I would agree with your sentiments.

But in this case I think you are taking it to the other extreme. There are no opinions, I am right, therefore I don't need any reasoning.

Also I listen to music several times a day, so quiet untermensch!

November 28, 2007, 12:22:58 PM

While it's foolish of him to make such absolutist statements -- perhaps in jest, it's hard to tell whether someone's being sincere or not here -- he has a point, which you seem to miss. You should cherish silence, and avoid musical gluttony.

i understand your point, and i pretty much exaggerated when i posted my thoughts. its not enough to hear music every day, one must LISTEN to music. and i have a lot of music which i sit down and LISTEN to every day. sure i dont feel like listening to music sometimes, so i dont.

to make a serious claim such as that is an invitation for criticism, however.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 28, 2007, 01:27:35 PM
The technical term you're searching for is 'fact.'

You seem to know the facts better than us. Care to vastly develop what you call a 'fact'.
To me it is a mere assumption/opinion without solid structure nor references.
The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit.

November 28, 2007, 07:27:32 PM
I'd explain, but you're too stupid to understand.  So why waste the time?

November 29, 2007, 07:03:18 AM

You simply can't get over yourself, can you , Falco?

November 29, 2007, 07:15:17 AM
He's got to be a troll. No nihilist would have such enlarged self-consciousness and ego.

November 29, 2007, 08:51:42 AM

I contest that. You're too stupid to be able to explain.

November 29, 2007, 04:58:25 PM
Not at all.

Alsfalfdsj!

Did you get that?  I thought not.

November 29, 2007, 05:44:26 PM
And another thread goes to shit cos people take things too personally. Why can't you just chat about it openly and forget about your egos for a while.
In a state of permanent Abyss

November 29, 2007, 10:19:46 PM
I'm surprised to see it's four or five of the most respected members of this board that are squabbling here. Falconsbane is most probably just playing here.

November 29, 2007, 11:16:00 PM
But I fail to see the point in "playing". He gives us a premise and then fails to give any evidence for it and simply avoids the questions with taunts and insults.

shadowmystic

November 30, 2007, 01:13:44 AM
I think the False Profit is widely known to be a troll, people shouldn't get offended so easily.

November 30, 2007, 02:55:11 AM

There's truth to this in some cases (I don't know who you're talking to here) but then why bother responding?

Try these two words:

"It's esoteric."

If they can't google that... well, then they found out what you were saying all along, didn't they.

Everyone else will already know.

Maybe we can keep the plague of ego-drama out of this forum for a little while longer...

November 30, 2007, 02:58:04 AM
Maybe we can keep the plague of ego-drama out of this forum for a little while longer...

one would hope so.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.