Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Listen to less

Re: Listen to less
November 30, 2007, 05:32:40 PM

There's truth to this in some cases (I don't know who you're talking to here) but then why bother responding?

Try these two words:

"It's esoteric."

If they can't google that... well, then they found out what you were saying all along, didn't they.

Everyone else will already know.

Maybe we can keep the plague of ego-drama out of this forum for a little while longer...

Come now, here you are with a whole handle on your own forum dedicated exclusively to 'ego drama.'  You know the old saw, the one about the pot and the kettle?  Well, that one.

November 30, 2007, 08:04:21 PM
I think Falco is revisiting what we call an "alcohol problem."

December 01, 2007, 03:00:56 PM
Come now, here you are with a whole handle on your own forum dedicated exclusively to 'ego drama.'  You know the old saw, the one about the pot and the kettle?  Well, that one.

I think you may have misrecognized my role. I'm here to inject some ideas, and remain comfortably anonymous so people judge the ideas and not the person.

Ego drama to me means making a big deal of how right you are as a person, and how dumb everyone else is, without a goal.

"I" have a goal. Everything I do here is to achieve that goal, because I love life, and I think my species is fucking it up, so I want to correct that because then we can move on with beautiful life.

Right now everything in our modern world is ugly, failed, tedious, slavish, illogical, disgusting and heading toward collapse into a grey third world corporate state. I want to reverse this.

Anything I have, including this persona, is dedicated to that, and whoever "I" am remains anonymous, because it's totally irrelevant. What matters is the goal. Everything else is chatter.

December 01, 2007, 04:29:47 PM
Why people got a tendency (bad habit) here to judge the person and not what he says? I believe most of us got enough raw material (intelligence) to sit down and discuss in order to share our points of views without the need of insulting. In many post I disagreed with Bornforbanning, in others I agree... We cannot agree all the time, can we? But maybe by expressing our opinions we can convince others. Then we might get something out of it. It is like a brainstorming, sharing our ideas in order to reach a common goal.
The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit.

December 01, 2007, 07:51:33 PM

I think you may have misrecognized my role. I'm here to inject some ideas, and remain comfortably anonymous so people judge the ideas and not the person.

Ego drama to me means making a big deal of how right you are as a person, and how dumb everyone else is, without a goal.

"I" have a goal. Everything I do here is to achieve that goal, because I love life, and I think my species is fucking it up, so I want to correct that because then we can move on with beautiful life.

Right now everything in our modern world is ugly, failed, tedious, slavish, illogical, disgusting and heading toward collapse into a grey third world corporate state. I want to reverse this.

Anything I have, including this persona, is dedicated to that, and whoever "I" am remains anonymous, because it's totally irrelevant. What matters is the goal. Everything else is chatter.

"My IQ exceeds 120, so everyone else should die" isn't a goal, it's internet dickwaving.  You have many strong ideas, and you promote them.  You also spend a fair amount of time doing what, ultimately, amounts to little more than promoting yourself.

In other words, ego drama.

December 01, 2007, 07:52:53 PM
Why people got a tendency (bad habit) here to judge the person and not what he says? I believe most of us got enough raw material (intelligence) to sit down and discuss in order to share our points of views without the need of insulting. In many post I disagreed with Bornforbanning, in others I agree... We cannot agree all the time, can we? But maybe by expressing our opinions we can convince others. Then we might get something out of it. It is like a brainstorming, sharing our ideas in order to reach a common goal.

Because raw materials MATTER.  Stupid people produce stupid ideas - they don't produce genius anymore than a pig shits diamonds.  The quickest measure of the quality of an idea is the quality of its source.

I don't need to know if there are chemical weapons in Iraq if I already know that someone who scraped through school on the strength of daddy's name is proposing to invade it.  Even if he's 'right,' he's bound to be wrong in the long run, because such a man is incapable of having a good idea.

December 01, 2007, 08:01:54 PM
I don't need to know if there are chemical weapons in Iraq if I already know that someone who scraped through school on the strength of daddy's name is proposing to invade it.

So do you think George Bush snr is also a retard, or do you think hereditary aristocracy is flawed?

December 01, 2007, 08:04:52 PM

So do you think George Bush snr is also a retard, or do you think hereditary aristocracy is flawed?

I think a 'hereditary aristocracy' consisting of peasants who got lucky sucks.  An actual aristocracy, on the other hand, has the merit of being history's most successful form of state organization.  

December 01, 2007, 10:15:31 PM
These are great observations. Indeed I've come to a similar conclusion in the past. Now when I walk to class, I like to take the wooded paths, look around and observe nature, listen to the birds and the rustling of leaves and squirrels in action (though I do find those blasted animals annoying), and marvel at the sky.

However, the "not-listening to music to take in and appreciate the world" concept/goal does not really apply to those who live in factory and mall-laden cities. When this has been my case, I put on my headphones without hesitation and use my time to listen to a piece. Hell, often times I'll forget where I'm going, or I'll miss a stop or a turn, but that was because I was paying more attention to the music to begin with. I don't see why it should be otherwise, since in this scenario you are using your time to the fullest as opposed to making your way from one point to another through a heap of soulless bodies, obnoxious smoke, and annoying tire-screeching and honking.