Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

alien origins of scandinavian metal

Re: alien origins of scandinavian metal
December 04, 2007, 03:33:18 PM
Life probably exists elsewhere in the universe; but why is it so difficult to attribute intelligence to mere humanity? Erich von Daniken's laughable pseudo-theories are right up ATG's path.

December 04, 2007, 06:17:53 PM
That's Frederick, isn't it.

Yup, I have been reading through 'Human, All Too Human...' recently.

AttheGates1996

December 04, 2007, 06:48:28 PM
I never said your theory did. But with the possibly of multiple universes anything can become possible, so if you take one idea and validify it with one theory on multiple universes you can make anything possible. You are simply doing so to make it possible of Vikings being Aliens. So if you believe in the possibility of this you must believe in the possibility of everything.

I find flaws in this statement so I will attempt to make my theory of parallel universes more clear.

My belief in parallel universes is that associated with the M theory. It states that parallel universes are membranes that vibrate in waves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory_(simplified) ). These Universes do not exist in ours; they take up no dimension of space (or volume) in our universe. Each universe has different laws of physics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse#M-theory). And there are an infinite amount of them. These theories don’t suggest in any way that these parallel universes are similar but opposites of ours like science fiction suggests.

I didn't suggest that if multiple universes exist then anything is possible, nor did I find myself unintentionally implying it.

December 04, 2007, 08:18:32 PM
But it also does not state the number of possible universes, thus leaving the possibility that there are those with similar or the same physical laws.

AttheGates1996

December 04, 2007, 11:55:17 PM
But it also does not state the number of possible universes, thus leaving the possibility that there are those with similar or the same physical laws.

The more I thought about your statement the more complicated it became in my mind.
Of course still speaking in terms of the M theories’ explanation to parallel universes, there are an infinite number of them and the laws of physics can be different throughout each one, but the theory does not explain in what ways the physics could be different.

I began to think about all the aspects that make up our physical universe and there happens to be a lot of them, such as gravity, the specific force of gravity per mass of an object, atoms, elements, molecular structure, and if life exists then possibly DNA and cells. All these of which create an incredible amount of variations amongst them.

Perhaps the infinite parallel universes theory shows just how many variations in the laws of physics there could be.

But a lack of explanation could also prove the point of possible universes with the same laws of physics. I can see that.

December 05, 2007, 12:09:18 AM
The UFOs came down and said thus to the Scandinavians, an odd tribe of albino Africans who live in the far north.

"If you connect two distortion boxes serially,
If you adopt the style of Motorhead and Incantation,
If you make melodies like ABBA,
If you write songs like Dead Can Dance,
And growl like a Republican,
You will inherit the earth."

Then they got back in their glittery pink spacecraft and zoomed deep into the bowels of the universe, where they live on a planet shaped like a TV set where everyone pleasures each other Bonobo-style while writing C++ code to do ray-tracing.

It's true you guys.

AttheGates1996

December 05, 2007, 12:24:58 AM
Recently I have noticed something.

I've seen Christians completely shut out scientific theories in sheer stubbornness before. And I'm sure many others have too. However I've also seen the open-minded ones consider... consider is the key word.

BUT... I have NEVER in my life heard of somebody who did not immediately laugh at the theory of human alien interaction. It is like stubbornness multiplied by infinity. I do know there are some out there who actually think about it, but I'm focusing this post on the ridiculous reactions you can get from stating such a theory.

I really don't understand why these theories of human alien interaction are so ridiculously blown out of proportion by non-believers, and I'm serious about not knowing. Could it because it only takes place in the movies? or because the person is truthfully scared of such an idea? or maybe they simply want to have something to make fun of. I don't know. I hope I have proven my point but at the same time I feel like I can't even begin to explain how stupid ridiculous it is for people to laugh before even comprehending.

December 05, 2007, 02:30:38 AM
Recently I have noticed something.

I've seen Christians completely shut out scientific theories in sheer stubbornness before. And I'm sure many others have too. However I've also seen the open-minded ones consider... consider is the key word.

BUT... I have NEVER in my life heard of somebody who did not immediately laugh at the theory of human alien interaction. It is like stubbornness multiplied by infinity. I do know there are some out there who actually think about it, but I'm focusing this post on the ridiculous reactions you can get from stating such a theory.

I really don't understand why these theories of human alien interaction are so ridiculously blown out of proportion by non-believers, and I'm serious about not knowing. Could it because it only takes place in the movies? or because the person is truthfully scared of such an idea? or maybe they simply want to have something to make fun of. I don't know. I hope I have proven my point but at the same time I feel like I can't even begin to explain how stupid ridiculous it is for people to laugh before even comprehending.

I'm still hoping that you're trolling, but here it goes. This is mostly repeating what has been said already, but here's everything in one, easy to read (ok, maybe not that easy) post!

Are there any proofs of extra-terrestrial interaction with the Earth? No, there's none : hearsay from a few potentially misguided individuals does not constitute a proof in science. Those people cannot re-enact what happened to them for the whole world to see, therefore believing them without knowing if those things really happened or not is in the realm of faith. Faith has no place in science since science is based first and foremost on firsthand experience (even theoretical physic).

If it can be proven that extra-terrestrial being do indeed exist (somewhat likely), and that they have had some contact with the earth (very unlikely), this discussion would be perhaps be more valid. then, blaming Norwegian metal on an extra-terrestrial cause is pure nonsense. Why would alien choose this race instead of any other? Why Metal and not a super-powerful LASER to kill all the worthless human being in the world? There’s no answer for those questions because the premise of this problem is stupid. Norwegian metal is also not exactly that unique : there were a few other black metal scene that started around the same time, and Hellhammer was definitely not Scandinavian.

Wouldn't it be more logical to base the creation of Scandinavian Metal on the atmosphere that existed in Norway in the early 90s? When you’ve got a bunch of disillusioned teenagers full of romantic ideals that live in a society that held the oppressors (Christianity) higher than their proud but oppressed ancestors, there’s bound to be something that comes out from this situation. In that case it was Black Metal, in Quebec when the society as a whole got fed up with Catholicism, we had the "Revolution tranquille" that produced something new out of the old system. This is just a case of good old "Occam's Razor" : the simpler explanation is often the most accurate. The whole world would be much better off if everyone understood it properly.

And just stop using M-Theory/String theory to give strength to your divagations, you make way too many potentially wrong assumption to use it to explain your argument. First : M-Theory is not proven. All there is behind it is a few beautiful mathematical equations that seem to describe the world. While there might be some circumstantial evidence that will support it soon (LHC early 2008), it is highly misguided to base a theory about the creation of metal (or a theory on the possibility of extraterrestrial interaction with the earth) on the assumption that it is true. Second : if the many world hypothesis is indeed right, there's no theory right now in physic that would allow one to go from one "world" to another ( if the energy released when two brane collide is so high that it is enough to start a “big bang”, I doubt it would be possible to move from one brane to another). Therefore using M-Theory to explain that it is probable for alien to have interacted with the human society is stupid.

So you've got all this thread based on sketchy interpretations of a theory that no one here really understands (in fact, even theoretical physicists don’t understand it fully) and on a deep misunderstanding of science as a whole (Occam's razor should be the first thing everyone learns about science in school). So, are we really supposed to believe that it is probable that black metal was created by a bunch of aliens? Are we really supposed to believe it is probable that aliens have interacted with the earth because other universes could exist? This is complete and utter nonsense.

And seriously, learning about Occam's Razor and understanding it should be mandatory for everyone. It is one of the most important concept that underlies all science, and most of the universe.

AttheGates1996

December 05, 2007, 03:25:08 AM
Are there any proofs of extra-terrestrial interaction with the Earth? No, there's none : hearsay from a few potentially misguided individuals does not constitute a proof in science. Those people cannot re-enact what happened to them for the whole world to see, therefore believing them without knowing if those things really happened or not is in the realm of faith. Faith has no place in science since science is based first and foremost on firsthand experience (even theoretical physic).

I understand this.

First off what you quoted of me is longer attempting to prove anything, it was aimed at the fact that people immediately shut out human alien interaction as a possibility of the past. I know it’s highly unlikely but I also find it highly unlikely that an all supreme God would at first wipe corruption off the earth with a massive genocide of a flood then later get rid of the corruption by having his son tortured. I know it’s all based on faith, but if you say on this site “I believe that in the past Siddhartha was truly enlightened under the Bodhi Tree” then no one is going to immediately make fun of you because it is a commonly accepted religion, whereas in reality Buddhism and human alien interaction are both just faiths.  

So that being said, I wasn’t trying to prove anything with the last post, except for the fact that people will laugh at anyone who believes in the possibility of interaction amongst humans and extraterrestrials.

December 05, 2007, 04:25:15 AM
So, pray tell, what does any of this have to do with life?

It's the equivalent of a polar bear worrying about the existence of elephants in Africa. Even if the polar bear proved that such a thing existed, how would it change its life?

AttheGates1996

December 05, 2007, 04:30:56 AM
So, pray tell, what does any of this have to do with life?

It's the equivalent of a polar bear worrying about the existence of elephants in Africa. Even if the polar bear proved that such a thing existed, how would it change its life?

Once again, my last few posts had nothing to do with proving anything. Obviously, the debate section of this thread is well over.

I suppose the only way for it to affect our life is if aliens had interacted with us in the past. Once again, all faith. Even if I have been the center of accusations here I still don't know if I personally believe such a thing.

December 05, 2007, 05:14:33 AM
I'm not talking to you or anyone in particular, let alone "your last few posts."

I am wondering if there is any point to such a conversation, that is all.

What can we learn from it, if anything? What have we learned from it? Will we forget about it by next week? Those sorts of questions need to be answered for the experience to be purposeful.

December 05, 2007, 05:03:31 PM
If aliens ever interacted with humans at some point then how comes most races around the world share the same way of doing things? Same artistic sense?
I don't see any race much more different to others here, do you Atthegates? Music, science, religions and art, evolved as part of human needs. Not because there was some alien interaction. No one is saying there isn't a possibility. We are merely stating the possibilities are low.

AttheGates1996

December 05, 2007, 05:37:06 PM
If aliens ever interacted with humans at some point then how comes most races around the world share the same way of doing things? Same artistic sense?
I don't see any race much more different to others here, do you Atthegates? Music, science, religions and art, evolved as part of human needs. Not because there was some alien interaction. No one is saying there isn't a possibility. We are merely stating the possibilities are low.

Actually there is quite a bit of variation amongst different people of different regions. But you're right in the fact that we're all ultimately the same, but what if that's because we all came from aliens? Saying we're all the same doesn't prove that there was no human alien interaction. It simply proves we all have the same origin, which remains a mystery.

Another theory I've heard of consists of the primates today being of the most evolved species that is NATIVE to our planet and us having come from elsewhere, or having been placed here.

Will we forget about it by next week?

Most likely, as I stated before people of this site conclude and “solve” any discussions and dismiss them as having been pointless. It’s up to the individual as to whether not this is important. Even in the low probability that aliens have been a part of our history, it seems quite important. According to Christians then it would be just as important as believing in God.

All right, I’ll throw another one out there…. Here it goes… portals to parallel universes. Some believe UFO sightings, Bigfoot sightings and even Chupacabra related events have taken place somewhere near a portal between another parallel universe. Once again, highly unlikely, but what if this is merely something that has never been studied but still true? We surely wouldn’t know, or even expect that to be true now, but it could be an incredible scientific discovery only waiting to be uncovered in our distant future. People also associate human disappearances with this theory. And one location that particularly sticks out is the Bermuda Triangle.

December 05, 2007, 06:20:41 PM
You haven't answered my question at all.

So are there any reasons why we shouldn't forget this conversation?