Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Why are metalheads fucking useless

Why are metalheads fucking useless
December 05, 2007, 03:30:54 PM
Metal is part rock and part something else. The rock part contains the idea of it being like rock, fans are those who determine what succeeds, bands are those who are adored but they are slaves to fans.

As long as that mentality exists, metalheads will be selfish. They will call it individualistic but I fail to see what is individualistic about trying to be different for differents sake. We call that posing.

This is why there are always a few embittered metalheads who call the rest of you posers and don't participate in your "How obscure is your latest purchase?" haul threads.

Fuck you.

Re: Why are metalheads fucking useless
December 05, 2007, 06:23:02 PM
Are you looking for a pat on the back or something?

December 05, 2007, 09:40:50 PM
Are you looking for a pat on the back or something?

Is that hipster shit necessary?

I knew a hipster once who was in charge of nuclear weapons. In an alternate universe. A very blackened, glowing one.

December 05, 2007, 10:00:07 PM
not all metalheads are useless, although i can understand where your anger comes from.

when metal is done right there is no hint of rock music/mentality.

and lastly, do we have to get into the "poser" argument here? there are different ways of explaining things without having to go in that direction.

December 06, 2007, 12:33:47 AM
Metal is part rock and part something else. The rock part contains the idea of it being like rock, fans are those who determine what succeeds, bands are those who are adored but they are slaves to fans.

As long as that mentality exists, metalheads will be selfish. They will call it individualistic but I fail to see what is individualistic about trying to be different for differents sake. We call that posing.

This is why there are always a few embittered metalheads who call the rest of you posers and don't participate in your "How obscure is your latest purchase?" haul threads.

Fuck you.

So, M. Anti-Hipster, what album did you last buy?

December 06, 2007, 12:42:49 AM

December 06, 2007, 03:26:37 AM

Fuck you.

It sounds like you have spent too much time on forums like those found at www.metal-archives.com and www.blackmetal.co.uk...or what the Chasm has partially become here. Yes, there are a few worthwhile threads here but that is gradually decreasing.

Not surprisingly, there is a thread at www.blackmetal.co.uk called "Recent purchaces". There are 9894 posts and 660 pages.  ::)

You definitely have a valid point, although most people here know this already so why be redundant? Posts in this vein would get a more "lively" reception in those other overpopulated forums, if that is what you want.

December 06, 2007, 03:36:39 AM

Is that hipster shit necessary?

I knew a hipster once who was in charge of nuclear weapons. In an alternate universe. A very blackened, glowing one.

Hipster shit?

Cut the rubbish.

The first post was whiney, self-congratulatory in tone and completely unnecessary.

Much like the rest of the original poster's history. He sounds like a bitter kid. Do we really need more of this around here?

December 06, 2007, 08:04:06 PM
The first post was whiney, self-congratulatory in tone and completely unnecessary.

No, it's not. It's a statement of reality.

If you can't accept that, maybe your life is unexamined.

I don't see metalheads doing great things. I see them failing for the same reasons. Why are you opposed to taking note of this?

December 06, 2007, 10:07:48 PM

I don't see metalheads doing great things. I see them failing for the same reasons. Why are you opposed to taking note of this?

I don't see myself as a 'metalhead' because it is true that this status, like any status eventually do, got corrupted. My guess is that most members here do not consider themselves as 'metalheads' either, but rather as nihilists, free thinkers or, even better, as nothing.

Be careful with words, we should not rely too much on words and other mental materiality.

December 06, 2007, 10:58:14 PM
I don't know what you fags are talking about, but I just beat the Nazis on World of Warcraft and I'm on this blog that's going to solve cancer with civil rights. Yep, I am one hip cat, that's true.

December 07, 2007, 03:46:23 AM

I didn't say that it wasn't a statement of reality, did I?

I don't see you doing great things either.

I see you wasting your time posting the same mundane, cocksure rhetoric all over the forum. It's pointless and serves no purpose.

WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW THAT METALHEADS FAIL.

Do I make myself clear?

Go do something constructive. Repeating the same bullshit (even if it is true, minus the hyperbole) is just ego-drama (like this post lol).

December 07, 2007, 03:47:14 AM
I don't know what you fags are talking about, but I just beat the Nazis on World of Warcraft and I'm on this blog that's going to solve cancer with civil rights. Yep, I am one hip cat, that's true.

And you.

Get a better sense of humour.

This one is too manufactured.

Cheers.

December 08, 2007, 12:56:36 PM
of course you bums are useless. you argue argue and argue like the rest of the damn human population.

Of course. Arguing is more important than action. If we don't argue, we do not feel alive, and we can't act anyway.

What is so useful, I have to ask you, about things that are useful, as opposed to argument? They change the world, but do they make you a kinder man, a gentler man, a greater king among kings? If anything, they reduce the amount of irony in your language and soon, you are emo.