Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Cryptic Slaughter

Cryptic Slaughter
October 17, 2004, 10:11:03 AM
"Convicted" and "Money Talks" in full MP3:

http://www.vacarme.net/nightman/musique/artistespreferes/crypticslaughter/

This thrash band were one of the founders of the genre, taking punk riffs and putting them in metal songs that were fast, short, abrupt and violent. "Convicted" in parts sounds like a death metal album. These were recently released by Relapse records, but are now seemingly hard to find, so it is excellent that someone has put them online in this format.

If you haven't heard this band, remember that this is an ancestor of most of today's grindcore and death metal.

Re: Cryptic Slaughter
October 18, 2004, 12:51:36 AM
I liked the music but the lyrics...

I know it was the trend in the '80s for hardcore and some thrash band to have leftist lyrics but anyways...

October 19, 2004, 03:01:14 AM
the first time i listened to cryptic slaughter (it was a low quality sample from the anus review site) i was frightened; now i love them. a must know indeed.

LEGION

April 22, 2006, 03:58:29 AM
I saw Cryptic Slaughter back in '87 opening for our favorite local "crossover" band called "The Accused" here in Seattle.  They were a very intense "live" act, to say the very least!  The Dehumanizers opened the show, of course the entire band had to play naked onstage. ::)

LEGION

April 22, 2006, 11:09:29 AM
Blink 182, Green "Gay"...bands like that are pure shit, just "bubble-gum" punk with no originality.

Although, even the so-called "punk-pioneers" The Sex Pistols, were nothing more than a "boy-band" by today's standards!

LEGION

April 22, 2006, 11:13:48 AM
I liked the music but the lyrics...

I know it was the trend in the '80s for hardcore and some thrash band to have leftist lyrics but anyways...

So you're saying you're a rightwing conservative when it comes to hardcore lyrics?  Most ideas about the good 'ol hardcore days were simply about protesting the system, especially during those "Reaganomic" years.  Personally, I have always questioned authority...as Raw Power once said in their music..."Fuck Authority!"

April 23, 2006, 10:56:12 PM
i dont know, blink 182's second death metal album is definetly a must listen to

April 24, 2006, 03:37:14 AM
I like Cryptic Slaughter's drummer.  ::)