Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The whole life

The whole life
December 13, 2007, 02:30:04 AM
OK, so metal = romanticism, which means an esoteric vision of life and living as Blake, Milton, Wordsworth, Keats, and Brahms did infested with a bit of post-post-modernism like Linkola and Kaczinsky. OK so far.

How do I live this way? Modern society seems to control everything around me.

I've thought of it in terms of these general silos:

1. Self. I need a job that isn't hell, with enough money to live and raise a family if I want to, and stay out of the ghetto or jail.

2. Society. I need a way to make change so that I don't feel helpless.

3. Separatism. I need a way to gather others who think this way, nurture them, and bring them together to start up a community in the wilds and in the meantime support each other.

4. Art. Not everyone is an artist, as the last ten years of black metal proved. That means that even if I teach myself to be a killer shredder on the mean six strings, I might never make great music, only technically great music. But I need some outlet here.

5. Spirituality. I am happiest when I'm not thinking of myself. Honest spirituality seems to me to be a pagan practice which celebrates process and not material or fixed ideas. I think this means celebrating with others from my local community, and if I'm in the wrong community, to start another way.

6. In the meantime, do no harm to the important things. I recycle, but more importantly, I don't use much. I reject things I don't need. I don't participate in stupid wasteful activities. I have no illusions that others will do the same.

This looks like a good complete list, although the details need some fleshing out.

It doesn't look that hard to accomplish. Especially if a few people bond together and use each other's labor to achieve the same goals.

Re: The whole life
December 15, 2007, 12:47:28 AM
OK, so metal = romanticism, which means an esoteric vision of life and living as Blake, Milton, Wordsworth, Keats, and Brahms did infested with a bit of post-post-modernism like Linkola and Kaczinsky. OK so far.

How do I live this way? Modern society seems to control everything around me.

I've thought of it in terms of these general silos:

1. Self. I need a job that isn't hell, with enough money to live and raise a family if I want to, and stay out of the ghetto or jail.

2. Society. I need a way to make change so that I don't feel helpless.

4. Art. Not everyone is an artist, as the last ten years of black metal proved. That means that even if I teach myself to be a killer shredder on the mean six strings, I might never make great music, only technically great music. But I need some outlet here.

5. Spirituality. I am happiest when I'm not thinking of myself. Honest spirituality seems to me to be a pagan practice which celebrates process and not material or fixed ideas. I think this means celebrating with others from my local community, and if I'm in the wrong community, to start another way.

How to satisfy these stipulations: work part-time (25-30 hrs/wk), and dedicate the remainder of the balance to volunteer/character-building activities. Contrary to popular belief, whatever you are going to accomplish within your field of expertise will mean absolutely nothing in the long-term. Those who are able to value their free time and utilize tit effectively will be the ones who are actually going to get shit done within their lifetimes. Upon graduating from college, I plan on becoming a tutor instead of entering the full-time workforce. Jobs such as the one linked above offer competitive wages, ranging from $15-25/hr, which should enable one to live minimalistically. Live with a few good friends, and if there's enough trust to pool investments, I'd recommend doing that. In a capitalist framework, healthy alliances are the way to build a movement. When there is a physical center where organization can happen, support of higher Art can be used as a springboard for introducing our platform.

I can't harp on this enough: once a sufficient number of local Hessian-oriented communities are established, an international population can come into existence, wherein the potential to share experiences and offer temporary housing while larger groups convene over the course of holiday sessions. Spirituality is about embracing the whole of existence; our means to an end, then is to disassemble multicultural society from within. This requires strength in numbers and an exploitation of the opportunities embedded within the current paradigm. Christianity spread the same way: it continued with the Peripatetic tradition par excellence (something even Nietzsche couldn't deny), insofar as individuals traveled across the world, following trade routes, and spreading new ideas. Many people are afraid to enter awkward situations. I implore you: beg to differ!

A footnote: I would also recommend putting off family planning until much later in life. It is better to build enough capital to ensure that you'll be able to provide for your family without worries. Plus, the added experience will benefit one when it comes to mate selection and child-rearing. Also, your more effective as a vector for social change when you're not tied down with basic responsibilities (not to sound like an anti-family liberal here, but I prefer to ensure a suitable environment for my kin before I go about bringing them into a godforsaken existence).

December 19, 2007, 03:15:29 AM
I can't harp on this enough: once a sufficient number of local Hessian-oriented communities are established, an international population can come into existence, wherein the potential to share experiences and offer temporary housing while larger groups convene over the course of holiday sessions.

That's the truth.

I think most people don't want to accept this because they're selfish and afraid they'll fuck it up.

December 19, 2007, 01:07:46 PM
I think most people don't want to accept this because they're selfish and afraid they'll fuck it up.

I reckon they would fuck it up. I wouldn't be too keen of forming alliances with your average Neanderthaline metalhead either.

December 21, 2007, 04:12:09 PM

I reckon they would fuck it up. I wouldn't be too keen of forming alliances with your average Neanderthaline metalhead either.

We can use them as slaves.  After all, someone will have to clean the bathrooms...

December 21, 2007, 07:44:00 PM
We can use them as slaves.  After all, someone will have to clean the bathrooms...

You have two choices...

Clean your own bathroom and have free time, or

Have someone clean your bathroom, and have no time, because your society is too big and filled with morons that need every detail filled out

chrstphrbnntt

December 24, 2007, 04:37:04 AM

Or process their corpses into some sort of "idiot-chow" for the livestock. Keep in mind that our oceans are being overfished to make feed for farm animals.

December 24, 2007, 03:51:27 PM
I wouldn't be too keen of forming alliances with your average Neanderthaline metalhead either.

If "elitist" isn't still an ugly word, I think it should be that. Ignore all dummies and people with deep psychological problems. Neanderthals were smarter than most of these clowns.