Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

OIL: Fossil fuel or abiotic?

OIL: Fossil fuel or abiotic?
December 07, 2007, 01:13:31 AM
The more I read the more interesting this argument gets:

One side says oil is abiotic.

The other, of course, stands by the "tried and true" theory of it being a fossil fuel.

Either way, oil has caused much grief to us all.

Re: OIL: Fossil fuel or abiotic?
December 07, 2007, 02:09:17 AM
Yeah, whether or not it's a fossil fuel doesn't change that it's a limited resource.

December 07, 2007, 02:38:44 AM
Yeah, whether or not it's a fossil fuel doesn't change that it's a limited resource.

The point is that people that argue the validity of abiotic theory claim that it means oil is not limited.

I have not found a source of any validity supporting the claim to abiotic origins.  Most are circular references to sites such as this.

Some discussion here already.

December 08, 2007, 12:24:02 AM
I researched the theory some. It appears to be democratic lies and probably is. The evidence should  still be analyzed though.

December 08, 2007, 01:01:23 AM
It appears to be democratic lies and probably is.

An amusing image link often emblazoned on the sites in support of this "theory":

Means nothing per se, but the iconography is hilarious.

December 09, 2007, 11:22:20 PM
my apologies for overlooking a vital point

December 10, 2007, 09:43:38 PM
the thing that intrigued me is that i could see how the abiotic theory could be propoganda for either side.
if oil was not a limited resource, companies could want us to think it was because it would make it easier to raise the price. if it was unlimited, it would be more difficult to justify a constant gas price hike.

BUT, i'm not trying to say i support either one, because the whole thing is a sham. it's a god awful money/greed trip that goes beyond the theories presented.