Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Where will ANUS/Corrupt be in 20 years' time?

Dunkelheit

Re: Where will ANUS/Corrupt be in 20 years' time?
December 22, 2007, 07:18:33 PM
I've actually thought of being a park ranger. Sure the pay is shit but it seems like the type of job that one would find much joy in, and puts one in a position to preserve culture and nature. Right now I'm working on my Bachelor's in Anthropology and that's one of the suggested degrees for becoming a park ranger. I'd like to do some work in archaeology, though. I think being a park ranger could be something I pursue later in life, or between graduation and grad school.

Another thing to remember is the non-profit sector. I'm sure the majority of such organizations aren't doing much but there has to be some good solid ones tackling real problems straight on.

An interesting side-effect of doing these sorts of work is the great likelihood of networking with others who pose great promise of ideological harmony. These people may not only agree with the social commentary of ANUS/Corrupt, but also have first hand experience dealing with this issues and are in positions to create at least a small bit of change.

December 22, 2007, 08:28:16 PM
I've actually thought of being a park ranger. Sure the pay is shit but it seems like the type of job that one would find much joy in, and puts one in a position to preserve culture and nature.

The pay is actually quite competitive, plus the stability of government employment and the benefits that also implies.

December 22, 2007, 10:51:14 PM
I thought about the park ranger idea for a while too. I was enrolled in a natural resources program at a vocational school that would make me a shoo-in for any college course that would eventually lead to that career path.

But the idea of being law enforcement is what lost me. A cop is a cop, no matter what uniform.

chrstphrbnntt

December 23, 2007, 06:24:37 PM
But the idea of being law enforcement is what lost me. A cop is a cop, no matter what uniform.

::)

I couldn't think of a pettier reason not to do something. What is so horrible about enforcing good laws, i.e. preventing damage to the environment?

December 25, 2007, 12:11:11 PM
A cop is a cop, no matter what uniform.

If the laws don't suck, and the cop is smart, what's the problem?

December 27, 2007, 12:14:14 AM
Paul Ledney for President - 2020

"Vomito en el hijo de Dios!"

I wonder where ANUS and CORRUPT will be.

Our audience, despite all the promise of their intelligence, are self-defeating almost to a man.

They look at the world, panic, and retreat. Therefore, they continually are subject to its whims and they get more and more bitter until they snap and become yuppies.

A few resist the lure to become inauthentic, but they mainly resist by doing something about the issue: making a sane life for themselves, becoming involved in practical (not emotional) activism, and bringing together others of like-minded potential.

The rest are just burnouts in training like the rest of metal. Being marginally smarter and also ineffectual doesn't get you any points.

priest
Is that a joke?

I wonder where ANUS and CORRUPT will be.

Our audience, despite all the promise of their intelligence, are self-defeating almost to a man.

They look at the world, panic, and retreat. Therefore, they continually are subject to its whims and they get more and more bitter until they snap and become yuppies.

A few resist the lure to become inauthentic, but they mainly resist by doing something about the issue: making a sane life for themselves, becoming involved in practical (not emotional) activism, and bringing together others of like-minded potential.

The rest are just burnouts in training like the rest of metal. Being marginally smarter and also ineffectual doesn't get you any points.
I think the problem is you need to be more open on your positions. Come right out and say what you want seen. Bulleted points are more effective than paragraphs. Use the paragraphs to explain, let the bullets state.

I'm sure I disagree with a good amount of positions of this site. I believe in helping the environment (nature, not greenism) but I don't think in this current stage we can do anything. I believe in the free will of people, yet if anything is to be done, society needs put back on track, which would require some sort of totalitarian system of government first. I believe that culture is important to any group, or they will become generic human beings.
I don't know what this site means when it refers to the "smart" vs the "morons", I'm not good at math by a long shot, but I can see how people act irrational and self destructive. I'm overweight, but for what I do it doesn't effect me too much.

I'm at odds with many people positions on this site, but I think we can all agree that something needs done with society, we need to raise it up before our civilization fails. We need to be better than the rest of society, to be superior in spirit and ideology.

Organization is not just an intellectual task that must be carried because is logical; it's also human unity under a vital emotion, and a deep sense of brotherhood.  No triumph is possible without these both spheres. Very often, logic gets linear around here, forgetting Will.

I think that the feeling of this place (do you feel it?) is created by a conjuction of low self esteems that wish to prove them high. Really, there's nothing to prove: we're honestly concerned about our enviroment and our people, what else do we need to make a commitment?

I'm pretty sure that most of you are honourable people. I love honourable people.

Internet, black metal: intelligent outsiders (1996)

Internet, black metal: disillusioned underarchivers (2009)

Since 1997, the internet has been TV for most people. Got little money? Pay one monthly fee and you can rampage around and sound important to yourself all you want.

ANUS' most extreme critics are that way.

So are some of the people here, but I think those are a minority. Most are trying to lead good lives and put these ideas into play. They are generally assaulted with neurosis from all angles, especially work and family, and so often are too inert to use the 4-8 hours of spare time they have a week toward a good end.

But the more they read, the less likely they are to remain neurotic.

I think most metalheads in general have low self esteem; that is why they became metalheads. All you have to do is wear band shirts and you're automatically accepted into the group. This site threatens their farce and that's why opposition to this site is so extreme. Members of this site are tired of these posers, so members of this site are not of the low self-esteem camp. However, people do the same thing on this forum; they agree with anything espoused by the ANUS blindly to be part of the community.

What I think the biggest problem with members of the site is misanthropy. If nobody's hearing your ideas, how are you making a difference. People aren't always as bad as they seem. I've found that a lot of people support many of the views of the ANUS, but will never admit it to anyone. When you speak of your ideals openly, they are more willing to share, and you have formed an ally. Interestingly, I've found more women share our ideals; but image is very important to women which is why they're less likely to ever admit they believe in any of this. 

I think in twenty years this site will become obsolete because more and more like minded organizations are sprouting up everywhere as people are beginning to wake up to reality as society is coming so close to failure. Even politicians are beginning to support some of ANUS's ideals. For now, though, the ANUS must remain active and get in to the public eye. Our openness of our beliefs must inspire others. The only way I can see the ANUS surviving is if it expands past the internet.

What I think the biggest problem with members of the site is misanthropy. If nobody's hearing your ideas, how are you making a difference. People aren't always as bad as they seem. I've found that a lot of people support many of the views of the ANUS, but will never admit it to anyone. When you speak of your ideals openly, they are more willing to share, and you have formed an ally. Interestingly, I've found more women share our ideals; but image is very important to women which is why they're less likely to ever admit they believe in any of this. 

People here are sharing their ideals openly. The problem is that people are socially afraid of accepting them. Then the secondary problem is helpful idiots showing up with ideas on how to "make ANUS prosper" that amount to dumbing down and embracing some idiotic mainstream ideology like "freedom" or "justice."

Enough said.

2012 and other mystical leanings: I doubt these mean much.

History repeats itself, nature is logical, and what's going to happen to humanity is the same thing that happens to any crumbling empire... a slow descent into disorganization, entropy, will-less mediocre endurance...

People like to talk about the apocalypse because it lets them off the hook. "Oh well, everything's fucked anyway! Back to being a goof off who pleases himself at the expense of our future!"

There's going to be a need for people to keep culture alive, so that when all these idiots wipe themselves out -- and they will, because they have no conception of reality -- a remnant of the smart can survive and build a new civilization without the problems of the old.