Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Diamond Darrel

Re: Diamond Darrel
December 09, 2007, 11:51:03 PM
Kontinual, was Anselmo in Necrophagia before they turned to dogshit?

December 10, 2007, 12:24:59 AM
Not sure where you place that date, but he basically fomented the reunion, so no.

December 10, 2007, 01:49:25 AM
Run your mouth when I'm not around
it's easy to achieve,
you cry to weak friends that sympathize
can you hear the violins playing your song?
those same friends tell me your every word?
is there no standard anymore

what it takes, who I am, where I've been, belong
you can't be something you're not,
be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me
a lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time
respect, walk, what do you say?

(Phil Anselmo, "Walk" from Vulgar Display of Power)

December 10, 2007, 02:09:51 AM

Remember NECROPHAGIA?  CHRIST INVERSION?  The abortive EIBON?

I forgot VIKING CROWN.

December 10, 2007, 03:35:58 AM
The reunion itself would have to be, I'm guessing, when they turned to shit, but the only post reunion album I've gotten my hands on is The Divine Art of Torture... it's the best coffee coaster anyone has ever donated me.

December 10, 2007, 09:16:15 PM
Run your mouth when I'm not around
it's easy to achieve,
you cry to weak friends that sympathize
can you hear the violins playing your song?
those same friends tell me your every word?
is there no standard anymore

what it takes, who I am, where I've been, belong
you can't be something you're not,
be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me
a lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time
respect, walk, what do you say?

(Phil Anselmo, "Walk" from Vulgar Display of Power)

I fucked your girlfriend last night.
While you snored and drooled, I fucked your love.
She called me Daddy. And I called her baby when I
Smacked her ass. I called her sugar when I ate
Her alive till daylight. And I slept with her all
Over me, from forehead to ribcage I dripped her ass.
Sometimes I thought you might be spying, living out some
Brash fantasy, but no. You were knocked out. But we were
All knocked out you know. In a way

(Phil Anselmo, "Good Friends & A Bottle Of Pills")

Truly, fuck the world,
for all it's worth,
every inch of planet Earth,
fuck myself,
don't leave me out,
but don't get involved,
don't corner me

(Phil Anselmo, "War Nerve")

Anselmo in all his genius.

But seriously, I think this is just another useless "ad hominem" thread

December 10, 2007, 09:32:02 PM
Kontinual, I am very well aware of all the mentioned Anselmo related projects...can't believe I actually admitted it. :P

At one time I actually enjoyed the Necrophagia stuff, but it grows tiresome after repeated listens. From what I heard, the Eibon project was most disappointing. Then again, most all the others were too.

Resurrected

December 18, 2007, 06:36:02 PM
Thank God Diamond Darrel is dead. The devastation he caused metal completely outweighed the importance of his life. His life was hardly a worthy sacrifice for the freedom from the cancer he placed in the metal community.

December 18, 2007, 08:18:15 PM
Thank God Diamond Darrel is dead. The devastation he caused metal completely outweighed the importance of his life. His life was hardly a worthy sacrifice for the freedom from the cancer he placed in the metal community.

On the other hand, dying is generally a surefire way to gain martyrdom in the metal community nowadays. Even if the cause of death was AIDS.

December 18, 2007, 08:41:00 PM
Anselmo i consider to be intellectual at some points, at least he has his own interpretation of the "herd".

Buy it at a store,
from MTV to on the floor
You look just like a star,
it's proof you don't know who you are

If I hit bottom and everythings gone
In the great Mississippi, please drown me and run

It's bullshit time again,
you'll save the world within your trend

Those with the heart and the brain to get past this
Can spot a pathetic without even asking

Politically relieved,
you're product sold and well received
The right words spoken gold,
if I was God you'd sell your soul to...

The Great Southern Trendkill

Every fucking year it stays the same
Everybody changes to suit the day
Out of pride I’ll isolate my fears
Never turned our backs on why we’re here
We’ll grind that axe for a long time

Follow close, train of fools
Just like them, just like you
- Their eyes don’t seem right.
‘Easily impressed’ plague, dressed up fake
No respect

(Chorus)
Every fucking year remains the same
Everybody sucks-up to suit the day
Out of hate I’ll isolate myself
Through the worst we still marched into hell
We’ll grind that axe for a long time (x4)
The smell in the air is chicken shit.

We’ll grind that axe for a long time (x2)
We'll grind that axe
We'll grind that axe for a long time

(Chorus)
Every fucking song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof
We’ll grind that axe for a long time

We'll Grine That Axe For A Long Time

Not a genius or innovator as many consider him to be, but surprinsingly he's alot more intelligent than the majority of morons within the genre. However the most useful sentence he said was "Religion is old, for drawing the young".

December 18, 2007, 11:22:09 PM
No

December 19, 2007, 01:39:52 AM
Senseless

December 19, 2007, 02:02:42 AM
Darrel will always be remembered for contributing to the gayest moment of heavy metal ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKYUmUlRCew&feature=PlayList&p=19C01A9309780747&index=1

December 19, 2007, 02:06:06 AM
I witnessed first hand the fact that Anselmo has awareness of the heart of underground metal. I went to a concert many years ago with a few friends, the bill being Danzig, Superjoint Ritual, Pink Frothy AIDS, Nile, and Behemoth, with Nile being the highlight putting on a very solid performance while the other bands were plagued with assorted issues. I remember very clearly Anselmo ranting and raving during the Superjoint set about trying to bring back old hardcore and old black metal and the underground spirit. My memory is hazy about his particulars, but I believe he mentioned by name bands like Mayhem and Darkthrone. Of course, he was clearly on some kind of substance and halfway to being entirely incoherent, and his rant was phrased in terms of him and his efforts to play real old hardcore with Superjoint. The situation you described was on full display.

I think there was something profound in seeing so clearly the heart of why so many bands, even bands with underground metal and classic metal sensibilities, fail to produce that which they are striving for. They think they will produce music just like the old classics and that therefore it will be classic, thus saving the genre, but of course that isn't what matters at all, as we on these forums read all the time. In spite of their aims, the reality of the situation is their production of an ego-driven imitation. The savior complex is dangerous.

Not surprisingly, Anselmo mentions the two most popular Black Metal bands in existence: Mayhem and Darkthrone.

I think what happens with most who attain a certain amount of fame and wealth, is that they realize that the majority of their journey was one of selling out for popularity, and all that comes with it. Once they realize how boring and vapid that destination is, they try to, "get back to the roots".

Except for Anselmo, he and his band were never an important band in the making of the underground metal genres. He is abandoning his Power Metal past in exchange for Black/Death Metal one. So in other words, the guy is a charlatan and fake. He has no roots in the underground metal movement. And now that the guy has the money to like whoever he wants, outside of hurting his image and pockets (because at this point, who cares? The money is safe in his bank account), he has the freedom to hype the more controversial bands, and in the process, gets to ride their coattails for scene points.

If there was a vomit smiley available, I'd probably add it:  Anselmo = (here)

December 19, 2007, 02:23:38 AM
I wonder what's up with all this ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? bashing, IMHO it's the black and death metal bands who are truly gay, why? Because there's no woman who would watch the shows of those retards. So who are they gonna fuck backstage after their mini concerts huh?