Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Negura Bunget

chb

Negura Bunget
December 08, 2007, 11:40:04 AM
I recently discovered " 'N Crugu Bradului " and " Om " and thought that they were pretty good. I especially like how they play melodies in different scales at the same time to create moments that are both beautiful and unsettling. They sometimes lose focus, but all in all, this is one of the better newer black metal bands I've heard.

Still, I've only discovered them quite recently so I don't know if they will stand the test of time. Maybe I'll change my mind over time and one year from now, I'll think they suck.

What are your opinions on this band?

Re: Negura Bunget
December 16, 2007, 05:53:28 AM
When I first started listening to this act I was also quite enamored with them.  The very natural feel to the music, despite all the progressive leanings, captured me.  However, now that time has passed, while I still enjoy the music, I simply have no desire to listen to them.
"Love thy neighbour" is a fucking joke, for few are worthy of my love.

December 16, 2007, 07:46:28 PM
too much prog on last album, but still very good.

December 17, 2007, 12:40:20 AM
I enjoyed "Om" for what it was worth, although I've only really listened to it twice before forgetting about it. I did not like that 4-track album they released, though. It seemed too pretentious and repetitious.

December 17, 2007, 08:04:16 AM
I enjoyed "Om" for what it was worth, although I've only really listened to it twice before forgetting about it. I did not like that 4-track album they released, though. It seemed too pretentious and repetitious.

I thought that 4-track was the best they have done. The newest one was too drawn out, and their previous ones had some good parts which the band was unable to work properly into songs.

December 17, 2007, 11:30:07 AM

I thought that 4-track was the best they have done. The newest one was too drawn out, and their previous ones had some good parts which the band was unable to work properly into songs.

I don't think it was really all too great, 'n Crugu Bradului. Their earlier albums were better than it. I just think that a lot of bands seem to be jumping on this trend to make 10+ minute long songs when they don't even have enough content to build them with. The thing I liked about Om was that it had a sort of atmosphere that I might relate to Drudkh, from what I remember.

December 17, 2007, 10:15:45 PM
I don't think it was really all too great, 'n Crugu Bradului. Their earlier albums were better than it. I just think that a lot of bands seem to be jumping on this trend to make 10+ minute long songs when they don't even have enough content to build them with. The thing I liked about Om was that it had a sort of atmosphere that I might relate to Drudkh, from what I remember.

Oh, I wasn't talking about 'n Crugu Bradului. I meant the mini CD they did before they released OM, which contained, in my opinion, the early versions of the only two good tracks on OM, plus two ambient tracks.

January 24, 2008, 03:36:23 AM
There were a few songs on their most recent album that appealed to me, but it seemed that when they wanted the music to sound violent they decided to switch into metalcore bullshit mode rather than going the distance to create the mood.

Regardless, I enjoyed the songs Hora Soarelui and Cerasul de Lumini.

January 24, 2008, 11:51:52 AM
pretty good

I've seen the world, I have direction to my life, I no longer have time for "pretty good."

chb

January 24, 2008, 12:28:38 PM
Well, I never felt that the time I spent listening to them was wasted. There's something special about their music I couldn't find elsewhere and when they're at their best, they manage to create that "transcendental" feeling all good metal bands strive to express.