Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Merry Christmas

Divus_de_Mortuus

Re: Merry Christmas
December 25, 2007, 07:46:41 PM
I hate that "happy holidays" crusade by whiney liberal atheist fruitcakes as much as the "Christ back in Christmas" crusade by the conservative evangelical talk-radio listening drones.

We gave presents, saw family, and spoiled the kids. My five year old stepson got some transformers and things he doesn't need, but he also got learning games, sports equipment and other things he does. Our infant daughter got tons of clothes and bright soft toys for her to chew on and play with. I think a middle ground can be found between blind consumerism and gift buying.

And I was amazingly surprised that last night every single Wal-Mart and McDonalds in town was actually closed.

December 26, 2007, 01:12:05 AM
I hate that "happy holidays" crusade by whiney liberal atheist fruitcakes as much as the "Christ back in Christmas" crusade by the conservative evangelical talk-radio listening drones.

We gave presents, saw family, and spoiled the kids. My five year old stepson got some transformers and things he doesn't need, but he also got learning games, sports equipment and other things he does. Our infant daughter got tons of clothes and bright soft toys for her to chew on and play with. I think a middle ground can be found between blind consumerism and gift buying.

And I was amazingly surprised that last night every single Wal-Mart and McDonalds in town was actually closed.

Well there's a refreshingly sensible post!  

Resurrected

December 26, 2007, 04:15:57 AM
Eh, my parents were nice enough to buy me an acoustic guitar. Music is cool.

My Christmas wasn't to commercialized. Just fun hanging out with friends and family.

December 27, 2007, 12:13:31 AM
Most of us live in Christian families.

Something warm is hitting your face,
Softly, like rain,
But warm like a baby's cheeks
Or the first mists of summer
Scented faintly of fungi from those old forest paths
Walked by lovers years before
Things got so complicated,
An acrid vinegar cream of mushroom smell.

Something warm is hitting your face,
And Jesus stands over you, while Devils murmur,
"Yul is the holiday, and it predates these saps, fag."