Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Reign In Blood

Re: Reign In Blood
February 06, 2008, 05:39:22 AM
Funny, I have always found  it  exceedingly difficult to listen to an entire song by Opeth.
but anyways, yes Reign in Blood may be appealing to people  well accustomed to metal but still with short attention span. But though 'Hell Awaits' is different(and may be less popular though it is more dynamic) , RIB is a platform for listeners to explore Death Metal.    

February 06, 2008, 05:47:41 AM
Maybe it's the people I choose to converse with, but most people I talk to like Hell Awaits much more than RIB.

February 06, 2008, 07:22:03 PM
RIB is a platform for listeners to explore Death Metal.    

It certainly helped me a lot. But, it was Hell Awaits that sealed the fuckin' deal. RIB is written like a Hardcore album, HA was written like a Death Metal album.

February 08, 2008, 12:14:59 AM
Funny, I have always found  it  exceedingly difficult to listen to an entire song by Opeth.  

That's because it is disorganized.

February 08, 2008, 05:52:51 AM

That's because it is disorganized.

Quite and understatement. It's like a riff salad with no riffs.

February 09, 2008, 12:27:59 AM
no, they have riffs, they just prefer to drag them out as long as they can.

if they increased the tempo of all of their songs by about 100 BPM, they might be an interesting death metal band.

February 09, 2008, 06:03:46 PM
I was being sarcastic. No, that wouldn't help Opeth. They don't suck because of their tempo.

April 17, 2008, 12:43:26 PM
I think the album is like all the other earlier albums in many ways, but the thing about this album is (and the members of Slayer says this themself,) that they made the sound more clear. The mainstream liked this. Those who heard it was good before, but didnt like them then, liked this now.
(sorry for my bad english, sucks to be me)

April 18, 2008, 05:18:42 AM
Maybe it's the people I choose to converse with, but most people I talk to like Hell Awaits much more than RIB.

I can say this - virtually everyone I know(self included) who was a fan of Slayer's music before RIB came out, almost invariably prefer Hell Awaits and generally consider it their best work, period.  

April 18, 2008, 01:03:34 PM

I can say this - virtually everyone I know(self included) who was a fan of Slayer's music before RIB came out, almost invariably prefer Hell Awaits and generally consider it their best work, period.  

That's just a little bit revisionist!

Slow down. :)

April 18, 2008, 04:12:02 PM
RIB is a platform for listeners to explore Death Metal.    

Judas Priest -> Slayer -> Morbid Angel

April 18, 2008, 11:15:26 PM
That's just a little bit revisionist!

Slow down. :)

It is my personal experience. What manner of revisionism is there in this?  

April 19, 2008, 05:20:09 AM
Oh, I was drunk and misread your post. My bad.

April 19, 2008, 12:18:03 PM
Oh, I was drunk and misread your post. My bad.

haha, wonderful.

April 19, 2008, 06:19:05 PM

If you heard Slayer before Reign in Blood, you understood it in terms of that material, of which Hell Awaits is the best.

Reign in Blood was their attempt to go for all out speed and evil, and so was a different entity, and also, the songs between opener and closer were not as strong. Hell Awaits is consistently strong throughout. RIB is two songs better than anything on Hell Awaits with essentially verse-chorus speed rips in between them.