Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Trolling

Trolling
December 21, 2007, 03:45:54 PM
 Why Troll?

Trolls are people without pretense who enjoy poking holes in the people who are trapped in pretense. Ideotrolls do this to advance an agenda, namely "reality," in a modern society where it has gotten too easy to go into denial. Ideological trolling pokes holes in that facade and it is to that end infoterror.com is dedicated.

Reality as modern people see it is defined by social pretense. We assume certain things are fact and attack anyone who dares state that the emperor has no clothes. This is why trolls are anonymous. We know that the largest segment of society wants us to die for simply having realized these basic truths of reality. Most people prefer to be in denial.

This denial is protected by social pretense, like "morality" or "progress" or "status." Any time some upstanding member of the community is shocked their daughter is caught smoking crack, or is horrified by some realization from science or philosophy, social pretense is punctured. Social pretense is what protects the individual from critique.

In crowds, we love it because it makes our deficiencies sacred cows that cannot be slaughtered. If any troll rises up and points out the principle that makes us see our deficiencies, we want that person dead. Trolls however serve a useful purpose in that they re-introduce us to reality, and when we see reality, we have a chance of acting on it and producing a non-failing society. Our current society is failing, but it violates social pretense to say that. We keep polluting, going to tedious jobs where we accomplish nothing of value, chasing material solutions to our inner emptiness and living in the ugly commercial-symbol-ridden cities we have made. We are all miserable and none of us trusts society. At best, we get some kicks from feeling superior to others.

Civilizations like this die out because no one is committed to reality any longer. We live in this world of politeness where no one defecates or dies, and where everyone is "equal," and only bad people disagree. As humanity breeds out of control, uses up resources, and kills off anyone intelligent enough to see that we're living in our own techno-feces in ugly cities with ugly passive aggressive people, we come closer to again facing reality.

However, our society is designed around avoiding reality. We think it's more important if most people think they want something, than if it's actually what they need. This is expressed in our sacred cows of democracy, capitalism and equality. We like to think we endorse religious freedom, but really we only accept religions that please the crowd by telling them that if they sign here, they'll become immortal.

It's very immature. In fact, it's pathetic. Anyone with an IQ over 120 can look out at this society and see that it is essentially talking monkeys with car keys out of control, enforcing a fantasy world because they can't handle reality. Your society sucks. It produces nothing great, and in the name of making us all equal, it makes us equally miserable. Except for trolls.

Trolls are underworld insurgents. Because you the crowd have suppressed reality, you have created a false reality that floats on top of the physical reality in which sane people live. Yes, I called you all insane. Trolls connect the worlds by pointing out the contradictions in your "progressive" illusion. You claim that you know better, and are morally ahead, and trolls will force you to confront your real motivations: gaining status by putting other people down, stealing all the money you can, and hiding your perverse deficiencies with layers of pretense.

In the underworld, such motivations are recognized as real, because all we have in the underworld is reality itself. We don't trust the rest of you. We do trust our sense of realism, and we like it, because that way we do not become useless, neurotic, self-obsessed first world people with nothing of significance to do in their lives. Having reality to struggle for gives us meaning, even if we don't have BMWs.

We know you hate us because we are free of the neurosis. It is a devil's bargain to suspend reality for the comfortable world of your own mind and the products you buy. This materialist outlook saves you from criticism, but because you get no feedback from life, you drift farther and farther away from the meaning that comes from struggling to achieve something in life. You become useless, and hate yourself, and you hate us for telling you that.  

- From http://www.infoterror.com/internet_activism/why_troll/

Re: Trolling
December 22, 2007, 01:31:34 PM
What I'm wondering though, is how effective trolling actually is in spreading our ideology?

It seems to me that taking the time to actually discuss with those peoples could be more effective to spot those that would be likely to embrace our cause. By answering intelligently to the worries of this intelligent minority, we could be able to direct them toward sources that could allow them to get a better understanding of the problem at hand, and of what needs to be done for it to be corrected.

As far as the idiotic majority though, I don't think anything would be able to give them a glimpse of what the world actually looks like, the illusions they cherish have taken far too much place in their head for them to be destroyed by anything that does not include them dying.

So, is there something I've missed about trolling? It seems to me that while it might seem satisfying for the troll to see the crowd bickering and arguing among themselves, it does not actually further the ideas he's trying to push.

December 22, 2007, 03:22:40 PM
It seems to me that taking the time to actually discuss with those peoples could be more effective to spot those that would be likely to embrace our cause.

You need to find some way to reach them. It ain't trolling, but it isn't trying to talk to them either. You want to get their attention and then re-direct them to some quality documents or movies they can see. Trying to reason with the horde when you're outnumber 10,000:1 is not gonna work.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

December 24, 2007, 01:41:20 PM
can I get some sites to create instant-disposable email accounts ?
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

chrstphrbnntt

December 24, 2007, 02:33:34 PM
can I get some sites to create instant-disposable email accounts ?

Mailinator or Emailias.

December 25, 2007, 12:50:02 AM

You need to find some way to reach them. It ain't trolling, but it isn't trying to talk to them either. You want to get their attention and then re-direct them to some quality documents or movies they can see. Trying to reason with the horde when you're outnumber 10,000:1 is not gonna work.

One would need to send a small yet effective message to the masses. Hopefully a small selection will look into your message and expand their minds with the ideas you put forward.

After this, those who learnt can then convey that same message onto another mass and hopefully a sifting process can occur between the useful and the useless.

February 08, 2011, 03:42:18 PM
Is trolling wrong?

Some people believe that trolling must include obscenities, lies, and "taboo-penetrating blasphemy". They are right in that such trolling shocks, but I say that it is a bad shock and bad trolling. Why? Because it makes us of rudeness, lying, or stupidity, which are all wrong, bad, evil etc. But we ought not use wrong means to achieve good ends. We ought to use right means to good ends. One can still create controversy and shock some people out of their denial, simply by being civil, honest, and wise. The big advantage of this method is that it does not repel those who rightly hate the evils named above, and no stale aftertaste remains.

The best trolling method that has ever existed is probably Socratic education. Show someone that he knows nothing. Then, and only then, is knowledge possible.
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

February 08, 2011, 03:49:34 PM
It's been said before but I'd like to repeat that the best way to "troll" and cause potentially constructive controversy is to state an unpopular but simple truth with little verbal surplusage and no name calling or other symptoms of frustration.

February 08, 2011, 03:54:13 PM
state an unpopular but simple truth with little verbal surplusage and no name calling or other symptoms of frustration.

That is a good teaser, yes. Plato uses it sometimes, as well.
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

February 08, 2011, 04:07:23 PM
That is a good teaser, yes. Plato uses it sometimes, as well.
A teaser is all you need. Our target as "trolls" is the intelligent disillusioned kid, who may not have been exposed to radical thought such as, "we are all not of equal ability, and 'education' will not turn a fool into a genius". Intelligence goes hand in hand with inquisitiveness, and thus he or she will probably continue to investigate the matter further. The unintelligent will continue to do what they do of course, and best case scenario is they try to give a retarded counter-point which will hopefully be recognized as such by the intelligent kid.

February 08, 2011, 04:47:06 PM
In my view, sometimes trolls should engage in "expected" behavior like name-calling. This way, all the jerkoff trailer park types who made it to college and now think they're edumacated are going to white knight on your ass, which draws attention to the troll.

January 26, 2012, 07:27:05 AM
I've often been called a Troll. I never knew why, and felt outraged at this.
But after reading this thread I feel honoured to have been so honoured.

I am a Troll, foll-de-roll,
With my words, your illusions, I'll scupper!
Squawk!

January 27, 2012, 12:52:46 AM
Sounds like a Tolkien poem
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

January 27, 2012, 01:50:59 AM
Yeah man. It's Tom Bombadil helping the infoterror team.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793