Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Averse Sefira News

Re: Averse Sefira News
January 20, 2008, 09:00:12 AM
Averse Sefira appearing for the first time ever in Seattle!!!

(along with my local faves:  In Memorium)

Tuesday, February 19 2008 ALL AGES BAR W/ID
KISW Metal Shop & El Corazon Present

Rotting Christ
Immolation
Belphegor
Averse Sefira
In Memorium
Corporal Mortification

$20 ADV / $22 DOS
Doors open at 7:00pm
Show starts at 8:00pm
Tickets Available at Ticketswest Outlets & At The Door
Buy Tickets Online

January 24, 2008, 03:10:58 PM

January 26, 2008, 01:12:27 PM
http://aversesefira.blogspot.com/

Is someone going to rip the new song to MP3 as well, so we can enjoy it without going to myAIDS?
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

January 26, 2008, 04:24:06 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7B6W4EYJ

Serpent Recoil in mp3 format.

January 28, 2008, 02:59:02 AM
This new song is boring and mediocre.
It doesn't reach any interesting/meaningful conclusions.

Sounds like they've been listening too much to Watain, Deathspell Omega, Secrets of The Moon new Marduk etc. the current crop of pretentious middle of the road popstars in the black metal scene.

To each his own, but in fairness I followed your band link and your material sounds a lot more "middle of the road" and "pop" (a relative term here) than their new stuff.

That said, I think you have some good ideas in your songs but if you're a stickler for interesting conclusions you should consider trying to complete a song idea rather than just letting them trail off at the end.

January 29, 2008, 02:22:24 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7B6W4EYJ

Serpent Recoil in mp3 format.

Thank you.

As an aside, I'm glad we're not on one of those poseur boards where everyone analyzes music to death -or- talks imagery.

I'm reserving any judgment for listen #7 to the new disc as a whole.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

January 30, 2008, 03:28:05 AM
A flier for the Seattle show if anyone cares to copy it:

February 03, 2008, 02:00:34 PM
Me, I'm getting there.

Keep at it and you will.

Metal needs more people to hold themselves up to these standards, and then exceed them.

You can never stop growing, even if you top Beethoven's 9th symphony -- there are new realms to conquer, if you look.

DEATH TO BOREDOM

February 03, 2008, 04:30:30 PM
New album "Advent Parallax" MP3s in the Averse Sefira MP3 thread.

Downloading, very excited, but I liked the first two songs. Keep in mind that any album that needs to be taken as a whole will have some epic songs, and some linear ones. Even "Pure Holocaust," "Det Som Engang Var" and "Blessed Are the Sick" had that.
ASBO

shadowmystic

February 04, 2008, 09:54:08 AM

Keep at it and you will.

Metal needs more people to hold themselves up to these standards, and then exceed them.

You can never stop growing, even if you top Beethoven's 9th symphony -- there are new realms to conquer, if you look.

DEATH TO BOREDOM

This is how I look at composing, perfection has never been achieved in music and probably can't be, but that's no reason not to try.  The higher you aim the higher you reach.

February 04, 2008, 11:51:06 PM
Black metal started to die when it became afraid there was no more new ground. Bands started cloning each other. People divided into "tr00" and "progressive" metallers, neither doing anything important. Everyone forgot that quality of music is more important than trend, and truly great music is eternal independent of style.

ASBO

February 07, 2008, 08:23:08 PM
I can hear a lot of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in this. I'm not ready to declare it better than Tetragrammatical Astygmata - perhaps after more listens.

February 10, 2008, 02:17:16 PM
I can hear a lot of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in this. I'm not ready to declare it better than Tetragrammatical Astygmata - perhaps after more listens.

It's technically more impressive than earlier albums. I can hear a lot of something like Eucharist (maybe Watain), some later Satyricon and Darkthrone in the intricate riffs, and a lot of the Mayhem you mentioned. I don't hear any Marduk (barf).
ASBO

February 10, 2008, 11:03:08 PM
My apologies if this question was answered on page 2, but for some reason, page 2 isn't loading for me:

Has anyone made it to a date from the ongoing tour with Immolation/Averse Sefira?

I'm thinking about leaving after Immolation's set this Thursday in Nashville, TN so I don't have to sit through Rotting Christ, and can get a head-start on my drive home.