Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New Sorcier Des Glaces album announced

New Sorcier Des Glaces album announced
January 13, 2008, 05:59:17 PM
Sorcier Des Glaces
The Puressence of Primitive Forests

SORCIER DES GLACES: In Songwriting Mode - Jan. 12, 2008

Canadian black metallers SORCIER DES GLACES have commenced the songwriting process for their "third chapter," tentatively titled "The Puressence of Primitive Forests". Plans exist for the group to enter the studio later in the year. According to a press release, "it shall be the ultimate offering of misanthropy, hating humans beings for what they are and hiding far in the coldest landscapes still untouched by their dirty hands."

SORCIER DES GLACES released its second offering, "Moonrise in Total Darkness", in 2006 on Mankind's Demise Records.

For more information, visit http://www.myspace.com/sorcierdesglaces666.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=88335

Re: New Sorcier Des Glaces album announced
January 13, 2008, 07:56:58 PM
That quote ostensibly suggests an Immortal/Ildjarn mix of styles.

January 13, 2008, 11:00:04 PM
If that is so, all this in the hand of Rob, will probably lead to something as good as the first one : or at least we all hope so !

January 14, 2008, 10:52:02 PM
Wonderful :]

January 15, 2008, 10:46:16 PM
Both albums by this band are quite good. My only complaints with the last album come from recording issues:

poor tone for the drums, and vocals that are mixed too loud.

March 22, 2008, 05:10:33 PM

Posted on myspace yesterday :

The Puressence of primitive forests

Frozen hails to everyone,

The past three months have been very productive, as the new album that will be called "The Puressence of Primitive Forests" has been achieved, on the musical side. 10 songs in total, including probably some surprises as well, but we can’t tell anything at the moment. Lyrics are being written now, with pure hate and an eternal dedication to the feelings of total isolation.

We are rehearsing songs at the moment, so recording should start in the Fall. We are proud to announce that we will release our third album on Mankind’s Demise records, certainly the most honnest and one of the best label in Quebec City.

Expect the next album to be a raw, savage but beautiful offering to the world of black metal, always in tribute to the masters of the genre.

March 22, 2008, 05:33:04 PM
Sorcier Des Glaces is such a refreshing band. The latest album grew on me quite a bit since I initially slammed it; maybe I should learn to shut up about shit before I shoot my mouth off, if this teaches me anything.

I look forward to this, muchly.

March 26, 2008, 12:37:20 AM
I just recently got into these guys, but if the third album follows in the footsteps of the first two, it will make me very happy.
Fearing not death, they lived--and died;
Unlike the thousands who, fearing death
Also died, but did not live.