Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Uninitiated

Re: Uninitiated
February 06, 2008, 09:53:26 PM
After I carefully listened to the top 15, I didn't know where to go from there. I had to scavenge these forums for recommendations simply because they are a bit scarce unless you do some searching. From your point, I'd recommend Graveland's Thousand Swords, Averse Sefira's Tetragrammatical Astygmata, and Dimmu Borgir's Stormblast. Recommending any Dimmu Borgir is probably frowned upon I'm sure, but Stormblast is a good album and it deserves a attention. If you don't mind death metal, try Gorgut's Obscura and At The Gate's The Red in the Sky is ours.

As for relating to Immortal's sound/feel, I don't think any bands actually come to close it. But if you ignore the aesthetics of Immortal's sound, to me it's just like any other top-tier black metal album.

February 06, 2008, 11:34:38 PM
If you don't mind death metal, try Gorgut's Obscura and At The Gate's The Red in the Sky is ours.

I'm not sure Obscura should be recommended to people new to metal...
Miscreant: avoid later Immortal. The last 3 albums were lacking.

February 07, 2008, 06:35:26 AM
Under the Sign of the black mark by Bathory is fast and furious at times and melodic at times.  

Sventevith (Storming near the Baltic) by Behemothis a good example of raw, melodic black metal

February 08, 2008, 02:57:13 AM
To the original poster:

From what you have said, you may also enjoy some more "current" Bands like Watain(first two discs especially) or earlier Carpathian Forest, or even some very early Behemoth, when they were far more BM oriented...and far less ridiculous.  

*edit - just saw the Behemoth reference above mine - sorry for the redundancy ::)

February 08, 2008, 10:39:55 AM
Please don't destroy this person with recommendations.

February 08, 2008, 11:00:00 PM
No, no, this is good.  I've been reading SO much over the past few months about BM that I'm actually able to keep up pretty well with all the reccomendations.  It's funny because I've been actually doing more reading than listening to the music - but I think that's going to benefit me more anyway.  Well, with that said, I suppose we can essentially end this thread unless somebody out there can blow my mind with something!  Thanks again to everyone.  Good lookin' out! ;)  

February 10, 2008, 03:18:54 PM
Please don't destroy this person with recommendations.

These threads rapidly turn into "What did you listen to this week?" threads. This one hasn't been so bad. It's one of the reasons I read this forum. For all the bickering, faux anarchy and faux nihilism, and real crap being construed as OK, there is a sense of purpose here.

That I said this should unleash the floodgates of WTF YOU POSEUR. If anyone needs me, I'll be committing suicide on webcam at myspace.

February 11, 2008, 05:47:58 PM
hey Onan, I've been reading a few of your various posts on the boards and I like your angle.  In all seriousness, what would YOU reccomend me?  I'm only weighing back in on this thread because I want your opinion, specifically.