Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Success with $1.27 of CD-Rs

Re: Success with $1.27 of CD-Rs
February 01, 2008, 02:00:38 PM

Reign In Blood

A little thought on CD-Rs: How about a Classical compilation. I think it would be more attractive to many people, especially the ones not wanting to "dig through noise". I am telling you this because I think that making it official (like the ANUS non-metal folks compilation) with a selection, is better than just an amateur looking CD.

It would cost a bit more, so far as CDs are concerned, but packaging them both together (with 2 articles describing the merits of each) could be a good idea. Not all people even appreciate classical, but may appreciate Metal. The same goes for the inverse.

February 02, 2008, 05:39:37 AM
I hate to be a jerk, but if you got those files up on Bit Torrent and talked them up on the forums, you could get 1,000 or more people to download them.

I understand what you're getting at, but the added benefit of being able to physically communicate (and maybe even collaborate) with local individuals greatly outweighs the convenience of blanketing the internet in a manner not unlike pop-up ads. Online activism has its pros, but they only go so far toward positive action and actual results.

Moreover, like it or not, the effort to go so far as to deliver something tangible, include a message that espouses what is timeless, and provide contact information for further discussion is very impressive with regards to this brand of message-spreading.

I realize that the outlook and temperament of locals varies from place to place, but I get the feeling that thoughtful folks in most regions will be moved by such an effort even if they don't ultimately choose to get on board and contribute to it further. That isn't to suggest that throwing plastic at the masses is something that we should lean toward, but rather to assume that this music has the very real potential to foster valuable bonds when the corporeal medium happens to contain the genius of metal, a written account that elucidates that genius, and the gesture of having compiled such a package with the intent to pass it on in an optimistic manner (as opposed to a blind one).

Id really like to hear what people here have to say about what they have found to be the most effective method of spreading this message in this particular capacity, as doing so could save some time and effort: in short, what has worked and what has not?

February 07, 2008, 03:26:05 AM
Has anyone tried slipping them into Crowley or Nietzsche books in libraries? Hard to tell if they worked or not.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

February 07, 2008, 06:34:09 AM
These are all good ideas, i will defintly try this. Even if it wont possibly make this biggest change of the local music taste and lifestyle, its a well course worth fighting for. And it will without a doubt help me sleep at night.

May i suggest stuffing the cds in the jackets when some local less or more shitty metal band preforms live somewhere, or just throw the cds around or let them be lying around ?
I can actualy see this will cause some curioussity and excitement.  Wich is how ive found alot of great music.
Don't confuse my point of view with cynicism. The real cynics are the ones who tell you that everything's gonna be all right.
"George Carlin"

February 07, 2008, 10:15:02 AM
Has anyone tried slipping them into Crowley or Nietzsche books in libraries? Hard to tell if they worked or not.

I've the habit of inserting ANUS fliers into such books. (Minus the Crowley; I don't want to attract lepers.)

JJ

February 07, 2008, 08:27:32 PM
I've been doing this with ANUS articles. I left them around the house then moved on to libraries and book stores.

February 12, 2008, 09:21:02 PM
The problem with the internet is that the user controls the content.  If t.v. werent a christianized medium, than i wouldnt see a problem with more (real) extreme metal on the air; radio seems to be a little more feasible in my opinion.  I wouldnt mind taking over my local college station and invading a few frat houses with blasphemous noise.  Still, this idea of handing out cd's is excellent, to me.  With handing out these albums, you have the ability to make some appeal with the cover art, lyrics, liner comments, whatever..  

Even the biggest bozos in this society recognize the seriousness of a person who takes the pains to create such a compilation and especially the seriousness of the act of handing them out to your fellow man.

February 13, 2008, 02:01:39 AM
I am part of the radio in my College (Quebec) and I gradually try to make a shift in the music. It ain't easy!
Because I am more intelligent than you are.