Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Frustration

Frustration
February 03, 2008, 01:32:32 PM
It's hard to measure how much frustration exists in a culture, but I think it's off the charts for the current USA and Europe.

We are surrounded by fucking stupid people. They slow everything to a crawl. That's frustrating.

Our government and industry are in the hands of those who pander to idiots because there's more of them with $25 in their grubby little hands.

The dominant feeling, liberalism, is a guise of Crowdism. It rewards pity for anyone so long as they are fucked up, because like giving hookers a tip, it makes us feel better about ourselves.

Why do we need to feel better about ourselves? We live in a frustrating time because its mechanisms are futile, its goals are crap, and the people who thrive in it are sick weaklings, perverts, liars, sycophants and emotional cripples.

There are two ways to respond to this. You can figure it's fucked, feel sorry for yourself, and keep doing nothing. Or you can realize that doing anything at all keeps you from being impotent, and start spending your time on constructive things.

When this era ends, and it's coming faster than ever, those who could do nothing but become sofa-fetuses because they were frustrated will be obsolete. Those who rose above, saw the long-term over their own bitterness, and did something about it, will not only prevail, but will have had better lives in the meantime.

They won't have joined the frustration chain.

Re: Frustration
February 03, 2008, 05:13:29 PM
I am content in downloading obscure underground metal mp3s etc. and looking down on 'mainstream' philistine culture with scorn.

More of the same, you say walmart music is dumb? Well, I don't think 4-track recorder noisy black metal is much better. Are you really happier than those 'cheap taste' people because of the stuff you listen to? I don't mean to attack anyone here, but I think the problem includes everyone, even if you download black metal instead of buying Meet my Penis. It does not matter if it's classical, jazz or rap music, the problem is you can get ALL you want WHENEVER you want. THIS is what makes ANY music worthless today (you know, quantity vs. quality kind of thing). Music is a PRODUCT, PRODUCT, PRODUCT, today (Think of a mandala for example: you make it, then destroy it. The recording industry killed the music. I don't know if you see what I mean). Once there was a time when you had to actually LEARN an instrument and READ the music. Personally, I am ashamed of myself, I stopped the piano after a few years when I was young... Now I know my parents were in the right.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

February 03, 2008, 11:48:36 PM
every society seems to have a core of average people that weighs the thinking man down with the question on futility. i'm trying not to be overwhelmed by this, but IT IS worse now than ever (worse meaning more destructive for everyone).

If you don't seek to 'escape' or submit to it then isolation occurs - either path can lead to a slow and miserable death. i think the first part of the solution to overcome this is seeing 'the now' as a jaggered fragment in a much larger process of time, and that like any other era it will not last. from there i can have hope that change is possible. as for how to go about initiating change? well i'm not sure it's quite as conscious a descision as that.

shadowmystic

February 04, 2008, 05:38:47 AM
The 'dumb people' refered to here are followers.  They exist in any civilisation, the problem we have is that they gained too much power and don't want to give it up, so they neurotically flail around and try with all their might to bring down anyone who might rise above them.

February 04, 2008, 10:37:56 AM
For something like this it's hard to do anything about it.

A good start would be to boycott the garbage, and when someone asks you why you don't eat at McDonald's explain to them how bad ideas and low standards make life shittier for everyone, invalidating that flawed 'to each his own' mentality. Most won't understand, but when someone does, it's a good antidote to frustration.

February 05, 2008, 11:09:01 PM
Dumb people music can occur in any form, but some forms lend themselves to it. Your average rock, jazz, rap or punk band for example.

Black metal should clean its own house first.

ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

February 06, 2008, 01:04:30 AM
I was in an anthropology class the other day and the professor read a passage from The Origin of Species, and this one fat slob, a female I believe, yelped out "that sounds like Shakespeare yo" and some other crap interrupting whatever learning may have been taking place at the time. It's difficult to comprehend how someone can be so aloof and intrusive; I find it retarded that they're even allowed to attend college, yet theres a great deal that could be said on what the purpose of higher education has evolved into.  

But then after class I realized that about 1/3rd of the discussion that occurred was about super bowl ads and that nearly everyone in the hallway around me was text messaging or talking on their handheld speech devices and ignoring each other so I went home and smoked a good cigar and thought about becoming an ethnobotanist.

I induce that during the past three generations or so, the human personality has been drawn into an ever more submissive and obstinate state by primary communication being further established outside of interfacing human interaction, and when the occasion arises for real socialization, alcohol usually fills in the otherwise fatally uneventful time because these people lack the ability to discuss matters of intellectual quality outside of mass media crap and yoga, or maybe pilates, or blaming things on president Bush.

It seems to me the social complexities of backward industrialized consumerism or whatever this dismal blip in time can be referred to produces interesting psychological phenomenon in the superior  intelligent class, for actively and effectively repressing what can be called a new enlightenment of sorts from occurring.

John Locke stated that "The discipline of desire is the background of character."
I think this holds applicable in that we all see idiocy manifest in a nearly homogeneous manner of conduct that exists throughout modern men, and their behavior is nothing to be admired.

For the pre-colonial era Maori people of New Zealand, is it not likely that frustration only arose after returning empty from a hunt or failing at a tangible craft? Not this lingering irritation felt simply by observing others who are supposedly fellow countrymen.

February 06, 2008, 05:59:14 AM
These problems exist because humans exist in social constructs well outside what our evolution designed us for. Like a special needs child who can't figure out that triangles wont fit into square holes, the dumb people who can't understand this reality become frustrated, and just consume more needless things as a defense mechanism. Problem is, the people who are indeed smart enough to realize this become twice as frustrated, just give in, and consume more needless things as a defense mechanism.  

Please see Slayer after 1990 for an example.

February 07, 2008, 03:19:51 AM
These problems exist because humans exist in social constructs well outside what our evolution designed us for.

Not all humans.

Beethoven never sacrificed quality. He got arguably better over time.

Slayer... maybe there was confusion about the right reasons to move ahead?
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

February 07, 2008, 05:15:05 PM
At worst, Beethoven can't be considered because the time we live in looks absolutely nothing like the time he lived in, and at best he is simply an exception that proves the rule.

February 07, 2008, 10:36:51 PM
The only thing that has changed is technology.

There is still room for genius.

Yet little of it... why?
ASBO

May 07, 2008, 08:24:07 AM
Nietzsche's book "Anti-Christ" says it all: a great multitude of mediocrity (in modern times, more Michael Moore wannabes and more idiots uploading crap at youtube) is required in order for the "overman" or great man of genius and ability to emerge. Perhaps if stupidity is penalized and tolerance for laziness is legislated as criminal behaviour, then maybe the creation of a gas chamber for dullards and shitheads would be the next logical step.
self-improvement is for the weak.

May 07, 2008, 10:33:19 AM
If you ask me, I would not punish laziness. I think what is frustrating in our society, or at least in Quebec, is that you cannot trust anyone.

For example, I went to Austria last year and I found out that the metro-bus lines did not require you to pay or show your bus pass each time you wanted to go somewhere. Why? Because you have to buy your pass, but if you don't have to show it all the time. If you do not buy one, you'll simply feel bad (hopefully) or perhaps get arrested (because security sometimes check them).

However in Quebec, you have to wait in line and show your ticket, etc. which often turns out to be a long and unpleasant process. I wish I could feel less restrained in that kind of situation and in other similar situations as well (more "self-service").

We should put trust as the N1 value. It would surely enhance our community feeling and we could finally have hope in others. Yet (only bad side), if someone could not be trusted, then yes, he would be punished, severely.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

May 08, 2008, 06:07:19 AM
If you ask me, I would not punish laziness. I think what is frustrating in our society, or at least in Quebec, is that you cannot trust anyone.

For example, I went to Austria last year and I found out that the metro-bus lines did not require you to pay or show your bus pass each time you wanted to go somewhere. Why? Because you have to buy your pass, but if you don't have to show it all the time. If you do not buy one, you'll simply feel bad (hopefully) or perhaps get arrested (because security sometimes check them).

However in Quebec, you have to wait in line and show your ticket, etc. which often turns out to be a long and unpleasant process. I wish I could feel less restrained in that kind of situation and in other similar situations as well (more "self-service").

We should put trust as the N1 value. It would surely enhance our community feeling and we could finally have hope in others. Yet (only bad side), if someone could not be trusted, then yes, he would be punished, severely.

Inferior people cannot be trusted. They do not have enough integrity, probably due to racial degeneration. A society which attaches importance to trust will not work with such people.

Realizations such as this one help overcome frustration, as well.

I agree that "doing something" may help overcome frustration, but can be dangerous when it is reduced to activism. Blind activism may in the long term be even worse than laziness.

Thus, activism for its own sake must be rejected.

Raise_the_Dead

May 08, 2008, 08:31:47 PM
I agree that "doing something" may help overcome frustration, but can be dangerous when it is reduced to activism. Blind activism may in the long term be even worse than laziness.

Thus, activism for its own sake must be rejected.

Can you explain how activism is dangerous?  Do you mean all activism or just the "go (buy) green" type?