Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bitchfest

Bitchfest
February 03, 2008, 03:45:31 PM
A lot of people hate anus.com, its metal site, this forum, and what they perceive to be its users: whiny "elitists" who can't wait to shit on anything new, and who have no new ideas.

I think there's some of that going on, but I think it's a mentality, not a person type. After all, it's easier to be depressed and negative than to build toward something new.

If there's any message I get from the website, it's that we should not relax our standards but should surge ahead and celebrate the great, exuberantly.

Just so this doesn't descend into a bitchfest at this forum, I wanted to throw in a few ideas:

1. It's not hard to fix metal. It takes a fanbase that's more critical of crap, and more open-minded toward what might be good, while rejecting false new ideas that are recombinations of the old (rap-metal, rock-metal, emo-metal).

2. We should be open to what others are doing, but reserve our praise for the best, while refraining from commenting on most of the stuff that's crap. No notice = no interest.

3. We should seek out and praise, exuberantly, the really good stuff, and lean hard on the writers of the metal site to put out more reviews on good classics and historical interest stuff like Dark Reign.

4. The reviews section should find a way of emphasizing the relatedness of personnel shared between bands so we can see how a few people have made a big difference.

5. If someone is posting glum, whiny, pointless diatribe, we should ignore it and admonish the admins to get rid of it.

Who wants to be depressed? Everyone seems depressed in modern society. Their lives are obligation and fear. We need to strike back with a sense of joy in life and discovery. We can't do that by fighting fire with fire, meaning using depressing negativity to counter depressingly bad metal.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Re: Bitchfest
February 03, 2008, 04:56:37 PM
Who wants to be depressed? Everyone seems depressed in modern society. Their lives are obligation and fear. We need to strike back with a sense of joy in life and discovery. We can't do that by fighting fire with fire, meaning using depressing negativity to counter depressingly bad metal.

I agree, and it's lust that creates this depressive state I think. Refuse anything but genuine love and friendship, it's the essential.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

February 04, 2008, 03:22:49 PM

I agree, and it's lust that creates this depressive state I think. Refuse anything but genuine love and friendship, it's the essential.

Our relationships with other Humans AND our relationship with the natural world around us are the things that make life worth living, in my oppinion.

Sadly, the closest thing to the "Natural World" that most people see on a day to day basis are a few trees scattered about on their drive to work. It is quite sad.

February 04, 2008, 09:19:55 PM
Is it?

Most people are idiots who jerk off to the fact that they once helped some homeless guy, so they think their shit don't stink. Holier thou than, thy name is the crowd.

Most people don't have the soul to appreciate nature, much less the brainpower. The average IQ in the USA is nearing 98 (down from 103). Do you know what 90-110 IQ points is like? All of us would agree: people who look, act and sound stupid because they fucking are!

Let's stop the tears, ladies. Let's do something about it.

The first step is to round up a posse. Want to use the internet? Fine. Want to use the real world? OK, but if you don't show results, you're full of shit and a worthless, soulless, dishonest bastard. I'm sick of that tired argument here too, and I find it really fucking telling that every single one of the real-world activists fail to post any progress here because there is none. They're using their "activism" as an excuse for their real agenda, which is to use this bulletin board to jerk off in our faces. It makes damaged people feel better.

The second step is to get your posse to be known to all who can appreciate it. There's still 2% or more of Americans who are both smart and have souls, and these people aren't crippled. Give them something to believe in, instead of weeping over the fact that Joe Dumbshit American doesn't notice trees or that 100 billion starving African babies eat diarrhea cookies and have AIDS. Who cares? Nature makes excess so it can cut the useless free. Find the good people.

Finally, start making other people understand you're not with their personal stupid agendas until they start supporting yours. Darfur? That's great, here's what we have to do first... you don't agree? My way or the highway, queenie because their "agenda" is a big excuse for doing nothing and being big fat queens who sit around on their couches weeping over the AIDS diarrhea orphans of central Afrika.

Fuck that. It's emasculated. Fight back. We need a fucking war, let's bring the war. Weep for the dead if you want to follow them. Face the future, fight hard even if you fight legal, and make some goddamn change.

We all know what we want, right? (Endless bickering, squabbling, etc) -- the people who argue the most have no idea what they want. The ideas on this site are a perennial philosophy, meaning they've been true for 20,000 years. You won't do better. If you bicker, it's because you're afraid. Fucking queens. There's no room for you in the future, so you might as well shoot yourself in the roof of the mouth now.

We ain't gonna weep for your dead useless self-pitying Judeo-Christian crowdist ass. You're obsolete, die, die, die.

February 05, 2008, 02:35:18 AM
Fight back. We need a fucking war, let's bring the war.

Are you talking about armed conflict here? In which case I'd have my doubts, unless we are talking degeneration into third-world state here.

February 05, 2008, 10:58:29 AM

Are you talking about armed conflict here? In which case I'd have my doubts, unless we are talking degeneration into third-world state here.

Face the future, fight hard even if you fight legal

Please read before reacting.

February 06, 2008, 03:27:23 PM
Honestly, Oscar, I couldn't agree more. With your general statement, at least. Although it seems that the area I live in is a barren wasteland in regards of having an intelligent populous (The elderly move here to die. The rich move here because of the beaches.) it is still possible to convert some to the ways of intelligence.

It seems to me, though, that the target age for conversion lies in the late adolecense to young adult age. Too early and they just cling on to the words that come out of your mouth because they are anti-establishment, too late and they have become too ingrained into Western society to see anything wrong with it.

February 10, 2008, 03:25:08 PM
It seems to me, though, that the target age for conversion lies in the late adolecense to young adult age. Too early and they just cling on to the words that come out of your mouth because they are anti-establishment, too late and they have become too ingrained into Western society to see anything wrong with it.

From experience, you're right.

The deft touch is not giving them propaganda, but ideas they can see be true time and again in the next ten years.

15-25 is essential for forming character in this time. It used to be 10-17 but things move both slower and faster now.

I took a dump on the face of Jesus Christ.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

February 10, 2008, 10:52:23 PM
Is it?

Most people are idiots who jerk off to the fact that they once helped some homeless guy, so they think their shit don't stink. Holier thou than, thy name is the crowd.

Most people don't have the soul to appreciate nature, much less the brainpower. The average IQ in the USA is nearing 98 (down from 103). Do you know what 90-110 IQ points is like? All of us would agree: people who look, act and sound stupid because they fucking are!

Let's stop the tears, ladies. Let's do something about it.

The first step is to round up a posse. Want to use the internet? Fine. Want to use the real world? OK, but if you don't show results, you're full of shit and a worthless, soulless, dishonest bastard. I'm sick of that tired argument here too, and I find it really fucking telling that every single one of the real-world activists fail to post any progress here because there is none. They're using their "activism" as an excuse for their real agenda, which is to use this bulletin board to jerk off in our faces. It makes damaged people feel better.

The second step is to get your posse to be known to all who can appreciate it. There's still 2% or more of Americans who are both smart and have souls, and these people aren't crippled. Give them something to believe in, instead of weeping over the fact that Joe Dumbshit American doesn't notice trees or that 100 billion starving African babies eat diarrhea cookies and have AIDS. Who cares? Nature makes excess so it can cut the useless free. Find the good people.

Finally, start making other people understand you're not with their personal stupid agendas until they start supporting yours. Darfur? That's great, here's what we have to do first... you don't agree? My way or the highway, queenie because their "agenda" is a big excuse for doing nothing and being big fat queens who sit around on their couches weeping over the AIDS diarrhea orphans of central Afrika.

Fuck that. It's emasculated. Fight back. We need a fucking war, let's bring the war. Weep for the dead if you want to follow them. Face the future, fight hard even if you fight legal, and make some goddamn change.

We all know what we want, right? (Endless bickering, squabbling, etc) -- the people who argue the most have no idea what they want. The ideas on this site are a perennial philosophy, meaning they've been true for 20,000 years. You won't do better. If you bicker, it's because you're afraid. Fucking queens. There's no room for you in the future, so you might as well shoot yourself in the roof of the mouth now.

We ain't gonna weep for your dead useless self-pitying Judeo-Christian crowdist ass. You're obsolete, die, die, die.

Well said. I'd like to see some of those ideas actually take form.

I'm new to this forum, so I do not understand the "perennial philosophy" that you refer to, but I can infer that it rejects backwards concepts like Christianity, pacifism, and utopianism. Specifically, which philosophers does this forum generally postulate besides Nietzsche?

chrstphrbnntt

February 10, 2008, 11:24:15 PM
I'm new to this forum, so I do not understand the "perennial philosophy" that you refer to, but I can infer that it rejects backwards concepts like Christianity, pacifism, and utopianism. Specifically, which philosophers does this forum generally postulate besides Nietzsche?

Pentti Linkola, René Guénon, Theodore Kaczynski, Plato, and Julius Evola, to name a few.

February 11, 2008, 01:31:03 AM
Aldous Huxley. Plato. Schopenhauer. Hindutva.

http://www.amazon.com/Perennial-Philosophy-Classics/dp/006057058X/
ASBO