Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Melechesh

Melechesh
February 11, 2008, 05:54:38 PM
What's the story with these guys?  They were formed in Israel (!?), but now operate out of Amsterdam from what I've read.  Are these guys legitimate Black Metal?  Are any of these guys ummmmm 'Israeli?' ;)
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!

Re: Melechesh
February 12, 2008, 02:57:10 AM
Are these guys legitimate Black Metal?  

Hmmm Semites buying into a style that has been historically anti-Semitic. One should go figure I guess.

February 12, 2008, 01:24:26 PM
the problems in Israel arose after they formed. in several interviews in Israeli metal magazines the members professed to be openly Satanic (which does not bode well in a city home to 3 of the world's largest religions, all of which see a sort of "hell" in the afterlife). difficulties had them relocate to Amsterdam, as you stated.

their first album "As Jerusalem Burns..." is quite an interesting and adventurous listen. they, unlike more recent works of Nile, incorporate their Middle Eastern influence in their guitar work (also on later releases), and it makes their sound flow naturally, instead of sounding forced.

i also have "Sphinx" by them, and that is an accomplished work as well. however i still do prefer their first album. legitimate indeed, great even.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

chrstphrbnntt

February 12, 2008, 05:38:57 PM
Try Coffin Texts for another worthy metal band with Middle-Eastern influences. I'll have to investigate Melechesh.

February 26, 2008, 10:12:26 PM
I found Sphynx to be an inspiring, refreshing piece of work. Though i haven't listened anything more from the band, i'd strongly recommend that one.

As someone before me said, the evocation of Middle-Eastern atmospheres is much more natural than for instance those in Nile.