Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Carcass Reviews

Carcass Reviews
February 15, 2008, 01:00:40 PM
anybody else surprised at how forgiving the reviews for "Heartwork" and "Wake up and Smell the Carcass," are?  I mean Heartwork I can see, but "Wake up and Smell..." that was very surprising.  I wonder what the review for "Swansong" would be like?  Don't get me wrong, I love Carcass...

Re: Carcass Reviews
February 15, 2008, 09:36:14 PM
"Swansong" was such a radical departure from what Carcass had done before....i cant even take it seriously. its just so bad.

February 16, 2008, 02:08:15 PM
Swansong IS terrible.  But I'll take like 4 songs from the album just because I'm kind of cheesy like that  :)

February 16, 2008, 03:07:17 PM
Every punk band just wants to be Led Zeppelin.

February 16, 2008, 08:17:01 PM
Heartwork was one of the better speed metal albums created, which speaks more about the lack of depth of that particular genre than it does about the album's heights. Nevertheless, the album remains inspirational, most of all from a standpoint of lyrical development. It dresses up ideas which ultimately are rejected by the experienced Hessian, but its justification for existence remains: it has served as an aesthetic template for future poets in metal.

February 17, 2008, 12:36:14 PM
anybody else surprised at how forgiving the reviews for "Heartwork" and "Wake up and Smell the Carcass," are?  I mean Heartwork I can see, but "Wake up and Smell..." that was very surprising.  I wonder what the review for "Swansong" would be like?  Don't get me wrong, I love Carcass...

The problem with later Carcass isn't that it's bad, just that it's irrelevant, and I consider everything past their first two albums to be later Carcass.

Grindcore bands are one-note by definition.