Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

The cultural fragmentation of the West

The cultural fragmentation of the West
February 16, 2008, 02:02:41 PM
There's a lot of maudlin stuff floating around. Yes, we're in decline. No, it's not the end of the world -- in fact, it's the best possible thing.

We're awash in retards. Stupid people, selfish people, pedophiles, criminals, etc. We need a forest fire to burn out these weak trees.

Life is fucking boring. Get a job, even a job you like, and there's a lot of explaining to large groups of slow people. Zzz.

Culture is garbage, except for some holdouts who keep repeating the past. No one has time or money to make real art anymore, so we have crap. We would be embarrassed to explain this to any distant descendants living in a healthier time.

Sum total, a mess has been made. It's amusing how bad it is and how unrecognized that is. What we need to do is build up a culture that recognizes this, knows why we fell apart, and is resolved not to do it again because we see what a waste of time it is.

Then we need to not fight but step aside and let the mess come crashing down, then build something more fun and interesting. I guess it's unfair that in this new world order Britney Spears and Jay-Z would be dead or peasants, but something about that is very satisfying to my sense of justice.

Re: The cultural fragmentation of the West
February 16, 2008, 09:09:00 PM
I agree with you about all of that, and heartily.

My only point of departure is that I think you insult the condition of peasant-hood by suggesting that Britney Spears or whatever other trash you mentioned are worthy of such a simple and yet integral role.

Not so much because of their stupidity, but because of their profound imbalance and lack of character, these people are not worthy of peasanthood; they are in fact only worthy of slavery.

And the mistake of many Traditional societies was to keep these beings around as slaves, instead of extinguish their existence.

February 17, 2008, 12:33:56 AM
 they are in fact only worthy of slavery.

I would prefer having apes as slaves...

February 17, 2008, 01:07:38 AM
peasantry might be healthy in it's own place, but the thing is these pop idols aren't anything other than an extension of this dying society - created and maintained by itself in some twisted self-mockery. they're not individuals, they don't have will, desires etc. of course you could almost feel sorry for them if they did.

regarding the original post. there's no quick solution. a drop of water takes centuries to carve a hole through stone. for the meanwhile i just try to be positive and find/share meaning in things which go beyond the cycle.

February 17, 2008, 12:33:04 PM
And the mistake of many Traditional societies was to keep these beings around as slaves, instead of extinguish their existence.

I agree with this and think it's quite realistic. We need natural selection. The dumb, criminal, perverse and oblivious are obsolete.

We can mow our own lawns, and it's better for us to do that.

February 18, 2008, 01:25:13 PM

The dumb, criminal, perverse and oblivious are obsolete.

They were always obsolete.