Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

metal is fun, so is reading

metal is fun, so is reading
February 17, 2008, 03:37:41 AM
I like black metal. I like death metal. but honestly there's more of this stuff than I have time for, and I'm only counting the good stuff. in my spare time I also like to leave the house.

Re: metal is fun, so is reading
February 17, 2008, 05:14:19 AM
awesome!  a/s/l?!

February 17, 2008, 12:35:28 PM
I like black metal. I like death metal. but honestly there's more of this stuff than I have time for, and I'm only counting the good stuff. in my spare time I also like to leave the house.

What I think you're saying:

The metal fanatic, do nothing but metal 24-7 lifestyle is destructive.

You need to have some intellectual activities to gain a background in the concepts discussed, and some physical activity to be part of life itself.

If that's what you were saying, I agree.

If not, can you elaborate?

February 18, 2008, 05:03:52 AM

What I think you're saying:

The metal fanatic, do nothing but metal 24-7 lifestyle is destructive.

You need to have some intellectual activities to gain a background in the concepts discussed, and some physical activity to be part of life itself.

If that's what you were saying, I agree.

If not, can you elaborate?

more or less. it's more about the way that people use metal in real life: listening to it at their computer while on the internet doing whatever. Listening to metal at a desk or away from it as background noise doesn't make sense.

another thing I didn't mention explicitly but which was implied: the personal computer as a multitasking entertainment/work tool is as dangerous as television, dvd, video game. it's not about education regardless of how it is used. it's a replacement for socializing with real people, for active reading/study (i.e., books), and yeah, for physical exercise too.

February 18, 2008, 05:19:58 AM
I got to be honest it wouldnt hurt if you expressed yourself just abit better in the first post there. Please take that in mind next time you start a thread or even reply to one.

To the subject: I dont think im alone when saying that i realy love to work out to metal, and for me that is to get a great exsperience with the music. Yesterday i had a 1 hour 40 minuttes body workout with massacra `s enjoy the violence on repeat, it was awsome.

I also enjoy listening to it while taking a jog for an example.

But i dont realy think listening to metal when being at youre computer is that much multitasking. Its more basiclly sound and picture combined. You dont really get the exsperience from the music as you could, true. But it might be an album you already heard so its okay to only recive fragments of it.

And ofcourse it has also alot to say what you are doing at youre computer, listening to some raw death metal while researching for an paper, is not that much a good idea. Its more about how much in depth the subject requires. I for one dont listen to any music when im reading A.N.U.S articles.

February 21, 2008, 01:56:06 AM
awesome!  a/s/l?!

HAH.

February 21, 2008, 12:50:09 PM
I like Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Black Metal & Metal in general but When I leave the house; I take my head phones with me so I can listen to them :]

Because I am not a foolish little penguin. :P

February 21, 2008, 02:23:59 PM
Awesome,

So,do you hide job for a cowboy on your ipod when your kvlt friends come over?

February 21, 2008, 11:08:00 PM
Awesome,

uh....wha?
I don't hide anything.
I don't have a problem with what people think of me.

February 22, 2008, 12:42:11 AM
I don't have a problem with what people think of me.

This is a good trait in smart people, a horrible one in dumb people. I think it's good to be aware of what people think of you, but also to know their motivations and turn them away when they're insane.

February 22, 2008, 02:49:26 AM
Awesome,

Why, that was one of the most purposeful and constructive posts I have seen all day.

I like the part where you jumped out of fucking nowhere to insult him for no reason whatsoever. Especially with something as silly as "HAHA I BET U LISTEN TO JFAC"

Regardless, I agree with you a bit Death Metal Black Metal, but I think that it would actually be a good thing if stupid people didn't care what other people thought bout them. Hiding some of your stupidity doesn't make you less stupid or less likely to make a blatantly unintelligent decision at some point in time.

February 22, 2008, 08:24:29 PM
I'm sorry if I  insulted him but this thread is pointless and seems to be started by a child.

Stupid people shouldn't care what other people think? Who the hell cares? And stupidity? The worst thing is  a Hessian who thinks he knows everything.

February 22, 2008, 11:38:42 PM
awesome!  a/s/l?!

Haha...

February 22, 2008, 11:44:22 PM

more or less. it's more about the way that people use metal in real life: listening to it at their computer while on the internet doing whatever. Listening to metal at a desk or away from it as background noise doesn't make sense.

another thing I didn't mention explicitly but which was implied: the personal computer as a multitasking entertainment/work tool is as dangerous as television, dvd, video game. it's not about education regardless of how it is used. it's a replacement for socializing with real people, for active reading/study (i.e., books), and yeah, for physical exercise too.

I agree with your basic assessment. But I think we need to remember that this happens for the most part with those who have no drive in the first place. That is, they are people who would have found any other alternative that would have entertained them anyway, instead of searching for something that would give their life a worthy meaning.

You can't dedicate yourself solely to work or to play. As with most things in life, you need a balance to maintain sanity.

March 01, 2008, 02:54:17 AM
I guess the 4chan servers and Myspace is down?

I'm rather upset by the internet melodrama that went on here.

At any rate, I agree with you, at least through a similar interpretation as onan's. Although I do still use my mp3 player outside of my house, I use it much more sparingly and in appropriate situations to enjoy the music. I've found doing such has made my listening experience a much more elaborate one, and I find myself criticizing some of my music choices and improving them.

I did find some metal to be a catalyst for me actively exploring literature post-elementary years. It may sound shallow, but it had to be done somehow.