Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

World Creation

World Creation
February 26, 2008, 04:01:29 PM
I've done alot of pondering concerning this concept - since religion and a principle deity cannot provide an answer, neither can science give us a solution to anything...My nearest guess was something similar to what the MLO had faith in (Misanthropic Luciferian Order) which was chaos, and that it was paradimensional.

What about any other individual on this site, what do you believe in concerning the creation of everything?

Re: World Creation
February 26, 2008, 05:50:54 PM
Is there a particular reason as to why you don't believe the scientific explanations for how planets come to be? I'd think it's pretty straight-forward.

February 26, 2008, 08:29:23 PM
Science describes method; he's asking why, presupposing intuitively a thought-like order to the universe.

That's the easy part. Can you answer the rest? That's the hard part ;)

February 26, 2008, 10:02:52 PM
Is there a particular reason as to why you don't believe the scientific explanations for how planets come to be? I'd think it's pretty straight-forward.

Eternal Recurrence describes how humanity came to be . However to answer your question, Science simply wraps everything up in jargue and never comes to decisive conclusions as to why. Science is a cold and unconclusive response to human existence.

February 26, 2008, 10:21:58 PM
Does there really have to be a "why" for the universe? Even if you'd like to believe there is, I don't believe there is any way to figure it out.  The reason we have science in the first place is to explain things as best we can, and even that is far from perfect. The universe really is as cold as science seems in explaining it.

Also, if you actually believe in eternal recurrence, notice that this concept, if it were true, would still only explain things in the way that science does; that is, it only describes an observable trend, it doesn't say anything about why it happens.

Raise_the_Dead

February 27, 2008, 02:23:24 AM
Nothingness must be a state of pure willpower where anything is possible.  The universe(s?) came to being because it "wanted" to; at least that seems to be the belief espoused on this site, which sounds good to me...

Science is a cold and unconclusive response to human existence.

It doesn't have to be.  Ancient peoples, to my limited knowledge, blended science and religion into one worldview.  It wasn't like modern democracy where there's left and right and you have to side with one or the other.

February 27, 2008, 02:28:54 AM
"In theory, as the early universe expanded, energy should have condensed into equal amounts of matter and antimatter, which would then have annihilated each other on contact, reverting to pure energy. On paper, the universe should be empty."

taken from:
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/03/god-particle/achenbach-text

Interesting article I read a few days ago. I feel a bit puzzled about the subject since I study in social sciences (which tend to forget about the concerns of applied sciences).

February 27, 2008, 02:49:36 AM
I've done alot of pondering concerning this concept - since religion and a principle deity cannot provide an answer, neither can science give us a solution to anything...My nearest guess was something similar to what the MLO had faith in (Misanthropic Luciferian Order) which was chaos, and that it was paradimensional.

You have not really intensely studied the religious doctrines which deal with your problem. Have you ever meditated on the principle of infinity?

February 27, 2008, 12:22:52 PM
Science is simply the best tool we have for explaining the universe, it is far from perfect, and can only really tell the how rather than the why, but as was mentioned before, there doesn't always need to be a why.

February 27, 2008, 03:51:01 PM
N The universe(s?) came to being because it "wanted" to; at least that seems to be the belief espoused on this site, which sounds good to me...

Uh..huh..So it is capable of logical thought, is it? Does that mean the universe is....GOD  :o?

Raise_the_Dead

February 27, 2008, 03:58:35 PM
I was speaking metaphorically (somewhat).

the universe is....GOD

February 27, 2008, 10:32:02 PM
Ancient peoples, to my limited knowledge, blended science and religion into one worldview.  

They considered philosophy the principle by which they organized both. And really, they're correct. All of these disciplines are organization of thought, and should optimally reach the same conclusions.

February 28, 2008, 10:43:48 PM
You have not really intensely studied the religious doctrines which deal with your problem. Have you ever meditated on the principle of infinity?

Eternal Return seems to provide the most answers really - that the Universe has existed for all time and will continue to do so.

February 29, 2008, 12:27:23 AM
"In theory, as the early universe expanded, energy should have condensed into equal amounts of matter and antimatter, which would then have annihilated each other on contact, reverting to pure energy. On paper, the universe should be empty."

To add to the quote in my quote, perhaps the universe actually is empty.

February 29, 2008, 11:16:10 PM
Science. We can consider what we have and what we don't have in terms of explanations. Early science disproved all "mainstream" religions a long time ago. People like to twist religion to however it suits them best. Science is based on logic. Being illogical is never the right thing.