Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

One real use for forums

One real use for forums
February 25, 2008, 09:28:36 PM
Think of it as an informal school. Those of you who have learned, and found meaning in that learning, are passing it on.

Some good acrimony is necessary... but too often, people are looking for a reason to say "oh well, this guy is a stupid motherfucker, I'll verbally sodomize him and write him off."

Give people time. They're swimming in illusion and come here (often, they don't realize it) to find something new. A path that still has space.

You can help give it to them.

Re: One real use for forums
February 26, 2008, 12:34:04 AM
Socrates had the same problem when he was observing poets and the same can be seen any where. It is horrible,when you see a person striding around  thinking they know everything about everything. To have a open mind you must realize that you have little understand or even non at all, latter is a advantage.

Re: One real use for forums
March 01, 2008, 06:17:20 PM
Socrates is a good comparison. He was kind, gentle and forceful, and while he was open-minded, he didn't accept bullshit answers.

I think we need to be more like that at this forum. Too much individualistic bickering reminds me of why most white people hate white people: they're all smart enough to be self-dramatizing, but not smart enough to see what clearly needs to be done.

We can urge metalheads away from that fate.