Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hipsters

Hipsters
February 28, 2008, 12:27:55 AM
Hey, man, what are you up to tonight? You should totally come to my show at The Shack. We're on a triple bill with Meat Hammer and The Subpoenaed.

Here, take one of the flyers. Don't worry, I've got plenty more. That's us in the middle, Retarder. The name wasn't my first choice—I wanted to be Swank Factory—but the other guys all fuckin' loved it, so what are you going to do? We can always change it later, I suppose. At least until we start putting out albums.

So what are you doing tonight? You should totally come if you can. What's that? You have to work until 9? No prob. The show's supposed to start at 8, but it probably won't get going until closer to 8:30, and we're on second, so you'd probably miss the first few songs at the most.

Have you ever seen Retarder? We've only been around for six months, and this is our third club show, so there hasn't been a lot of chances unless you still go to house parties. The Shack's a shithole, but the sound is pretty good, and a Huber is only $2. Can't really complain about that. You should totally come out. It's gonna be great.

You saw my old band Bitchpile, right? Retarder sounds sort of like that, but with more of a grindcore feel.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33250

It's scary how cleanly they nail the modern hipster.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Re: Hipsters
February 28, 2008, 06:01:07 AM

That was pretty funny. I tend to see this sort of mentality in the Grindcore scene more than any other, perhaps because these days it has no ideals.

February 28, 2008, 07:00:51 PM
Conformity, rapidly flip-flopping "everything is acceptable" attitudes contradicting each other and a lack of care and concern for anything typify the P.M.S. [Proletariat Modern Slacker].

March 01, 2008, 12:24:38 PM
Or WASPs (Wearily Augmenting Sensual Pleasure).
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

March 01, 2008, 03:26:41 PM
That was pretty funny. I tend to see this sort of mentality in the Grindcore scene more than any other, perhaps because these days it has no ideals.

i find it more often occurring in "indie" bands and the metalcore scene.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 01, 2008, 06:14:24 PM
We could rank the "scenes" by how hipstery they are:

1. Indie
2. Emo
3. Grindcore
4. Black Metal
5. Death Metal

Feel free to insert whatever shitty genres people are hipsterifying over here.

March 01, 2008, 06:31:19 PM
We could rank the "scenes" by how hipstery they are:

1. Indie
2. Emo
3. Grindcore
4. Black Metal
5. Death Metal

Feel free to insert whatever shitty genres people are hipsterifying over here.

More relevant: how about scenes that aren't hipsteresque? Any? Anyone out there not sucking the tits of crumpled dead presidents or the novelty cashcow? ...