Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Metal album covers

Re: Metal album covers
July 29, 2006, 03:45:34 AM
I like Magus' Ruminations of Debauchery quite as bit. Hardangervidda and Hvis Lyset tar Oss are great too.

August 05, 2006, 06:27:12 PM
When it comes to logos I'm pretty conservative and old-fashioned.

I think the best is certainly the one of Darkthrone.
For me it represents the special atmosphere of (the early) Darkthrone just perfectly. What's more it fits greatly above any b&w picture of a forest (which is the best alternative for a  CD cover IMO ;D).

On the other hand I like Varg's point of view - simply not using any popular symbols (pentagram or inverted cross) in order to be different from the rest of metal bands of 90's.

I don't like Immortal's original logo - it is over the top IMO - too comlicated and too "fat"... looks like a bad ghetto grafiti.

Two logos that I really hate are Judas Priest's and Sodom's...

August 10, 2006, 03:48:11 PM
Any descent recommendation for sites that feature the back covers too?

August 10, 2006, 10:41:35 PM
I'm suprised no-one has mentioned Mayhems "Dawn of the Black Hearts"... Unless I skipped past it.

euronymous

August 11, 2006, 04:33:53 AM
Burzum- s/t
Emperor- ITNE
Graveland- The Celtic Winter

August 12, 2006, 01:54:56 AM
Hi, I always thought this was the best cover art ever.  The stark white background contrasted with the blood and bruised eyes is genius.  Whoever took this photo has real talent.

Deliverance- Devil's Meat

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Deliverance2.html

August 13, 2006, 09:19:27 AM
On the other hand I like Varg's point of view - simply not using any popular symbols (pentagram or inverted cross) in order to be different from the rest of metal bands of 90's.

Probably get flamed royally for this but I have always thought that Burzums logo was a rip-off of Bathorys logo.  

August 16, 2006, 04:34:48 PM
I think the back of Slayer's 'Reign in Blood' is fantastic! Fighting over miniature cans of stella Artois. Fucking genius, dude!

Vajra

August 17, 2006, 12:57:31 PM

Probably get flamed royally for this but I have always thought that Burzums logo was a rip-off of Bathorys logo.  

Isn't there a name for this font?

August 19, 2006, 11:22:31 AM

Gothic

filler

August 19, 2006, 04:51:03 PM

"Old English Text" if I remember right.

August 24, 2006, 10:22:22 PM
Emp's Nightside cover is wicked.

August 26, 2006, 04:26:31 PM
I think perhaps my favorite to use as design is Obituary's Cause of Death. I adore the sinister, Lovecraftian feel to it, of a twisted and near perverse landscape, where one is captivated by fear, but also respect for something of such immense power.

device

August 26, 2006, 07:42:19 PM
best logo-dark throne

Gonna have to agree with that, great logo.

As for covers, my favorite would be Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Wonder who the artist is that made it

http://www.truemetal.org/metalwallpaper/images/sabbathbloodysabbath.jpg

October 12, 2006, 03:44:30 PM

Best cover ever. HAIL AUTOPSY!