Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Keep your mouth shut

Keep your mouth shut
March 05, 2008, 09:51:09 PM
Today, a cartoon made by one of my friend depicting a guy killing lepers ("dead alive" style) got printed in the newspaper and censored within a day. The members of the newspaper were asked to cut the last page off each newspapers. The reason: senseless violence leads to school shooting. But isn't any violence senseless? Anyhow, I have no scan of the cartoon (which had no link whatsoever with school shootings). I am simply keeping you aware of what goes on in Colleges to prevent school shootings: KEEPING THE MOUTH SHUT.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

Re: Keep your mouth shut
March 06, 2008, 12:42:17 AM
Of all the school shooting articles I've read, not one seemed "senseless" themselves, nor provoked by "senseless violence".  I think its basically a case of the media trying to scapegoat and sensor everything they can instead of doing something about the typical school "food chain".  I just wish more people were smart enough / courageous enough to realize that 90% of high school (or really any other type) of drama can be avoided by keeping a clear head, thinking and acting rationally, and avoiding what does not effect you.

Its a Christian world, we live in, man.  And if you talk openly or try to resolve death or tragedy, we'll fucking kill you.

March 06, 2008, 07:03:41 AM
No, we don't live in a "Christian world".

People might call themselves "Christian", but 99.9% of these are following the decayed remnants of a religion that once was Christianity.

GS

March 06, 2008, 09:51:03 AM
Scratching the surface of his life, a very familiar, flat sort of American Hell, makes his need for medications a bit more understandable, as is the case for the millions of Americans like him who take psychiatric medication. Indeed, someone who wouldn't turn to antidepressants if condemned to this kind of life would seem, in my opinion, to be rather dull and insensitive, or downright sick.

If we bracket Kazmierczak's massacre as the work of an evil lunatic on drugs, we'll miss yet another opportunity to genuinely examine what life is like for most Americans today, who live in that vast, terrifying chasm between the official propaganda about a nation of happy fun-loving Number Ones, and the reality of mediocrity, petty malice, and a flat physical setting that reflects the malice and mediocrity and miserliness of its town elders.

http://exile.ru/print.php?ARTICLE_ID=17009&IBLOCK_ID=35

Also:

http://www.anus.com/zine/exponentiation/issue3/culture/books/

March 06, 2008, 10:42:31 AM
Rules for school shooters:

1. Prepare manifesto in advance. There's not enough time to edit on the big day itself.

2. Use a time-delayed mechanism for getting it out to the world, via internet or drop packages under bridges and in malls.

3. Tell no one.

4. Give plausible excuses for everything you need. The gun is to clear out squirrels; the butane is for a cookout; the extra nails are for a nativity play.

5. If there's anyone you want to spare, slash their tires and smear feces on their cars early the night before. It'll slow them up enough.

6. I'm waiting for one of these guys to cultivate a shitload of impetigo or flu and blast it all over his school as well. All's fair in love and biowar.

7. Your favorite bands look cool to you, but look juvenile to outsiders. Instead, summarize their music and ideas in your manifesto.

8. Practice reloading.

9. Seal all exits, and start an emergency that makes people want to stay put.

10. If you get the numbers of five press conrrespondents, and dial them on public phones while you are firing, they will figure out from the massacre noises what's going on and show up.

11. Make sure you really want to do this. It's probably more effective to pursue activism, or at least targetted killings of degenerates. Think hard . You have one chance to get it right.

ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Late

March 07, 2008, 07:37:00 PM
Well, if "KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT" is the only thing that keeps American college students from turning on each other then things must be in a sorry state over there?

March 07, 2008, 11:09:16 PM
Actually, I am from Québec. Anyway, the lady in charge of the student services told me that neither she nor the direction would make any step toward explaining the problem to the students or simply talking about it with the students. To them, it would incite people to actually do it. I found this reasoning alarming and totally stupid, but the school newspaper, which I am a part of, might do something about it.

As for the censored drawing, she said we lived in very delicate situation and that such images should not be viewed by the population of the college. There have been threats of schooting she explained, which alarmed me, but the direction will do nothing about it, which stunned and frustrated me.

March 08, 2008, 01:28:26 AM
You must consider the school board's feelings on the subject - do you really think any big business is going to bend over backwards to accomodate "free speech" concerns over the potential for shootings and other displays (not to mention what this costs a university in the long run, not just in money)?

I realize only retards would need the justification or incitation of a friggin' comic strip in order to commit their crime, but these days, school's can't be too careful. Academia is big business, and random acts of sodomy and mutilation can really hamper the everyday routine.

March 08, 2008, 08:28:41 AM
Or perhaps, does the world really need violent cartoons? What purpose would they serve? Merely to shock?

While I doubtless disagree with the papers reasons for censoring the cartoon and this papers general attitude. If I were in charge I probably wouldn't be permitting it either.

March 08, 2008, 05:01:11 PM
Or perhaps, does the world really need violent cartoons? What purpose would they serve? Merely to shock?

Not to shock, it was actually funny. I still don't have any scans of the aforementioned cartoon, but I have a scan of what should have been included in the next newspaper (but that most likely will not be included):

link (no viruses, I simply don't want a direct link)

Now that I've been told that the stuff I and friend did is bad, or will have a bad influence, I feel like a Viking experiencing remorse for the first time in Njal's saga.

March 08, 2008, 05:35:33 PM
Fuck remorse, it's usually some asshole trying to control you.

Cartoons might be censored, but we shouldn't get all fucking moralistic-judgmental about it. Either it's appropriate, or it's not. Oh well!

I liked the cartoons, by the way. Didn't seem very violent by American standards. I see shit like that just going to buy milk in the AM.

PS - English speakers, you may need this explanation for one violent scene.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Raise_the_Dead

March 08, 2008, 09:59:13 PM
Rules for school shooters:

You forgot the most important rule of all:

Wear a Corrupt T-shirt.

Or would that backfire on us?

March 09, 2008, 12:00:56 PM

You forgot the most important rule of all:

Wear a Corrupt T-shirt.

Or would that backfire on us?

The guy with a corrupt t-shirt shall not kill himself afterwards and live with his statement.

March 09, 2008, 04:41:34 PM
If only these school shooter losers would do something productive.

March 20, 2008, 06:44:41 PM
No, we don't live in a "Christian world".

People might call themselves "Christian", but 99.9% of these are following the decayed remnants of a religion that once was Christianity.

Just out of curiosity, what separates any Christianity of times past from that of Christianity today? It seems to me like they're still the same hypocritical, brainwashing hate-mongers that they've always been.