Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

AT THE GATES U.S. Tour Dates Announced

AT THE GATES U.S. Tour Dates Announced
March 08, 2008, 03:21:46 AM
March 07 2008
US tour confirmed. The dates so far are:

July 10 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
July 11 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
July 12 - Montreal, QC - Le Medley
July 13 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
July 14 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
July 15 - Sauget, IL Pop's
July 17 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
July 18 - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit
July 21 - Denver, CO - Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom
July 23 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
July 24 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
July 25 - San Francisco, CA- The Fillmore
July 26 - Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
July 27 - Hollywood, CA - Henry Fonda Theatre

http://www.atthegates.se/site/

I get the feeling that their setlist will consist almost entirely of garbage, but there's always the outside chance that it won't.  The shows that they do in Japan shortly before the U.S. tour will probably indicate whether or not it's even worth considering attending.

chrstphrbnntt

Re: AT THE GATES U.S. Tour Dates Announced
March 08, 2008, 03:45:14 AM
I'd go if they were coming near me -- mainly because of Municipal Waste. Excellent thrash band, kind of like D.R.I. updated for the 21st century, although not quite as good.

edit: Removed incorrect setlist.

March 08, 2008, 06:10:43 PM
The absence of member Alf Svensson from the lineup looms critical.

March 09, 2008, 02:58:33 AM
"Slaughter of the Soul" is only 34 minutes long, so by default, the set-list is going to have something good (old) in it.

Even then, I doubt that the performance of those songs will be good enough to match their records.

Septicemia

March 09, 2008, 10:35:39 AM
"Slaughter of the Soul" is only 34 minutes long, so by default, the set-list is going to have something good (old) in it.

Even then, I doubt that the performance of those songs will be good enough to match their records.

You're forgetting that the the rest of ATG, excepting the vocalist, had a cheesy-melodic band that released terrible albums on an almost a yearly basis. Not only are the chances good that they'll work this material into their setlist, but they could pull a Cynic on us and write some "new material".

July 10, 2008, 11:55:48 PM
Here"s what you get: their last two albums almost in their entirety, and a couple from their third. "Windows" and "All Life Ends" was all that was played of their worthwhile material. Lindberg appears to have become a jester, as evidenced by his silly appearance and sagging pants, but is enjoying his new singalong fanbase composed of the swarming Crowd.

July 11, 2008, 10:20:13 PM
I get the impression that most people say they prefer the older stuff because it sounds more challenging and has an amateurish indie vibe about it like your older sister's high school theater project, and that because of its relative accessibility (which reflects nothing on the compositional quality of the album), people are too afraid to let themselves enjoy SotS. What's everyone's beef with that album?

Please refrain from these boring, defensive rants.

July 14, 2008, 11:58:17 PM
Do you even know what 'unilateral' means?

July 15, 2008, 01:48:25 AM
I'd go if they were coming near me -- mainly because of Municipal Waste. Excellent thrash band, kind of like D.R.I. updated for the 21st century, although not quite as good.

They're DRI with a lobotomy- and that's not a good thing.