Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New classical page

New classical page
March 19, 2008, 12:14:33 AM
While rumbling through the contents of my computer I uncovered an attempt I made about midway through last year to update the ANUS classical section. Having thoroughly forgot of the matter until now I wish to continue the project. But I would like to ask for help. I would like overviews written by you about a specific composer to add to this index.

As can be seen now there is only three composers present. The new template I have made makes the distinction between the four main classical periods and makes a list of links to a page specifically about that composer. It would also be helpful if this did not take the form of a biography. I do not wish to make a wiki style view of the composer but would rather that the composers advancements, legacy and music style be noted.  And only act in a biographical manner when this helps to explain the music styling or legacy of the composer. Remember, unlike wiki we are not afraid to make value judgments and that will be what makes our classical section worth visiting. Look at the  part about Bach in the current classical section to see a good example of what would be useful.

While any composer you choose should be fine could we please state with the most prolific composers first before we start including obscure ones. Also it would be most helpful if people started with the romantic and 20th century periods because these eras have so many composers where the others only have a small handful of remembered composer.

Re: New classical page
March 20, 2008, 10:41:50 PM
i commend such a project as i have a growing interest in classical music but its just such a large field to explore and understand. Hence i believe such a page would be beneficial to all. I wish i could help but i just dont the knowledge to. Goodluck in the project and sincerely hope some others put there hands up to help you.

Re: New classical page
March 22, 2008, 02:10:40 PM
If you ever don't have the knowledge to do something, don't forget your local library!
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh