Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Retarded music

Retarded music
March 21, 2008, 12:20:27 PM
Can't we just grow up and admit that whatever bullshit we imagine our preferences to be, music that sings about the ugly as a way of glorifying the artist is stupid, as is derivative music which wishes to suppress the ugly with the oblivious?

All of these shit artists (Goatlord, John Zorn, Arghoslent, Mendelssohn, Steve Reich) are fodder for hipsters, not real men or real intellectuals.

For fuck's sake, niggaz.

Re: Retarded music
March 21, 2008, 01:23:47 PM
using the word retarded to describe anything is foolish.

March 21, 2008, 03:20:27 PM
using the word retarded to describe anything is foolish.

I completely disagree. If you know the etymology of the word, it's the perfect description.

March 21, 2008, 03:44:43 PM
I do not feel hipster when I listen to the artists mentioned above. I admit having problem classiflying them as 'classical' and truly inspiring, but I enjoy their experimentational side.

March 21, 2008, 07:41:33 PM
Hmm, I saw that same Goatlord album that's up for download on vinyl at my friendly local record store. It looked like it could be interesting, but I don't have the money to spare on mystery albums.

March 21, 2008, 07:49:25 PM
It is an insult to great art that you include Mendelssohn in that list. I'd like to see a realistic criticism of his works beyond him being ein Jude by birth.

March 21, 2008, 11:41:53 PM
It is an insult to great art that you include Mendelssohn in that list. I'd like to see a realistic criticism of his works beyond him being ein Jude by birth.

Honestly, I think onan is just making fun of contemporary artists with a jewish background.

March 22, 2008, 08:58:47 AM

I completely disagree. If you know the etymology of the word, it's the perfect description.

bah, perhaps its the PC douchebag within me, but i see "retarded" as being a very juvenile and immature way of describing things. almost as base as calling someone "gay" or a "faggot". i tend not to use those kinds of words in my speech, online or otherwise.

but far be it from me to tell you what not to say, onan. no offense intended.

March 22, 2008, 08:59:58 AM

Honestly, I think onan is just making fun of contemporary artists with a jewish background.

i would laugh so hard if any of the members of Arghoslent were jewish.

March 22, 2008, 11:18:24 AM
well nothing wrong with self hating ethno-jews, don't know about these guys though.

March 22, 2008, 01:12:39 PM
perhaps its the PC douchebag within me, but i see "retarded" as being a very juvenile and immature way of describing things.

Again, you're not familiar with the etymology of it.

And also, these artists were not picked for having a Jewish background.

March 22, 2008, 02:50:17 PM
Puerile is the fact to consider juvenile a word which is properly defining the list of artists Onan mentioned above. See below...

retarded, adj. : relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development. Lacking intelligence.

March 22, 2008, 06:53:55 PM
How did some of these retards get Cadre access?   Steve Reich?  Goatlord?  How can any thinking human defend that kind of obvious garbage?

March 22, 2008, 08:18:46 PM
Since when was "Jew" uncensored?

Late

March 23, 2008, 07:57:26 PM
This is such a boring America-centric bbs.

Wth is a "hipster" thankfully I do not know what it is.