Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Retarded music

chrstphrbnntt

Re: Retarded music
March 23, 2008, 08:09:04 PM
Steve Reich has a few decent compositions under his belt, although he seems a bit too focused on the process of making music as opposed to the final product. Philip Glass, Arvo Part and Henryk Gorecki are much more deserving of your antipathy. La Monte Young and Morton Feldman are two great "minimalist" composers that I'd recommend over any of the 4 "rock stars" of minimalism.

March 23, 2008, 11:59:13 PM
His work is painfully boring. he didn't understand the quintessential fire that possessed his peers (Schumann, Brahms, Wagner, Chopin) but knew how to mimic them in style.

Mendelssohn is the Satyricon of his era.

Now this is a matter of personal opinion. While Brahms and especially Wagner went on composing long and over-the-top pieces, Mendelssohn prefered simplicity and respected the music.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

VorteIX

March 24, 2008, 05:45:47 PM
How did some of these retards get Cadre access?   Steve Reich?  Goatlord?  How can any thinking human defend that kind of obvious garbage?

Basic questions from a newcomer on this forum:

Which are the requirements to achieve Cadre status? ANUS ideologies spreading?

Why Onan isn't Cadre?

I think he's productive.

March 24, 2008, 06:17:07 PM
Anyone that's productive for the organisation generally get the cadre title. But the major factor is to get access to the cadre forum in order to get more information about how to help better the organisation (since you proved you wanted to by getting the title).

Anyway. Let's keep this thread about supposed retarded music.

March 24, 2008, 07:17:09 PM
Steve Reich has a few decent compositions under his belt, although he seems a bit too focused on the process of making music as opposed to the final product. Philip Glass, Arvo Part and Henryk Gorecki are much more deserving of your antipathy.

Steve Reich sounds awful. I've never listened to Henryk Gorecki, but what about Part and Glass do you find inferior to Steve Reich?

Reich's music strikes me as frivolous and even obnoxious at times, whereas, especially in the case of Arvo Part, I usually find music of a higher caliber.

shadowmystic

April 01, 2008, 05:46:04 AM
His work is painfully boring. he didn't understand the quintessential fire that possessed his peers (Schumann, Brahms, Wagner, Chopin) but knew how to mimic them in style.

Mendelssohn is the Satyricon of his era.

That is an extremely vague and subective statement that doesn't really hold any water without at least a brief explanation.