Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Ritualistic sound

Re: Ritualistic sound
March 31, 2008, 04:15:53 PM
Can you please define what you do mean by Ritualistic or Shamanistic ?  Every ppl in here  are naming plenty of bands with mostly no similarities between them.
First when I read it Im thinking to beherit for the serious "barbaric-near-tribal-incantation" like sounding ,but I may be wrong .

To be totally honest, I don't even know, myself  ;D.  A lot of people here seem to have an academic understanding of music - not me.  My background is literature and I'm relatively new to BM anyway.  Beherit is what I had in mind, too, and they are pretty much the reason I made this post in the first place.  I am so taken with Beherit, I would even like to know if there are any shameless rip-off bands trying to do a "Beherit thing."  

But here's the thing:  I'm really into BM vocals so I was looking for any bands that use chants/call-response/marching-cadence.  Anything that sounds like a ritual, incantation or a shaman dancing around a fire.  Again, my musical vocabulary is weak, so I have to use images to conjure up what I'm looking for (or listening for, in this case).  Of the bands reccomended, Inquisition sounds the most promising and I will have to do a little work to see what some of those other bands actually sound like (I try to preview before I buy).

So to answer your question, I guess I would say think of something along the lines of Beherit.

But all in all, the reccomendations are great and keep 'em coming.  I am amazed at how impeccable the musical taste is around here.
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!

April 03, 2008, 09:11:23 AM

To be totally honest, I don't even know, myself  ;D.  A lot of people here seem to have an academic understanding of music - not me.  .

The true music understanding comes from the soul ;) The rest is experience.

Hum for your question ive nothing that concrete ,but I will suggest:

Darkthrone - Goatlord.You'll like the song Black Daimon and probably the whole thing.

Darkthrone - Panzerfaust

Nile - Black seeds of Vengence

Thats for now

April 03, 2008, 01:17:20 PM
Nile?  I'll probably avoid them.  I trust the general judgments around here and I've noticed Nile is not exactly endorsed.  Thanks, though.
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!

chb

April 03, 2008, 01:28:38 PM
I'd recommend you give Karl Sander's solo album a listen. It's ambient music but you might like it anyway.

April 03, 2008, 01:35:55 PM
Nile?  I'll probably avoid them.  I trust the general judgments around here and I've noticed Nile is not exactly endorsed.  Thanks, though.

There is hardly anything ritualistic about that album. At its best, the album is death metal with certain 'eastern' touches. I doubt if there is any trace of true Egyptian music in that album.
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

April 03, 2008, 02:55:51 PM

one could do much, much worse than "Amongst the Catacombs of the Nephren-Ka". just because some members here dont like a band does not mean they are not worth it to someone else on this board.

personally i feel you should try that album out, it's Nile's best one.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 03, 2008, 06:09:54 PM

Then I hope you've listened to Darkthrone-Goatlord.
And pls listen to it BEFORE taking people's judgment for cash.BE your own judge.

April 03, 2008, 06:38:47 PM
Tangerine Dream and Maeror Tri, maybe some Zeni Geva or Burzum. Early Enslaved. Beherit, just about anything. Infester. Early Deicide.

All have aspects of Ritual.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh