Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pig Destroyer

Pig Destroyer
March 26, 2008, 02:26:11 PM
OVerrated, bassless, but still highly enjoyable (at least for a youngster which as yet to fully define everything he listens). However this band seems to attract hipster fans from all over metal.

Re: Pig Destroyer
March 26, 2008, 03:21:33 PM
seriously, the amount of hipster fans (ohh i dont leik grindcore but PxDx are so br00tal lol!) is ridiculous.

i like everything up to/including "Prowler in the Yard". after that, they stopped being grindcore and incorporated more death metal/modern metal stylings into their sound, which i think hurts them tremendously. they rely too much on "groove" now, as evidenced by their last 2 albums. its a shame really, as their older material is some of the best grindcore of the past decade.

J.R. is a very convincing vocalist, for that matter. i would not be suprised if he literally is insane.

March 26, 2008, 07:27:37 PM
The ultimate hipster bands are all "ironic" grindcore. Social conscience with a side of self-importance, yo.

Pig Destroyer has always seemed to me to be of this ilk, from the fanbase, but I've never heard them. There's a correlation between my lack of will to hear them and the PD fans I've met.

When will grindcore renovate itself? It's dead now, at least to its original ideals, and any sense of musical quality.

March 26, 2008, 09:18:26 PM
The ultimate hipster bands are all "ironic" grindcore. Social conscience with a side of self-importance, yo.

Pig Destroyer has always seemed to me to be of this ilk, from the fanbase, but I've never heard them. There's a correlation between my lack of will to hear them and the PD fans I've met.

When will grindcore renovate itself? It's dead now, at least to its original ideals, and any sense of musical quality.

they do appeal to a hipster crowd, and i for one think it is a shame that their early material is almost completely ignored in favor of their last 2 albums. most of their "fans" don't realize that PD has been around for over 10 years, and simply think they are br00tal based on their recent releases.

i dont know how much of a grindcore fan you are, but give "Explosions in Ward 6" or "Prowler in the Yard" a try. theyre not the best grindcore band around, but i think those works have some merit.

March 26, 2008, 10:30:02 PM
to be completely accurate about PD's crossover to horn-rimmed kids with upturned collars, it should be noted that the band performed a number of shows a couple of years back with two chicks adding noise.  here's one of them: http://www.irfp.net/

it's the kind of mindless pabulum that hipsters lap up and certainly indicates an interest on the part of "Pig Destroyer" to widen their fanbase

March 27, 2008, 02:15:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BdP6lI6kqc

wow, that is ridiculous. i can't believe he would keep going after the mic broke.

March 27, 2008, 05:00:53 PM
even though I am not a huge Pig Destroyer fan, I have to give the guy credit.  he obviously has a lot of passion for what he is doing, and that a good thing to see.  he nearly passes out towards the end of that, but keeps going.  that takes a lot of guts

March 27, 2008, 06:15:23 PM
He's wearing a Tool shirt. That makes him a fucking moron.

March 28, 2008, 12:37:41 AM
"i saw this strange video where some sort of monkey/man hybrid just started screaming in a room full of other money/men hybrids, with heads bobbing and electricity being taken for granted"

March 28, 2008, 11:16:03 AM
He's wearing a Tool shirt. That makes him a fucking moron.

So this guy is also a moron?

March 28, 2008, 03:58:47 PM
So this guy is also a moron?

Obviously he is, unless it's a joke.

March 28, 2008, 07:05:28 PM
the ignorance on this board is overwhelming some times.  we get it, you think you are less of a plague than us other feeble humans, and your shit doesnt stink.  blah blah, lets give you the attention you deserve, as the messiah of modern society and music.  Congratulations.  I've never heard of you or your accomplishments, but I am sure they are substantial enough to give merit to a comment like that.  Blah blah blah. this is the reason half of the board is progressing, while the other half is just nipping at their heels, spewing attention-seeking garbage in public threads.

March 28, 2008, 07:26:04 PM
Maybe he's a moron (which he's not since I know him), but he still made alot of thing for Corrupt and our goal, which 90% of you did not. Give him no credit for loving Tool, but you can't get away the one he have for actually DOING something and not just bullshiting.

March 28, 2008, 09:21:01 PM
spewing attention-seeking garbage in public threads.

Nothing like what you've done here, right?

Listen to, read, watch, do whatever you want, but don't expect sympathy because you feel insulted by some impersonal comments.