Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Mexicans strike back against EMO

Mexicans strike back against EMO
March 27, 2008, 10:21:26 PM
Chances are if you aren't emo, you hate emo. But you likely don't hate this straight-haired, masscara-lined subculture as much as the Mexicans do. In recent weeks, a wave of emo bashings has swept across Mexico, several news agencies have reported, fuelled by punks, rockabillies, goths, metalheads and basically anyone who's not emo.

According to Daniel Hernandez, who's been covering the anti-emo riots on his blog Intersections, the violence began March 7, when an estimated 800 young people poured into the Mexican city of Queretaro's main plaza "hunting" for emo kids to pummel. Then the following weekend similar violence occurred in Mexico City at the Glorieta de Insurgents, a central gathering space for emos. Hernandez also reports that several anti-emo riots have now also spread to various other Mexican cities. Via the Austin American Statesmen, several postings on Mexican social-networking sites, primarily organising spot for these "emo hunts," have been dug up and translated. One states: "I HATE EMOS!!! They are not even people, they are so stupid, they cry over meaningless things. My school is infested with them, I want to kill them all!"

Ad Hoc Eugenics: The Great Mexican Emo Hunt

VorteIX

Re: Mexicans strike back against EMO
March 28, 2008, 05:09:08 AM
Here in Mexico right now, government started to protect them legally, and promoving tolerance on TV. Also, they seek to reunite "urban counterculture tribes leaders" to find agreements and peace. I wonder who would them find as a leader of the "metalhead" tribe. Maybe a CoF fan.

Anyhow, this not achieves the category of Eugenics, the people that beat them are just as freak as emos are.

Besides, much worse "tribes" as cholos and reggaetoneros (reggaeton: the worst music ever)
still unbeated, because they are usually criminals able to defend themselves. Emo are much easier prey in this battle of freaks.

March 29, 2008, 01:10:38 AM
!ESTUPENDO!

Los emos de México son mejor muertos!

March 29, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
I had no idea there were emos outside of the U.S. Apparently nothing happened according to the video on the site you linked to. It says threats were made against the emos on the internet and then they all met up to protest and other than a few isolated beatings, nothing happened. Also on the video they ask one of the anti-emos why they hate emos and he claims it's because they're copying their styles. Hopefully there will be more beatings.

Edit:I just found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffp1O2nDz3Q&feature=related where a group of goths claim that they have no problem with emos and that they're their to make peace with the emos.

March 30, 2008, 02:51:47 PM
who's up next ?
goths ?

VorteIX

March 31, 2008, 01:10:14 AM
It's done. Emo manifestations worked. The "leaders" of the urban tribes signed a peace treaty between urban fauna.

Emo are a protected specie of our envoriment.

April 01, 2008, 11:42:32 PM
Emos are now a special, protected group.

That in itself is a victory.

April 03, 2008, 05:18:36 AM
Emos are now a special, protected group.

That in itself is a victory.

A very confusing one.

April 03, 2008, 08:33:04 AM
who's up next ?
goths ?

well it's all the same to their parents right??

April 03, 2008, 06:41:46 PM
A very confusing one.

Emos -> black, gay, wheelchairs.

April 03, 2008, 09:11:53 PM
Apparently this started in Chile not Mexico.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMStV1Yum2o
Emos in Chile are called pokemons though.

VorteIX

April 06, 2008, 03:50:50 AM
This shit about Normal Freaks vs Emos is just a matter of territory, they struggle for parks, squares and markeplaces.

No fucking ideology, just pavement.

April 07, 2008, 05:43:20 PM
the violence began March 7

It's not violence; it's ethnic cleansing. DEATH TO EMOS!

April 07, 2008, 05:45:41 PM

A very confusing one.

Not so. All we have to do is wait for the decline. Remember, the emos have already defeated themselves. And sorry Onan, if I disturbed your subtle metaphoric atmosphere.

April 08, 2008, 08:32:00 PM
It's eugenics.

Find all useless people, group them under a useless movement, and then kill them.

Or better yet, induce them to sterilize themselves through tainted eyeliner.